10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

So is HH set for retirement? Or are we seeing a pre-Halloween frenzy? I am in Germany (set my proxy down in the USA) and got pulled into this "Target has HH" rabbit hole last night.  Spent, what seems, to be 3 wasted hours into the early morning trying to F5 HH Target page over and over again. 

That being said, after Halloween are we going to see it on the market more and have the ability to purchase it like a normal person?  Or is this thing done?

It is a 2012 set....but it seems like everyone "just discovered" this thing. 

Curious as to people thoughts on this...

The HH is making a come back here too.

But quantities are quite limited.

My guess is these sets are back orders from retailers. First lego fulfilled his customers from LEGO Shop at Home then they shipped some sets to retailers. Of course they do not use super-premium-fast shipping, and the retailers have to add these sets to their stock, that's why we see a delay between the last BO fulfilled form LEGO Shop at Home and these sets that are appearing here and there.

I really think the HH will not come back after that. This is its swan song.

So is HH set for retirement? Or are we seeing a pre-Halloween frenzy? I am in Germany (set my proxy down in the USA) and got pulled into this "Target has HH" rabbit hole last night.  Spent, what seems, to be 3 wasted hours into the early morning trying to F5 HH Target page over and over again. 

That being said, after Halloween are we going to see it on the market more and have the ability to purchase it like a normal person?  Or is this thing done?

It is a 2012 set....but it seems like everyone "just discovered" this thing. 

Curious as to people thoughts on this...

This set has been talked up for a long time, I don't think it is just being discovered, but clearly some people missed their chance to get it at retail. A lot of people thought there would be a lot still around for Halloween, which makes sense, but it goes to show that there is no rhyme or reason for sets retiring.

The HH is making a come back here too.

But quantities are quite limited.

My guess is these sets are back orders from retailers. First lego fulfilled his customers from LEGO Shop at Home then they shipped some sets to retailers. Of course they do not use super-premium-fast shipping, and the retailers have to add these sets to their stock, that's why we see a delay between the last BO fulfilled form LEGO Shop at Home and these sets that are appearing here and there.

I really think the HH will not come back after that. This is its swan song.

Where have you seen it? LEGO Shop at Home?

Seems there is still plenty of time left to get these. As much as this continues to be produced and sold and as much as this is being hoarded, I cut my target number in half. Oh good I have already met my target. Moving on.

Yes, because this one has been so readily available since it sold out from shop at home, right?  I mean it's been coming in stock for all of 2 minutes at a time and some of the orders are getting cancelled.  It's only selling for $100+ over retail on eBay in less than a month after going to sold out status.  But don't worry, you still have plenty of time left to get these.  Just make sure you're at your computer all day and night or you have a super script to check stock 24/7   :dontknow:

• Like 1

Yes, because this one has been so readily available since it sold out from shop at home, right? I mean it's been coming in stock for all of 2 minutes at a time and some of the orders are getting cancelled. It's only selling for $100+ over retail on eBay in less than a month after going to sold out status. But don't worry, you still have plenty of time left to get these. Just make sure you're at your computer all day and night or you have a super script to check stock 24/7 :dontknow:

Oh and dont forget the "Auto purchase when in stock" script.