10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

The class of 2014 is just smashing records all over the place. For right now the trend is straight up and I am thoroughly enjoying the ride. I don't think we will see the likes of this haul on this trajectory ever again.

HH is down to 45 units on BL for the USA. This is just incredible. $500 by this halloween looks very conservative to me. This time last year I would have laughed at this notion of HH at $1k anytime soon but the market says otherwise.

I love supply going down. I would wager that a lot of the buyers are not investors (i.e. Darin) as with the TH. Not saying there are none, but I have a hunch that some of these sales are going to end users, which is very positive.

Unless someone on here is trying to corner the HH market quietly?

I am under the impression that at this moment the HH is more rare than the TH. Or is it just me?

Great question. I never paid attention to 10224 TH until late Sept 2014 but did follow the AA and 10228 HH SETS for most of their retail lives.

It would be Intertesting to read what more experienced members such as Ed Mack, Mos, Jeff Mack and StarCityBricks (to name a few). I know other senior members like me (Emazers for one) were paying attention more to the HH & AA than TH from the start. I only have more TH than HH & AA because of "luck".

Based on my shopping observations, there always seemed to be more THs available than AA and HH but that could be because TH was a slower seller and not necessarily attributed to production #s. Logic wants to tell me HH is more scarce than TH but my gut tells me the opposite. Who knows...

I didn't mean to omit member names out above. No disrespect. I just picked names than came out of the blue,

Guest TabbyBoy

I think there's at least 10x more HH than TH out there as the HH was hyped and the TH went quietly.  As far as value goes, I don't think that HH will ever reach the value of the TH.  Already, the TH is selliing for far more than the HH with the same RRP of

Edited by TabbyBoy

TH is part of a theme that is highly collectible. While there are some Monster Fighter completionists they are few relative to the large number of modular completionists. As a standalone HH is an incredible set and is why it will still do very well and it is an instant lego classic. I just don't expect it to ever pull TH numbers. From what I have observed resellers have alot more stock of HH than TH. That being said HH numbers are still alot less than FB or GE, another plus for this one. $1k down the track yes, $2k no. I rank it as the number 2 best investment in 2014 behind TH.

TH is part of a theme that is highly collectible. While there are some Monster Fighter completionists they are few relative to the large number of modular completionists. As a standalone HH is an incredible set and is why it will still do very well and it is an instant lego classic. I just don't expect it to ever pull TH numbers. From what I have observed resellers have alot more stock of HH than TH. That being said HH numbers are still alot less than FB or GE, another plus for this one. $1k down the track yes, $2k no. I rank it as the number 2 best investment in 2014 behind TH.

So, I guess you rank these ahead of the SSD?  Where's that Ed?