Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

2 minutes ago, river41 said:

can you now go back to amazon that your competitors tried to scam you to cause you problems and now cause that they have the problems

why would i do that? it's against amazon's policy.

i would rather find who they are and get them officially kicked out of amazon without risking myself.

36 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

why would i do that? it's against amazon's policy.

i would rather find who they are and get them officially kicked out of amazon without risking myself.

sorry i wasn't clear with my question and it was misinterpreted 

I never meant that you should scam somebody(even if they scammed you)

what i meant to ask was if you are able to go to amazon and explain what happened (with the appropriate proof) and have the sellers that tried to scam you removed from the seller platform

1 hour ago, RogerWilco said:

Still can't believe the damn thing went to spam...

I took another look and the e-mail from was caught in spam with this reason (using gmail):

Why is this message in Spam? It has a from address in amazon.com but has failed amazon.com's required tests for authentication. Learn more

Thanks Amazon..... The e-mail address was [email protected], btw.

I have now white-listed all amazon e-mails by creating a filter like so:

Matches: from:(amazon.com)
Do this: Never send it to Spam

Edited by RogerWilco
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, river41 said:

sorry i wasn't clear with my question and it was misinterpreted 

I never meant that you should scam somebody(even if they scammed you)

what i meant to ask was if you are able to go to amazon and explain what happened (with the appropriate proof) and have the sellers that tried to scam you removed from the seller platform

how do you prove the purchaser is your competitor? 

Don't give up. The last time this happened to me I had to open up a case with seller support on a different order to get them to call me back, but once I got them on the phone I was able to get my money back.

Keep calling and working with seller support. The A-to-Z claim team (which I am convinced is just an automated system set up to grant buyer claims no matter what) is useless but seller support will eventually cave. You have all the evidence you need to defend yourself successfully. Keep fighting!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, stoltzjl77 said:

Don't give up. The last time this happened to me I had to open up a case with seller support on a different order to get them to call me back, but once I got them on the phone I was able to get my money back.

Keep calling and working with seller support. The A-to-Z claim team (which I am convinced is just an automated system set up to grant buyer claims no matter what) is useless but seller support will eventually cave. You have all the evidence you need to defend yourself successfully. Keep fighting!

Thanks for the encouragement. I am continuing to push (in a nice way) to see where I can get. I am also starting to think that the A-Z claim team is staffed with robots. Seller supports seems a bit more approachable. As you said, if I can just get them on the phone I think I can make the case clear.

The actual recipient has been extremely supportive and said he is willing do do anything needed to help. I am trying to keep him out of it as much as possible, though. None of this is his fault and he shouldn't be subjected to this circus.

I'll be sure to post the conclusion to all of this so I don't leave everyone in suspense :)

27 minutes ago, RogerWilco said:

Thanks for the encouragement. I am continuing to push (in a nice way) to see where I can get. I am also starting to think that the A-Z claim team is staffed with robots. Seller supports seems a bit more approachable. As you said, if I can just get them on the phone I think I can make the case clear.

The actual recipient has been extremely supportive and said he is willing do do anything needed to help. I am trying to keep him out of it as much as possible, though. None of this is his fault and he shouldn't be subjected to this circus.

I'll be sure to post the conclusion to all of this so I don't leave everyone in suspense :)

If th actual recipient is cooperative, have them leave negative feedback on the platform the scammer used to sell your set. Then have them call customer service and explain the case, maybe in a conf call w yourself present. Try to see if they they get banned for dropshipping and/or making false claims.

And if they are really cooperative, and don't mind bending ethics, have them claim a fake against the seller so they get their money back(which they can then pass on to you). With a little luck those funds come from the scammer's account, not from the platform it was sold on.

Or they have been grandfathered in and have never received feedback for any of their sales. Can easily happen if you only occasionally sell on Amazon. (I have never received feedback for any of my LEGO sales on AMZ, though I have feedback from sales in other categories).

21 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

Joy! I can't wait to be able to order my asparagus water & kale, pear & banana ice cream from Amazon.

I've been ordering mine from vitacost.com recently - they allowed for some nice coupon/sale price stacking. I believe Kroger is partnering with them - their store brand Simple Truth organics are available on vitacost.

Now we're going back in time to the days of the milk man and grocery delivery.  My Mom fulfilled orders like this 50 years ago.

11 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I've been ordering mine from vitacost.com recently - they allowed for some nice coupon/sale price stacking. I believe Kroger is partnering with them - their store brand Simple Truth organics are available on vitacost.

We used the Kroger curb side service the other day.  It was nice to not step foot in there.

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

We used the Kroger curb side service the other day.  It was nice to not step foot in there.

I've been using Clicklist for the last half year. It's ok - about 50% of the time they screw something up though, and often I have to complain. For example: substituting items when my order has a "no substitutions" checkmark (and them saying "Our manager told us to substitute as a favor to our customers" - *facepalm* I have to actually set that checkmark (it's not a default), so if I do, I am sure I want no substitutions); giving me the wrong product; or my personal favorite: no receipt and the guy coming out telling me "just pay $x". I did not pay, went inside and got a proper receipt to pay.

On the flipside: whenever I complained, they were quick in giving me extra kroger points for my hassle, and I have frequently gotten items for free as compensation.

• Like 1

Other Amazon news:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/15/15812986/amazon-patent-online-price-checking

Amazon’s long been a go-to for people to online price compare while shopping at brick-and-mortars. Now, a new patent granted to the company could prevent people from doing just that inside Amazon’s own stores.

The patent, titled “Physical Store Online Shopping Control,” details a mechanism where a retailer can intercept network requests like URLs and search terms that happen on its in-store Wi-Fi, then act upon them in various ways.

The document details in great length how a retailer like Amazon would use this information to its benefit. If, for example, the retailer sees you’re trying to access a competitor’s website to price check an item, it could compare the requested content to what’s offered in-store and then send price comparison information or a coupon to your browser instead. Or it could suggest a complementary item, or even block content outright.