10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

I am gonna say that  Europe TH was more popular (it was certainly harder for me to find HH than TH) but maybe those who have HH are going the long hoard route while those with TH are selling sooner due to the initially higher price spike.

From what I can see on BL data in EUR, the figures are quite similar 106/122 and certainly quite a bit lower than  FB or GE. However R2 (77) is the least listed set within that price point. I have disregarded USD data due to the seemingly false data from Asian shops.

When I look at my local craig's list there are twice as much ads for TH than for HH. That is why I asked the question. 

Maybe some of our experts can jump in and come up with numbers from Ebay and Bricklink?

TH looks better on the stats (BL & EBay) & synergy. 

But it's not going to be a BIG difference. TH should go up a little faster nonetheless.

Both will easily double (if not more) as they went EoL sooner than the hoard could move.

HH might get help from MF Series 14 & halloween though, so the stats could change with the season.

I really don't really understand why you guys are comparing the potential of the TH, the GE and the HH now.

Some even seem to be on the verge of being harsh...

Unless some guys can still have some at RRP and don't know which one to invest in, and ask for some advices, I don't understand the point of the discussion. :dontknow:

We should appreciate that these sets are all winners and move to the next one...  :victory:

@imirish11

Good call ! :thumbsup:

Edited by biniou
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife accidentally bought one for $350 plus shipping on ebay. I have know idea how she accidentally bid on this.

Now I'm stuck with it. How much is this expected to appreciate around halloween? I'd like to at least break even after fees for this "accident."

Nobody will be able to say for sure, but I'm pretty confident you'll at least break even on this set

• Like 1

My wife accidentally bought one for $350 plus shipping on ebay. I have know idea how she accidentally bid on this.

Now I'm stuck with it. How much is this expected to appreciate around halloween? I'd like to at least break even after fees for this "accident."

Your wife will be forgiven on November (greatly I mean).

edit: if you don't want to keep it at that price, just put it again on ebay for $399 (buy it now) + shipping as soon as you receive it (it will cover your fees), so you will reach the break-even. I think you might be able to resell it before this summer.

Edited by biniou

I've actually always asked myself how one can - exactly - buy something "accidentally". Maybe you could ask her how she did it. Knowing this could help me understand those "accidental" buyers on my ebay auctions better. Thx

Edited by rfish
  • Like 4

Well... at least you can buy what you want now. When your wifes dares to complain you can say you bought it by accident ;)

p.s. I respect that you take responsibility and paid the seller. Many people simply wouldn't pay.

Edited by Ciglione
  • Like 3

Tell her you accidentally bought an all-inclusive massage. Oops!

• Like 1