Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

2 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Yes your offering . I'm just basing it on what other sellers here experienced with a similar situation . Once they got an inauthentic claim their offering for that item was **** down unless you can provide invoices in 50% of the cases .. 

Freudian slip, BA?:pardon:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jerryherb said:

i got receipts for every single set, as i pay my taxes :) you mean for 50% of my listings? 

Lol.. no,  50% of inauthentic claims led to a seller's listing closure for that particular item. In one case three claims led to an account suspension.. for lego, invoices and receipts are totally different documents  . 

the good news is that a while back i inquired about cancellation of questionable orders from amazon cs and was told its my decision whether or not to cancel an order. i was also told to contact them immediately if i suspect a fraud purchase. only about .5% or less of my orders are from third party drop scammers, so if i were to cancel every single one im still good on my metrics.  

I did just check the signature for this package and it was indeed delivered and signed for by the person on the shipping label.  

Edited by jerryherb

Afternoon from central USA.

My most recent issue with FBM fraud was with a 42030 Volvo Front Loader.  Buyers name was also diff than name on address.

I looked it up before shipment and and confirmed name on address was correct.  I suspected fraud from the get go.  I even warned Amazon services about it.  They responded by telling me to ship to the address provided.  So I did.  I used Delivery conf, sig conf, and ins.  Package was delivered on second attempt.  2 days later I got the item is fake a-z claim.

I was asked to provide proof of authenticity.  Well as it turns out all of my stock was bought from Amazon.co.uk.  So it is from Amazon....they wouldn't accept their own invoice as proof.  Seriously WTH!  I countered with the statement that if you don't back what you sell to me as authentic then I want all of my money back because you essentially cannot prove your Lego is authentic....crickets.as far as responses go.

I won the case (sort of).  The buyer was refunded (why?) but not from me...my account took the hit and is at risk currently.  I don't get their policy on this.  I know for a fact that the set if the same as the others I bought are real.  One of the  many I bought cam ein mangled from UK.  So I finished opening it to inspect.  Yep Real Lego...all there.  No surprise.

I am still frustrated and amazed at how this process unfolded.  Not surprised because of this thread.

• Like 1

appears identical scam. i changed my policy stating i will no longer fulfill any 3rd party orders. its not going to matter much on my metrics, and is far better than AZ claim hit and authenticity battle. Also thinking of sending a thank you card to the actual recipient for purchasing an authentic lego set from me and advising them that their address is now flagged on amazon's fraud list :) 

Edited by jerryherb
  • Like 1

on all these scam purchases with scam a-z claims whose phone number was provided at the time of purchase

1)a fake number

2)the scammers-doubtful

3)the end receiver-who it appears is not really your customer.

as a reminder per amazon policy you are not supposed to call the customer but im wondering if on the high dollar sets you can call the customer and feel out if its a real sale or a dropship scam just a a thought

• Like 1

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but I am a long-time collector and generally donate my endless sets to local charities and schools.  I have a lot here and will sell some stuff on ebay, and have only sold a few things under my personal account on Amazon; no issues with the latter, but the last was early 2016.  In going to try listing things on Amazon, I see an application whereby I must show a receipt from a wholesaler indicating a per-product purchase of 10+ units for each, and a $2500 fee if approved.  Is this really the case for people, now????  Thanks!

4 hours ago, supergman said:

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but I am a long-time collector and generally donate my endless sets to local charities and schools.  I have a lot here and will sell some stuff on ebay, and have only sold a few things under my personal account on Amazon; no issues with the latter, but the last was early 2016.  In going to try listing things on Amazon, I see an application whereby I must show a receipt from a wholesaler indicating a per-product purchase of 10+ units for each, and a $2500 fee if approved.  Is this really the case for people, now????  Thanks!

Sadly, this is the case.  Lego is now 'gated' at amazon.  The gate fell last fall / late summer.

Awesome! Trying to ship a small item today FBM on Amazon. Input weight and package size and get message : 

Selected shipping service 

No carriers are currently available for your shipment. Please wait 15 minutes and try again.

Amazon, I LOVE it when you make "improvements" to the shipping platform. YAY! :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, supergman said:

2 hours ago, SpaceFan9 said:

Sadly, this is the case.  Lego is now 'gated' at amazon.  The gate fell last fall / late summer.

I don't think @supergman is necessarily "outside the gate" here. I think this has more to do with Amazon closing the "Collectible" and "Used" categories - from what I can read that is what he is trying to sell. Since he sold LEGO in 2016, he should be grandfathered in and able to list under New. (I got grandfathered in as well based on a few sales made in early 2016).

8 hours ago, supergman said:

You are currently gated, but do you still have your inventory listings from when you were selling before?  I was initially gated, but I could relist items from my inventory screen.  I changed an item to FBM from FBA, listed it low, sold it, shipped it, waited a week, and then tried to list new Lego again and I was ungated.  It might work for you.

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

I don't think @supergman is necessarily "outside the gate" here. I think this has more to do with Amazon closing the "Collectible" and "Used" categories - from what I can read that is what he is trying to sell. Since he sold LEGO in 2016, he should be grandfathered in and able to list under New. (I got grandfathered in as well based on a few sales made in early 2016).

This Collectible and Used classification has always confused me.  On gated Lego products, I am always told I am not able to sell under that condition " Collectible and Used" even though I am not trying to list under those conditions. I am listing new, but I can not choose that condition on a gated Lego set.  I am never given a reason why I can't sell new.  This was the same when I was gated out of Disney, and now on some Star Wars.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jerryherb said:

appears identical scam. i changed my policy stating i will no longer fulfill any 3rd party orders. its not going to matter much on my metrics, and is far better than AZ claim hit and authenticity battle. Also thinking of sending a thank you card to the actual recipient for purchasing an authentic lego set from me and advising them that their address is now flagged on amazon's fraud list :) 

cross my fingers, but i have not ran into any issues re-listing and listing new lego items on amazon. to follow up on my previous discussion on the scam, the phone number is definitely a fake.

21 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Anyone else having an issue buying shipping from Amazon?  It's telling me there are no carriers available, check back in 15 minutes.

3 hours ago, Kenxxx said:

Awesome! Trying to ship a small item today FBM on Amazon. Input weight and package size and get message : 

Selected shipping service 

No carriers are currently available for your shipment. Please wait 15 minutes and try again.

Amazon, I LOVE it when you make "improvements" to the shipping platform. YAY! :D

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Anyone else having an issue buying shipping from Amazon?  It's telling me there are no carriers available, check back in 15 minutes.

These people are clowns.  I've been with small companies that rigorously test code before implementing.  Amazon keeps on changing and breaking shipping when nothing had to be fixed or improved.  They don't seem to do basic testing on it before pushing live and have no idea what promoted code is causing the problem.  Imagine them breaking shipping on the regular Amazon.com front end.  That would be fixed in no time, but with Seller Central, they could care less how timely they fix their own mistakes.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

this is a disturbing thread : https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=342324&start=0&tstart=0&sortBy=date

again , u never know the true back story, but a good reminder not to put all of your eggs in one basket. 

Well, the seller who posted is still selling, so he must have been reinstated to some degree.