Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

7 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

No on first 

it has happened on second . My advice is not to fbm big sets for a long while 

thanks for your answer, im taking a 6 months break selling lego on amazon

so i just want to clear this up, Receipts from retail stores dont provide proof anymore? 

3 minutes ago, nick625 said:

thanks for your answer, im taking a 6 months break selling lego on amazon

so i just want to clear this up, Receipts from retail stores dont provide proof anymore? 

For the most part the answer is no, they are not . rumor has it that if your metrics are perfect , u have a good and long history of selling on amazon , and u get the right representative u might be able to get away with a receipt . 

14 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

For the most part the answer is no, they are not . rumor has it that if your metrics are perfect , u have a good and long history of selling on amazon , and u get the right representative u might be able to get away with a receipt . 

A receipt worked for me with a SoH (same scam) but it was purchased from amazon. 

Edited by marcandre
  • Like 1

when i got hit with this scam i wasnt asked for proof (yet),  but the "issue" was with less than 50% of the sales of the same set (10211). since then i dont fulfill any drop ship orders. i advise the same. do a little due diligence before you mail something and cancel with "buyer requested cancellation". my terms of sale clearly state that drop ship orders will not be fulfilled. please PM me with the userid of the scammer if possible. all i got are store receipts as well. afaik no one here has sufficient documentation to sell online. these scammers can and will rot in hell.

Edited by jerryherb

On 5/11/2017 at 7:13 AM, jerryherb said:

when i got hit with this scam i wasnt asked for proof (yet),  but the "issue" was with less than 50% of the sales of the same set (10211). since then i dont fulfill any drop ship orders. i advise the same. do a little due diligence before you mail something and cancel with "buyer requested cancellation". my terms of sale clearly state that drop ship orders will not be fulfilled. please PM me with the userid of the scammer if possible. all i got are store receipts as well. afaik no one here has sufficient documentation to sell online. these scammers can and will rot in hell.

DM sent

the only thing that is mind boggling is how amazon can expect a seller to provide fresh invoices for an item that is looong EOL. obviously no one will be able to provide RECENT invoices for that item, no matter who they are. they might as well delete all ASINs that are EOL. Otherwise i see a class-action discrimination lawsuit for blocking one seller while allowing others to sell that item.

Edited by jerryherb

Just throwing this out there to vent....I was just taken for $300 on a ToO (FBM). Buyer claimed never received item, tracking shows item was delivered, Amazon promptly sides with buyer. First of all...shame on me for not using signature confirmation, but more importantly...shame on Amazon for continuing to back these scammers and allow this to continue happening. The longer Amazon allows this, the more prevalent these scams are going to get. :mad:

Just throwing this out there to vent....I was just taken for $300 on a ToO (FBM). Buyer claimed never received item, tracking shows item was delivered, Amazon promptly sides with buyer. First of all...shame on me for not using signature confirmation, but more importantly...shame on Amazon for continuing to back these scammers and allow this to continue happening. The longer Amazon allows this, the more prevalent these scams are going to get. default_angry.gif

Did you insure the package?

19 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Just throwing this out there to vent....I was just taken for $300 on a ToO (FBM). Buyer claimed never received item, tracking shows item was delivered, Amazon promptly sides with buyer. First of all...shame on me for not using signature confirmation, but more importantly...shame on Amazon for continuing to back these scammers and allow this to continue happening. The longer Amazon allows this, the more prevalent these scams are going to get. :mad:

Did u purchase shipping from amazon ? 

10 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Did you insure the package?

Does it matter if it shows delivered ? 

34 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Not insured...and yes I purchased shipping through Amazon. Lesson learned...dammit! I'm thinking now that anything over $150 is going to get signature confirmation from here out.

Then you should be covered . Open a case and billet point the policy regarding INR and purchasing shipping from amazon .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Dumb question...but does Amazon refuse Amazon receipts?

for authenticity claims, amazon has refused their own receipts [ so basically its a coin toss. depends on what happened with the CS the night before :P ]

but they have accepted it for the reimbursement stuffs for lost FBA inventory 

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

for authenticity claims, amazon has refused their own receipts [ so basically its a coin toss. depends on what happened with the CS the night before :P ]

I know I read somewhere on their  seller platform that  they don't accept their receipts as invoices . They are very clear about that . If they do then it is a ymmv . 

1 minute ago, newbie77 said:

So basically selling LEGO on Amazon by anyone but LEGO will one day become impossible.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, odysea11 said:

Not insured...and yes I purchased shipping through Amazon. Lesson learned...dammit! I'm thinking now that anything over $150 is going to get signature confirmation from here out.

Here's a quote from an Amazon email, so I don't see how Amazon could make you eat the cost in this situation. Let us know how it turns out.

"When you ship a seller-fulfilled (non-FBA) order using postage you purchased from Buy Shipping Services in Seller Central, we'll take care of the claim if the buyer reports the order wasn't received. You won't receive a notification on your Manage Returns page and your Order Defect Rate won't be affected."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Here's a quote from an Amazon email, so I don't see how Amazon could make you eat the cost in this situation. Let us know how it turns out.

"When you ship a seller-fulfilled (non-FBA) order using postage you purchased from Buy Shipping Services in Seller Central, we'll take care of the claim if the buyer reports the order wasn't received. You won't receive a notification on your Manage Returns page and your Order Defect Rate won't be affected."

Although saying "we'll take care of the claim" could also mean that they will just take your money and give it to the buyer for you (without all the hassle).

Edited by KShine

That was the exact excerpt that I took from the shipping policies and copy/pasted in my appeal.
Part of the problem is that the buyer's statement said that they did not receive the item. Yet, they filed the claim under "item not as described". So I'm trying to get Amazon to recognize that.

15 minutes ago, Jackson said:

That goes out the window when the customer doesn't select item  not received as reason for claim .