Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

30 minutes ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

Yeah I'm finding that out. I'm not gated. That said I see new Minifigs being added all the time so I'm wondering how these people are able to do it. Been on amazon chat a bunch and they said you need upc. They also barely speak English.

it will be tough to add an individual minifigure without a UPC.  i've added new products (non-lego) before but always using a UPC.  there are ways to "buy" or assign a UPC on amazon that are above my knowledge level. google "buying UPC for amazon" and see if that helps.

Edited by cladner

Quick Q? Sold on Ebay for years but newish to FBA so i appologise if this is dumb. I know on ebay customers sometimes dont buy the cheapest option but is it normal that some of your items sell on FBA when they are more expensive than Amazon (in stock) itself? I dont see the logic so it makes me a little nervous being a new platform.

1 minute ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

Yeah I see that looks like g1 is like $250 setup fee. Pass

PM me I can send you a UPC. You can also buy them on ebay in bulk for cheap (a few cents each). Back in the day they sold the UPCs rather than leased them so people who own the rights to those older purchased UPCs are allowed to generate them and sell them. 

There may be an issue depending on amazon's software if they will allow you to put the brand name LEGO with the UPC I give you or you buy on ebay. Each company who leases their UPCs (like TLG does) has a company prefix and sometimes amazon bots check them and if it does not match they will not let you create the listing. It has been really hit and miss for us doing it straight up - there are ways around it but that is too involved for this board. If you want to give it a whirl PM and let us know how it goes.

Just an FYI for my fellow Amazon hustlers the platform will require two step verification on your seller account setup by 6/30/17 otherwise you will lose access to your account. 

Ahem.. (this isn't fake news)

http://www.zdnet.com/article/two-factor-security-is-so-broken-criminals-drained-a-persons-bank-account/

Obviously if Amazon is requiring it, doesn't mean you should rely on it as your only security measure.

8 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Ahem.. (this isn't fake news)

http://www.zdnet.com/article/two-factor-security-is-so-broken-criminals-drained-a-persons-bank-account/

Obviously if Amazon is requiring it, doesn't mean you should rely on it as your only security measure.

Yes this is why one shouldn't rely on text or sms to provide code for multi factor authentication.

if you use token generator (hardware like Rsa ltoken or software Google authenticator ) then at least you are safe upto certain extent.

Edited by newbie77

9 hours ago, newbie77 said:

Yes this is why one shouldn't rely on text or sms to provide code for multi factor authentication.

if you use token generator (hardware like Rsa ltoken or software Google authenticator ) then at least you are safe upto certain extent.

i wonder how it works with google voice, does it use google authenticator algorithm? i just enabled 2-step on my account after reading amazon's forums on account thefts. its funny how amazon JUST enabled it like a month ago, even though its already been deemed vulnerable some YEARS ago.

Edited by jerryherb

1 hour ago, jerryherb said:

i wonder how it works with google voice, does it use google authenticator algorithm? i just enabled 2-step on my account after reading amazon's forums on account thefts. its funny how amazon JUST enabled it like a month ago, even though its already been deemed vulnerable some YEARS ago.

In all fairness to Amazon, the weakness is not in 2FA, it is in the backend system used by telecoms to manage SMS/txt. The principle of 2FA is still sound and safe.

Just now, newbie77 said:

Explain please!

i received an email that SSD has to bubble wrapped going fwd and that they have been receiving lots of complaints regarding box condition. went on to say that if problem persists then the  ASIN will be blocked when it comes to FBA ; basically FBM only

i received an email that SSD has to bubble wrapped going fwd and that they have been receiving lots of complaints regarding box condition. went on to say that if problem persists then the  ASIN will be blocked when it comes to FBA ; basically FBM only

Just like Sandcrawler.

7 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Ok.

i believe Amazon had asked sets to be bubble wrapped long time ago.

All sets sent are bubble wrapped (at least in my case forgot how long ago was that) 

before last August for sure.

Geez... not Lego,but thought you might get a kick... I sold a small key-ring-sized LED flashlight on Amazon in late November 2016 $1.99 + $4.99 shipping. I had bought a few at a Walmart clearance for maybe 50 cents each... I'm pretty sure I lost money on the sale.  Anyway, I get a message today (over 5 months later):

Reason: Received Damaged or Defective Item

Details: Item has stopped working after about a month. Customer would like to know about your return policy since this one isn't working like it should.

... are you kidding me? The key fob flashlight you bought last year quit working, and now you want to return it? :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

Geez... not Lego,but thought you might get a kick... I sold a small key-ring-sized LED flashlight on Amazon in late November 2016 $1.99 + $4.99 shipping. I had bought a few at a Walmart clearance for maybe 50 cents each... I'm pretty sure I lost money on the sale.  Anyway, I get a message today (over 5 months later):

Reason: Received Damaged or Defective Item

Details: Item has stopped working after about a month. Customer would like to know about your return policy since this one isn't working like it should.

... are you kidding me? The key fob flashlight you bought last year quit working, and now you want to return it? :D

We only sell FBA but we get returns 6-12 mos after the sale every now and then authorized by Amazon. Crazy but that is why people shop on Amazon and why they pay $35 for a $5 item. No complaints from us :)

Hi guys,

Recently received an A to Z claim for counterfeit, the customer is an obvious scammer. Purchased Lego Haunted house than claimed that the box and everything inside is a cheap knockoff. Amazon closed the case with refunding the buyer but not charging me. Then i received an email that i have to prove that the item was authentic - i emailed them my receipts from Target. They did not accept the receipts as proof, they were demanding invoices. So as a result they took down my listing.

How do you guys provide proof, if the receipts are not accepted?

Thanks 

Hi guys,
Recently received an A to Z claim for counterfeit, the customer is an obvious scammer. Purchased Lego Haunted house than claimed that the box and everything inside is a cheap knockoff. Amazon closed the case with refunding the buyer but not charging me. Then i received an email that i have to prove that the item was authentic - i emailed them my receipts from Target. They did not accept the receipts as proof, they were demanding invoices. So as a result they took down my listing.
How do you guys provide proof, if the receipts are not accepted?
Thanks 

You will no longer be able to sell that asin. That's the outcome roughly 1/2 with that scam.
  • Like 1