Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 hour ago, biking_tiger said:

Has anyone noticed higher than expected weight handling fees? FBA just shipped a Brainiac Attack for me yesterday and charged $5.57 for weight handling. It should be around a buck.  It was a "business" customer. Does that make a difference?

Order Handling, Pick & Pack, and Weight Handling fees (per-unit total)

Small standard-size (1 lb. or less) Large standard-size (1 lb. or less) Large standard-size (1 to 2 lbs.) Large standard-size (over 2 lbs.)
January–October $2.56 $3.02 $4.01 $4.01+ $0.39/lb. above the first 2 lbs. 

sounds about right. 3lb weight

$4,01 + 0,39*3 = $5.18

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, newbie77 said:
Order Handling, Pick & Pack, and Weight Handling fees (per-unit total)

Small standard-size (1 lb. or less) Large standard-size (1 lb. or less) Large standard-size (1 to 2 lbs.) Large standard-size (over 2 lbs.)
January–October $2.56 $3.02 $4.01 $4.01+ $0.39/lb. above the first 2 lbs. 

sounds about right. 3lb weight

$4,01 + 0,39*3 = $5.18

This lists the per unit total--the $5.57 was for weight only. (And the math would be $4.01 + .39*1=$4.40 for a 3 lb. item--the extra .39 is only for each lb above two). Pick and pack and order handling are listed separately on my payment detail page. Total fees for a Brainiac Attack set were $17.70 ($46.99 selling cost). Something's fishy... 

bafees.JPG

2 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

This lists the per unit total--the $5.57 was for weight only. (And the math would be $4.01 + .39*1=$4.40 for a 3 lb. item--the extra .39 is only for each lb above two). Pick and pack and order handling are listed separately on my payment detail page. Total fees for a Brainiac Attack set were $17.70 ($46.99 selling cost). Something's fishy... 

FBM seller edited the weight to scam a higher shipping credit. Happens all the time. Open a case and they will do a cubiscan and correct it and reimburse you.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Thank you. So I check the box that I'm "disputing fees charged for package handling"?

getting $12,42 shipping credit didn't help? i mean your effective cost was [12,42-4,09-5,57-0,99= + 1,77 ] long story short you got paid :) on top of the item fee all in all you didn't pay anything.. and you are still complaining ... 

1 minute ago, newbie77 said:

getting $12,42 shipping credit didn't help? i mean your effective cost was [12,42-4,09-5,57-0,99= + 1,77 ] long story short you got paid :) on top of the item fee all in all you didn't pay anything.. and you are still complaining ... 

That was the shipping credit for the dude who purchased the item. I didn't see that. This was an FBA item. 

4 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

That was the shipping credit for the dude who purchased the item. I didn't see that. This was an FBA item. 

ok. makes sense now. i was wrong in my math :D and lot of other things

it appears to me that the person who purchased chose 1 day shipping .. paid extra and AMZ in its de-lightment decided to pass the cost to you.

you should fight it... 

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

Not sure where to post this but I had a parcel shipped out in December and from the tracking it looks like it was forwarded to another business? Anyway the item was finally delivered yesterday and I have signature confirmation. However, I received an email from the buyer today saying she has not received the item. What happens in this case? Would amazon side with the seller or buyer?? This was a pretty expensive set so I'm a bit nervous.

24 minutes ago, seapotato said:

Not sure where to post this but I had a parcel shipped out in December and from the tracking it looks like it was forwarded to another business? Anyway the item was finally delivered yesterday and I have signature confirmation. However, I received an email from the buyer today saying she has not received the item. What happens in this case? Would amazon side with the seller or buyer?? This was a pretty expensive set so I'm a bit nervous.

Seems like if the package was sent to a location that you did not address the item to; you shouldn't be liable, but then again i don't know who would be.. the shipping company maybe? Hope it works out, i don't sell on Amazon so i can't be of much help :(

the seller is pretty mad, she doesn't seem to realize once I drop it off at Canada Post, it is out of my hands. Ugh. I hope Amazon refunds the buyer and not me.

Seems like if the package was sent to a location that you did not address the item to; you shouldn't be liable, but then again i don't know who would be.. the shipping company maybe? Hope it works out, i don't sell on Amazon so i can't be of much help

I contacted Canada Post and opened up a case, where they will investigate, but I actually don't have much hope (sounds like a case of a stolen package?) Also I looked up the address and it's a business so I'm a little wary of the buyer as well. It was received in the middle of the day yesterday at 2:30pm and signed for. Also I asked Canada Post what the forward to other address thing meant and it only means they took it off the truck to bring back to the facility to hold for shipping since the business was closed at the time. So it was delivered to the correct address.

I also contacted Amazon to see what to do but after being on hold for 35 minutes all they told me was to contact the courier....when I asked if amazon would refund the buyer or if it comes out of my account, the customer service rep didn't seem very sure and said they would not refund and kept repeating to contact the courier. 

Anyone have any experience with a lost/stolen package when selling on amazon?

Edited by seapotato

4 hours ago, biking_tiger said:

The "Item model number" is listed as 70751 (Temple of Airjitzu), so the listing will sometimes have data for 70751 and sometimes for 76040. This problem has been happening for soooooo freaking long. Seller support won't fix it; I've tried. I removed all my 76040 sets from that listing a long time ago.

No I wasn't even aware you could do that...I shipped via Canada Post. I sent the buyer a message updating them on what Canada Post and Amazon said. Fingers crossed.

Seapotato,
Did you buy shipping label from Amazon, if yes, then you are fully covered as per their new ruling.
I think the customer has to file the A thru Z claim.

6 minutes ago, seapotato said:

No I wasn't even aware you could do that...I shipped via Canada Post. I sent the buyer a message updating them on what Canada Post and Amazon said. Fingers crossed.

The buyer contacted you the day After it was delivered?  That she didn't get the package?
How did she know it was delivered?
You need to call the local post and see who signed for it and speak with the route manager.  
The post delivery man knows most of his route and people, he may recall since its only been 2 days.

She asked for the tracking number today (it is entered in Amazon, can the buyer not see it?) And so she looked it up and saw it was delivered and signed for by someone else. I contacted customer service and opened a case so Canada Post will investigate but I guess I should be trying the local office?

The buyer contacted you the day After it was delivered?  That she didn't get the package?
How did she know it was delivered?
You need to call the local post and see who signed for it and speak with the route manager.  
The post delivery man knows most of his route and people, he may recall since its only been 2 days.

3 minutes ago, seapotato said:

She asked for the tracking number today (it is entered in Amazon, can the buyer not see it?) And so she looked it up and saw it was delivered and signed for by someone else. I contacted customer service and opened a case so Canada Post will investigate but I guess I should be trying the local office?

You know since its a business, one of her colleagues could have signed for it and its possible that its in the building. 
Need to get the name of the person that signed for it and go from there.
Yeah, call the local post, they may even get it back for you.  

We all have purchase from Amazon, Target, Walmart, ect... you get tracking  # the moment its shipped.  The part that she asked you for the tracking number is fishy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is a common question... history:

A. Sold a 60052 Cargo Train via FBM for $194 on 01/01/17. Buyer name is different than ship-to name... but maybe it's a gift?

B. 01/02/17 buyer sends message: "Please provide tracking info". I buy shipping label through Amazon, ship to the address on the order same day via UPS ground, and provide tracking info.

C. Per tracking, package was delivered 01/09/17.

D. 01/12/17 I get an A-to-z claim, "Item not as described", with message "I never received my item".

E. I respond to claim with ship dates, ship to address, tracking number, and note the date the package was delivered.

F. 01/14/17 I get response from Amazon: " We have determined that you are responsible for the claim on order XXX-XXXXX-XXXX.  The information you provided does not prove that the merchandise was delivered to the buyer’s shipping address. As a result, the claim amount has been debited from your account.  To avoid future claims for non-receipt, you may wish to use tracked shipping that requires a signature confirmation. For additional tips, ..."

WHAT?! Why?  Is this typical?  What is correct (winning) procedure for appeal?

Edited by Kenxxx

1 hour ago, Kenxxx said:

WHAT?! Why?  Is this typical?  What is correct (winning) procedure for appeal?

You gotta use sig confirmation on expensive sets. I use it on anything over $100. I had someone pull the same thing with me. Amazon sided with me because the item was signed for. 

Your can try to make a claim with the shipper. amz is unlikely to help. I would also try the amz seller forums for advice.  

1 minute ago, marcandre said:

You gotta use sig confirmation on expensive sets....

Yeah... sadly, I stopped using signature confirmation based on advice I got here a while back.  I recall someone posting that (under $500 or so?) signature confirmation on Amazon was redundant, just use their shipping platform, with tracking, and you're covered. But maybe I read that wrong?  Been searching the Amazon seller forum and finding a few similar stories. Nothing that matches my circumstances exactly... but it appears at least a few other sellers have gotten boned in the same way.   Amazon has taken the position that without signature confirmation, the package was NOT delivered.

Just now found a policy page on Amazon related to this here:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html/ref=ag_201526770_cont_201278520?ie=UTF8&itemID=201526770

At one point it says:  Product(s) shipped with delivery confirmation tracking—tracking shows delivery and buyer claims item not received

You may still be held liable If no receipt is confirmed and no signature confirmation is available. Amazon doesn't cover service errors, including loss, theft, or postal/shipping issues. We will, however, continue to protect sellers from fraudulent buyers and A-to-z Guarantee abusers.

But later it says: Product(s) Shipped with Tracking via Buy Shipping Services (sellers within the US and Mexico)

If an order was shipped with tracking via Buy Shipping Services, and the buyer files a claim stating the order was not received, Amazon will cover the A-to-z claim and the claim won't be included into your Order Defect Rate. To be eligible for this benefit, the order must be shipped using a label purchased via Buy Shipping Services.

.... so basically, I'm getting that, though you can avoid the defect on your record, you will take the hit for the $ loss if you do not get signature.

8 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

Just now found a policy page on Amazon related to this here:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html/ref=ag_201526770_cont_201278520?ie=UTF8&itemID=201526770

At one point it says:  Product(s) shipped with delivery confirmation tracking—tracking shows delivery and buyer claims item not received

You may still be held liable If no receipt is confirmed and no signature confirmation is available. Amazon doesn't cover service errors, including loss, theft, or postal/shipping issues. We will, however, continue to protect sellers from fraudulent buyers and A-to-z Guarantee abusers.

But later it says: Product(s) Shipped with Tracking via Buy Shipping Services (sellers within the US and Mexico)

If an order was shipped with tracking via Buy Shipping Services, and the buyer files a claim stating the order was not received, Amazon will cover the A-to-z claim and the claim won't be included into your Order Defect Rate. To be eligible for this benefit, the order must be shipped using a label purchased via Buy Shipping Services.

.... so basically, I'm getting that, though you can avoid the defect on your record, you will take the hit for the $ loss if you do not get signature.

Not sure about the "Amazon will cover the A-to-z claim" in the last bit - wouldn't that imply that Amazon pays the buyer, not you?