Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 hour ago, landphieran said:

Amazon has started sending me emails whenever they have any price adjustments for FBA. I have seen multiple "refunded for late delivery" and "price adjustment -5$" to name a few. Are these coming out of my profit? 

For now yes . U will be reimbursed within 45 days 

On 5/13/2017 at 5:33 AM, odysea11 said:

Just throwing this out there to vent....I was just taken for $300 on a ToO (FBM). Buyer claimed never received item, tracking shows item was delivered, Amazon promptly sides with buyer. First of all...shame on me for not using signature confirmation, but more importantly...shame on Amazon for continuing to back these scammers and allow this to continue happening. The longer Amazon allows this, the more prevalent these scams are going to get. :mad:

There are highly detailed step by step instructions on how to scam FBM sellers posted on various forums. I would not advise using FBM for any type of collectible or high risk item.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2017 at 8:19 AM, odysea11 said:

Appeal sent...not holding my breath but we'll see. Thanks for the advice BA...

It played out as I expected....."We understand you may not agree with our decision, but the A-to-z Guarantee claim will remain unchanged."

They are such hypocrites too.....The claim is filed under "INAD", (that of course is the loophole) so that is why they sided with buyer. Yet buyer states that item was never received. Amazon's reason for ruling against me is as follows..."You are responsible for the claim because the tracking information does not prove that the merchandise was delivered to the buyer’s shipping address."

Wait a minute.........??????? ?

It played out as I expected....."We understand you may not agree with our decision, but the A-to-z Guarantee claim will remain unchanged."
They are such hypocrites too.....The claim is filed under "INAD", (that of course is the loophole) so that is why they sided with buyer. Yet buyer states that item was never received. Amazon's reason for ruling against me is as follows..."You are responsible for the claim because the tracking information does not prove that the merchandise was delivered to the buyer’s shipping address."
Wait a minute.........??????? 

So dumb, I hate this crap.

as a long time fbm seller and recent fba convert, fbm is really useless other for cheap stuff and when you factor in your time, amazon's shipping discounts, and the fba prime premium, you are literally losing money shipping stuff yourself unless you have some special "free" shipping deal.  throw in a scam and a couple a-z claims you are losing money and your your ability to sell at the premium high volume market place is in jeopardy.  this is a lose-lose-lose proposition.   this is what forced me to switching to fba.  i switched to fba a little over a month ago and sales are through the roof, i'm getting more money per sale, i don't have do deal with shipping other than a few large packages every 2-3 weeks.  crap that wouldn't move - superman black zero escape - sold quickly at prices i would never get after 6 months of being lowest fbm price.  

also now with amazon giving non-prime members PRIME shipping for high value purchases, FBM sellers are going to be increasingly targeted by scammers and passed over by premium PRIME members and real buyers who would always chose having the item in 2-3 days over the ridiculous overly conservative 2-3 week time frame amazon provides the buyers for most FBM purchases.

i'm getting ready to start selling some larger sets fba.  i was lucky i didn't get scammed but it's just a matter of time.   going forward i will focus on trying to unload the larger sets local  for cash accepting less money but also having no fees, shipping, scams or returns to complicate things. 

i

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Wait a minute.........??????? 1f615.png

it sucks, but even with Ebay you wouldve lost the case, have to get signatures on $250 or more. If you buy your labels directly from amazon then you are covered with only tracking number. The only thing you can do now is let the buyer know that you will escalate this matter with a USPS inspector - you can read these type of threats on amazon forum (for some ppl it works). 

Good Luck

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nick625 said:

it sucks, but even with Ebay you wouldve lost the case, have to get signatures on $250 or more. If you buy your labels directly from amazon then you are covered with only tracking number. The only thing you can do now is let the buyer know that you will escalate this matter with a USPS inspector - you can read these type of threats on amazon forum (for some ppl it works). 

Good Luck

I am pretty sure he purchased shipping through the amazon portal

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, micbelt said:

Product(s) Shipped with Tracking via Buy Shipping Services (sellers within the US and Mexico)

If an order was shipped with tracking via Buy Shipping Services, and the buyer files a claim stating the order was not received, Amazon will cover the A-to-z claim and the claim won't be included into your Order Defect Rate. To be eligible for this benefit, the order must be shipped using a label purchased via Buy Shipping Services.

In my experience here is what needs to happen for amazon to pay the claim and not have it affect your matrix.

1. You need to purchase shipping labels through amazon shipping.
2. Customer must wait until after shipping window has expired, another words if last date for them to receive is March 20, claim must be file after that date.
3. They must choose the reason for claim as item not received.

I have had a few of these claims and if all criteria above has been met, then the amazon policy works.

1 hour ago, micbelt said:

That is correct.....

1 hour ago, cladner said:

this is a lose-lose-lose proposition 

You're absolutely right cladner....I use FBA over the holidays, but have been using more FBM during the "off season"...time to make some adjustments to the current business model......

4 hours ago, odysea11 said:

Have you tried calling Seller Support? If you can get someone on the phone whose first language is English, I think he'd be hard pressed to try to tell you that your claim isn't valid.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, odysea11 said:

My advice - keep poking seller support. I opened 3 cases over my last fraudulent A-to-Z claim before I finally got Amazon to give me back my money. It took 10 days, and was annoying as all get out, but be persistent. 

• Like 1

Sometimes it can be best not to go too far into the indisputably right battle.

I have gone there many times over the years.

Being told that you are absolutely 100% right - but finding there are many well placed traps and loopholes (that will keep you from ever getting your $), will slowly kill your soul.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

so amazon placed my account under review due to a trade mark infringement complaint over an item that i have neither sold nor stocked over 18 months ago. lovely. 

WTH! It looks like Amazon is trying to get rid of small sellers.

Just now, river41 said:

had you deleted the listing?

and does under review mean that you currently cannot sell?

i  did today and reached out to the manufacturer. hopefully they are willing to remove the complaint 

yes i can sell, but the email says my account is under review.