10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

all 3 sets arrived yesterday from amazon.  believe it or not but the two 10228s actually slightly damaged the 10221.  the rear of 10221 has a  deep crease going from 1 side to the other about 1/2 inch from the 2 tape seals on that end. the cease is isn't too bad itself but the weight of the 10228s nearly popped both 2 seals (lifted up).  luckily, it's still sealed.

btw, each 10228 has a sticker attached to the bottom side containing some code with the corresponding #.

post-3743-0-54739800-1415115112_thumb.jp

i just received shipping confirmation from amazon for two 10228s and one 10221 in ONE shipping box leaving Plainfield IN.

Total package weight is 32.90 lbs.

my prediction is the 10221 arrives beat-up and it's weight & size trashes both 10228s.  the poor 10228s never stood a chance...

all 3 sets arrived yesterday from amazon.  believe it or not but the two 10228s actually slightly damaged the 10221.  the rear of 10221 has a  deep crease going from 1 side to the other about 1/2 inch from the 2 tape seals on that end. the cease is isn't too bad itself but the weight of the 10228s nearly popped both 2 seals (lifted up).  luckily, it's still sealed.

btw, each 10228 has a sticker attached to the bottom side containing some code with the corresponding #.

attachicon.gif10228.jpg

I made 2 orders on Amazon last week for a SC and a HH.  Both of my orders are scheduled to be delivered in the same shipping box (weighs 11.8 lbs) tomorrow.   :cry:

I made 2 orders on Amazon last week for a SC and a HH.  Both of my orders are scheduled to be delivered in the same shipping box (weighs 11.8 lbs) tomorrow.   :cry:

I've got a 2 SSD sandwich with a SC filling coming so I'm thinking squished at least. At least Amazon will give you a $20 credit on the SC if  you complain that it is crushed.

Edited by grackleflint

I just ordered 2 HH on Amazon... not sure if they'll ship, but here's what I did: 

F5 on main page until the small "X new from $Y" under the description showed $179.95. When I clicked on the "X new from" link, I chose "Prime". The top price was $179.95 and listed as from Amazon. I plunked them in my cart, received the confirmation email, and am now waiting to see what happens.

What do I have to lose? And if Amazon reimburses a FBA seller for the difference, seems like a win-win. When I worked at a bookstore years ago, we would buy popular books from competitors and sell them at a loss just to be sure we always had the popular stuff... crazy, but true.

I received my SC and HH that I ordered on Amazon during last week's buy-a-thon.  The tape on the shipping box was coming off on one end and was packed only with some brown paper.  The SC has a few minor creases, however the HH surprisingly is in pretty good shape other than some shelf wear.  The date code on the SC is 12R4.  Both date codes on the HH are worn.  It's either 32R4 or 37R4.

I received my SC and HH that I ordered on Amazon during last week's buy-a-thon.  The tape on the shipping box was coming off on one end and was packed only with some brown paper.  The SC has a few minor creases, however the HH surprisingly is in pretty good shape other than some shelf wear.  The date code on the SC is 12R4.  Both date codes on the HH are worn.  It's either 32R4 or 37R4.

Wouldn't those be new codes? Strange they would be worn.