Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

23 minutes ago, sroster said:

This was me.  I have only sold via FBA and out of the blue was booted for IP violation and possibly selling inauthentic items.  It can happen to anyone anytime even if you think you are 100% good to go and you do everything perfectly.  I never got an exact answer as to how/why this happened (they don't give that info up) but I have to assume that if there are complaints about something you are selling is counterfeit they will pull certain sellers whether that is random or what I have no idea and boot them and leave it up to them to prove themselves.  Guilty before proven innocent.  I'm putting eggs back in the basket but with the knowledge that at any time some clown might stomp through my hen house and smash them all to bits.

Glad you got your selling privileges back. Did you provide retail receipts to prove authenticity for your Lego items? I keep hearing that only invoices will do but I know first hand Amazon will accept Ross receipts to verify Nike shoes authenticity so assume they will also accept retail receipts for Lego if you account has good metrics.

7 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

You won't see it until it is (if ) actually returned . It might take up to 45 days for it to show otherwise Amazon will automatically reimburse you but see an eye out . 

Look under reports then fulfimet then returns it will show there ( once returned ) 

I am in similar situation.  Item was returned and Amzn marked the item unsellable.  I requested the item to be sent back to me...

So if in a few days I am in very foul mood, you can guess what is being returned to me :P

28 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Glad you got your selling privileges back. Did you provide retail receipts to prove authenticity for your Lego items? I keep hearing that only invoices will do but I know first hand Amazon will accept Ross receipts to verify Nike shoes authenticity so assume they will also accept retail receipts for Lego if you account has good metrics.

Ugh, I know what kind of feet people in Ross have.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, asharerin said:

I did provide receipts.  Basically they just kept repeating the first letter to me over and over every time I submitted the receipts so I thought I was going to be S.O.L and they were going to demand invoices.  Like everything else with Amazon I believe it is 100% getting the right person to actually look at it instead of the agents trying to churn and burn as many cases as they can, ie copy and paste the original letter again.  I am firmly convinced it is all blind luck or lack thereof.  Anyone who thinks it won't happen to them it is a matter of time before the wheel of potential ban lands on you and then spin the wheel again with your limited chances to get back on with an understanding agent.  It took weeks.

Can you do things that will lessen your chances of spinning the wheel of misfortune?  Sure, Migration makes a good point I had lots of old items as I never delete listings once I sell through them (well until now).  I had things they were asking for I hadn't sold in over a year.  Think someone else theorized that if you are selling retired sets you will be OK, Joker bumper cars was one of my items, and I hadn't sold one in a year or maybe more.  Receipts they wanted within the last 90 days, mine were from 2014 for those.  So if you get a stickler when they want a receipt for a retired set good luck producing one dated within the last 90 days.  My advice, delete your old listings, stay away from items you think might be having trouble with knockoff/counterfeits (but I suppose that is all Lego) and say your prayers every night.  Cuz the wheel is spinning, the wheel is spinning....

Well, I have a feeling I am about to be dealing with my first scammer. Sold my last 10188 this week and just got a message complaining about the box being worn and torn. This was fba and I shipped it to Amazon still in the outer lego box and then in another box. I am concerned they are going to return it filled with fake items.

Well, I have a feeling I am about to be dealing with my first scammer. Sold my last 10188 this week and just got a message complaining about the box being worn and torn. This was fba and I shipped it to Amazon still in the outer lego box and then in another box. I am concerned they are going to return it filled with fake items.

fba commingled or individually labeled?

They are going to return it stuffed with the bags from 75159 ....

2 hours ago, micbelt said:

in my experience, these folks are mostly looking for a partial refund . just apologize for the inconvenience and refer them to amazon as it was a FBA order . in most cases, you will never hear from again. 

if you are gonna go the extra mile to protect your item ( double boxing)) , you are better off sticking it . just my 2 cents. 

yep, just took a metrics hit because that POS drop shipper AZed my grand emporium as a fake. it took almost a week. because its a slow season for me my impeccable account is now at risk.... i did just relist a bunch of low dollar items to try to get it under control, but its gonna be a while....

Edited by jerryherb

7 hours ago, jerryherb said:

yep, just took a metrics hit because that POS drop shipper AZed my grand emporium as a fake. it took almost a week. because its a slow season for me my impeccable account is now at risk.... i did just relist a bunch of low dollar items to try to get it under control, but its gonna be a while....

that sux.. good luck 

8 hours ago, jerryherb said:

good luck.

i believe now the bigger issue would be whether you will get the authenticity investigation or not.

bots trigger it but then again they are going to ask for invoices for the purchases to prove authenticity.

if you are not asked for it; then you are good. if they ask; then depending on who is reviewing your case it might be a coin-toss.

13 hours ago, newbie77 said:

good luck.

i believe now the bigger issue would be whether you will get the authenticity investigation or not.

bots trigger it but then again they are going to ask for invoices for the purchases to prove authenticity.

if you are not asked for it; then you are good. if they ask; then depending on who is reviewing your case it might be a coin-toss.

i guess we'll find out. perhaps $150k+ of products i sold over the last 3 years (3000+ items) with 100% feedback and ZERO previous complains regarding anything will cause them to look the other way... if this was sep-december this AZ case wouldnt even matter as order defect would fall below 1% in a matter of days....

Edited by jerryherb

10 minutes ago, Forsaker said:

Question for those who sell on Amazon and Ebay. What would you say your sale ratio is between one and the other? Looking to expand offering ;)

If you haven't expanded to Amazon already, you are likely behind the gate and will have to pay (and produce invoices) to play. 

1 minute ago, Forsaker said:

I know, but still, I would like to see the pros and cons of such an engagement.

I can only speak for myself, but Amazon is a good place to move smaller, higher volume items via FBA. I don't sell FBM anymore and only sell larger items or "box damaged" items via eBay. 

For example, I sell mostly $20-50 RPP Super Heroes, City, Friends, Princesses, Star Wars, and Ninjago on Amazon. On Ebay, I aim for "exclusives" and those $20-50 items with less than perfect boxes that may not get past the FBA check-in. Those with more experience and higher volume can explain better, but the velocity on Amazon seems higher to me. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Forsaker said:

Question for those who sell on Amazon and Ebay. What would you say your sale ratio is between one and the other? Looking to expand offering ;)

I'm not sure how many people jump to Amazon and still sell much on ebay.  I sell primarily FBA and use ebay for parting-out, bundling, or selling used sets.  I'm not sure I have a useful ratio to provide since I usually don't have more than 10 items listed on ebay.

• Like 1

Question for those who sell on Amazon and Ebay. What would you say your sale ratio is between one and the other? Looking to expand offering

I use eBay to sell use sets, damaged box stuff, expensive sets that I do not want to FBA or FBM, as well as items that I am gated in. As others have said eBay is very good for selling one offs and other random stuff, Amazon FBA excels at selling 150 of the same identical item. About 90% or more of what I sell on Amazon is FBA, I usually only FBM time sensitive items, last years Oregon Trail game comes to mind. As far as total split I'm roughly 70% Amazon / 30% eBay.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

To create a new product listing for a lower item say a minifigure, how is this done? Do you have to get a G1 upc??

ebay or amazon? if amazon, search their listings and get an ASIN for the item you want to list. use this ASIN to list yours.