10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

So what's rarer in the aftermarket? HH or TH?  Looking at Amazon... they have about 83 sellers right now for HH, 114 sellers for TH.  On Bricklink (selling new complete sets in North America) it's the other way around 36 to 23, on ebay I count around 63 HH to 47 TH.  So lots of TH on Amazon, fewer on BL and Ebay.

So far HH is the winner in % price gain, I think HH may be the rarer of the two.

That surprises me just because I was under the impression that a fair number of people had been accumulating HH's.  It was more or less expected to go this year... it just disappeared a few months earlier than most would have thought.  On the other hand, TH seemed to catch everyone by surprise.  I would have thought there'd be fewer in the hands of investors.

So what's rarer in the aftermarket? HH or TH?  Looking at Amazon... they have about 83 sellers right now for HH, 114 sellers for TH.  On Bricklink (selling new complete sets in North America) it's the other way around 36 to 23, on ebay I count around 63 HH to 47 TH.  So lots of TH on Amazon, fewer on BL and Ebay.

So far HH is the winner in % price gain, I think HH may be the rarer of the two.

That surprises me just because I was under the impression that a fair number of people had been accumulating HH's.  It was more or less expected to go this year... it just disappeared a few months earlier than most would have thought.  On the other hand, TH seemed to catch everyone by surprise.  I would have thought there'd be fewer in the hands of investors.

Maybe the hoarders are just holding onto them?

Over the last year I have seen that my domestic market is quite small so it is a big risk to multi order too many of the same big sets at full price as there are just not enough buyers with that level of disposable income to take them after EOL, however there are a handful who can afford to buy them all. It is therefore better to create a wide portfolio rather than hoard the same set.

Here what works is to do 3x2 flip raid on  Mandalorians and other sub 50 euro sets and sell them at 10% less than MSRP but this is a hobby not a profession for me so I prefer to look at other options.

Over the last year I have seen that my domestic market is quite small so it is a big risk to multi order too many of the same big sets at full price as there are just not enough buyers with that level of disposable income to take them after EOL, however there are a handful who can afford to buy them all. It is therefore better to create a wide portfolio rather than hoard the same set.

Here what works is to do 3x2 flip raid on  Mandalorians and other sub 50 euro sets and sell them at 10% less than MSRP but this is a hobby not a profession for me so I prefer to look at other options.

I bought 8x 10228 sets in France last week (at retail price 179

Edited by denosya

Nowhere near Valencia as we have the market cornered here xD

^.^

Don't worry, I'm out of budget for this year... You can keep your HH :-P

Just had enough to get some more R2D2... though I finally had to use my VIP-points ^.^

Even found me some RI! Don't know if it will be worth much next year or not... but I'm going to hold them for some time.

Don't know if you actually CAN have enough HH or R2D2 but I'm satisfied with what I have.

I bought 8x 10228 sets in France last week (at retail price 179

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone by chance know how many of which pieces are in each bag? Haha. No, really. The one I got from Amazon had too much "rattle" to it, so I opened it to verify contents and one of the bags labeled 4 was open. I assume all the pieces are "there" (all other bags/pieces are there), but wondering if anyone has ever noted the pieces per bag. I am guessing this isn't out there anywhere and that I will have to build or count it to find out, but just thought I'd cast out a line.

Anyone by chance know how many of which pieces are in each bag? Haha. No, really. The one I got from Amazon had too much "rattle" to it, so I opened it to verify contents and one of the bags labeled 4 was open. I assume all the pieces are "there" (all other bags/pieces are there), but wondering if anyone has ever noted the pieces per bag. I am guessing this isn't out there anywhere and that I will have to build or count it to find out, but just thought I'd cast out a line.

I think you should be ok requesting that bag from Lego, though i am not sure how do they id bags with the same number