10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

It's becoming pretty evident that Target either is basing availability on regions/IP ranges or the server load balancing is doing some strange stuff.  So don't go crazy if everyone is saying it's in stock and you're not seeing it.  It happened to me last night and this morning, the Add to cart button finally showed up again.

I think this is true too...i'm on the west coast...can the buyers after 4:20 pst confirm this theory and tell us where they are located

im in Hawaii and no such luck for me ... been trying since they showed up yesterday ... red add button glowing in my face but no go ... must be regional ... for sure i wouldve scored at least one with the amount of times it showed up .... i had way better luck with TH on Amazon!!

I am of the opinion that Halloween doesn't really affect sales of this set as much as say the Winter Village sets...although some may buy it to display on Halloween, I think many buy for the coolness factor overall.

I agree...I don't really know why everyone thinks that there is some kind of price spike of the MF sets leading up to Halloween.  Sure the sets have some tangential connection to the holiday, but it's not like it's a big gift-giving holiday where parents will be in the s**-house with their kids if they don't have a MF set waiting for them on the big day.  IMHO, conventional wisdom is way off on this one.

my wm batch hasn't shipped and was marked "delayed" amazon batch was 37R4

that was the same seal code on my last HH from LEGO Shop at Home. I got one of the last ones there. Everyone who ordered the day after me got canceled. Off topic: holy sh** i just saw magic from Vlad Tarasenko

Does anyone have a rational explanation for what is going on at Target today?

probably something related to geolocation load balancing and stock changes not propagating fast enough...not fast enough = stock already depleted before server sync...

clearing your browser cache won't help...it's the same at amazon, walmart and all the rest...it's not a cache issue, it's always related to load balancing and type of routing and also how fast the servers sync or more precisely, the mirrored databases...

Edited by macdroid

How many of these do they have I wonder

i thought you meant why some see HH available and others not...how many? Nobody knows. Once we know seal codes, it will be easier to guess if they are hunting down all lost HH in their warehouses or if LEGO distributed a new batch...probably the latter, because they are popping up at other retailers too...

It's just weird how they are releasing them in the last 24 hours. I would think if they got a new shipment they would put them up all at once and not 10 or so every few hours. It's just so strange.

Who knows, it's been 24 hours since my order and it's still in "order created" status. I wouldn't even be surprised if the people who have had them shipped get a different set lol. I just hope this thing isn't coming back. I want it to retire. NOW, lol

It's just weird how they are releasing them in the last 24 hours. I would think if they got a new shipment they would put them up all at once and not 10 or so every few hours. It's just so strange.

Who knows, it's been 24 hours since my order and it's still in "order created" status. I wouldn't even be surprised if the people who have had them shipped get a different set lol. I just hope this thing isn't coming back. I want it to retire. NOW, lol

last round at target (couple of weeks ago) it took more than 24 hours for HH to ship (about 48 hours for me, less for others)