Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Figured it out, it was inactive listings from before the holiday season and we could not sell fbm during the holidays because we did not hit the order minimum for the required time prior. Chatted with seller help and it seems like it was a glitch with their system. Edited listings to update price and it was fine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kenxxx said:

I know it's not a good reply... but I answered with bullet points and tracking numbers to the first claim and they ruled against me pretty easily.  I just figured, "Could it turn out any worse if I tried something a little 'out of the box' this time?" Maybe if I say "I have proof" and not reveal it (ala... Trump) maybe I'll be able to have a real conversation with someone. :)

did you try pasting a copy of their policy and stating that since the shipping label was purchased from amazon that the a-z should be covered by amazon. 

1 hour ago, river41 said:

did you try pasting a copy of their policy and stating that since the shipping label was purchased from amazon that the a-z should be covered by amazon. 

policy states and only covers "tracking stating delivered. & A-Z with Item NOT Received" . it won't cover any other categories and/or sub-categories.

On 1/14/2017 at 9:11 AM, Kenxxx said:

I shipped maybe 100 items over the holidays. I just received my second A-to-z claim today for another $190 item. Virtually identical circumstances to the first. Buyer's name different from ship to name, buyer first inquired about delivery, I gave tracking info, buyer initiated A-to-z claim for "Item not as described". Either I have some very bad luck, or this type of scam is getting more common.

I just received a claim the same way as yours, "item not as described" by a buyer (I will PM you to see whether they have any connection or similarity) but stated "Hello Sorry,but the package never arrived,could you check it one more time or refund me." The item was ordered on 1/7/2017 (Saturday), and the item was shipped on 1/9/2017 (Monday) by UPS ground with tracking, delivered on 1/17/2017 (Tuesday). The buyer filed a claim under "item not as described" but with statement as above on 1/19/2017. My experience is "if the buyer does not receive the item during the expected period of time, they normally would first contact me to ask instead of filing a claim". But that is just my experience.

I read this title before and just wondered when it will happen to me. :( 

12 minutes ago, tyclin said:

I just received a claim the same way as yours, "item not as described" by a buyer (I will PM you to see whether they have any connection or similarity) but stated "Hello Sorry,but the package never arrived,could you check it one more time or refund me." The item was ordered on 1/7/2017 (Saturday), and the item was shipped on 1/9/2017 (Monday) by UPS ground with tracking, delivered on 1/17/2017 (Tuesday). The buyer filed a claim under "item not as described" but with statement as above on 1/19/2017. My experience is "if the buyer does not receive the item during the expected period of time, they normally would first contact me to ask instead of filing a claim". But that is just my experience.

I read this title before and just wondered when it will happen to me. :( 

Also got an A-Z claim today for a Tumbler sold on 1/7. Item was delivered on 1/16 and today I get the claim stating that " Hello, got the shipment of the item I ordered. This is not the item I bought. This is a fake. Even box is a fake. Please make a full refund. "

Well, it wasn't fake of course. Guy didn't contact me first just went straight to the claim. Name on account is different from name of the person it was delivered to.

I've contacted the guy directly asking what gives & have not heard back yet. I'm bummed as it seems like there's no defense against this kind of scam.

10 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

Also got an A-Z claim today for a Tumbler sold on 1/7. Item was delivered on 1/16 and today I get the claim stating that " Hello, got the shipment of the item I ordered. This is not the item I bought. This is a fake. Even box is a fake. Please make a full refund. "

Well, it wasn't fake of course. Guy didn't contact me first just went straight to the claim. Name on account is different from name of the person it was delivered to.

I've contacted the guy directly asking what gives & have not heard back yet. I'm bummed as it seems like there's no defense against this kind of scam.

Send prepaid return label . Deal with refund issue  upon receipt 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

mine is also tumbler. 

2 minutes ago, Migration said:

That's like 15 of the same scam that I'm aware. Most are in different states as well. Is there some scam blog out there telling how to win a-z claims?

do you really know 15 same scam? could you provide the information? in order to win the scam, if those scam happens all in Amazon, it might not hurt to notify Amazon simultaneously to alert Amazon?

Just now, tyclin said:

mine is also tumbler. 

do you really know 15 same scam? could you provide the information? in order to win the scam, if those scam happens all in Amazon, it might not hurt to notify Amazon simultaneously to alert Amazon?

the scammers also frequent this site.

i know i have mentioned that to B-A in private long time ago :)

4 minutes ago, Migration said:

That's like 15 of the same scam that I'm aware. Most are in different states as well. Is there some scam blog out there telling how to win a-z claims?

Plenty 

2 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

I don't see that option in Amazon - since they went straight to the A-Z claim the only option I am seeing is refund or appeal. 

Never refund on AZ that's an admission of guilt , damage is already done . U should be able to get a buy a prepaid label , email to customer thru Amazon and include that in reply to case

1 minute ago, newbie77 said:

the scammers also frequent this site.

i know i have mentioned that to B-A in private long time ago :)

Well I've never been so insulted in my life :) 

Just now, Bold-Arrow said:

Plenty 

Never refund on AZ that's an admission of guilt , damage is already done . U should be able to get a buy a prepaid label , email to customer thru Amazon and include that in reply to case

I'd never refund in this situation unless forced to :) Thanks - if I don't hear back from the customer I will give this a go

8 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Plenty 

Well I've never been so insulted in my life :) 

worst amongst these is a case when you get A-Z after refund. 

[ amazon's verdict. seller funded. yeah right we already refunded the crap. now why is that seller funded... . i haven't yet figured out how to fight this. ]

3 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

should send return label without return request right?

As far as I am concerned, a reasonable buyer would not go straight to file a claim without first contacting the seller to resolve the issue. That is already a red flag. So by looking at the lego box without even opening it, they could identify it is a fake. Obviously they do know how to abuse Amazon claim and benefit from it.

I would respond to the claim and request the buyer to return the item if they think it is a "fake" item. And the item should be unopened and not damaged to get full refund. I am afraid Amazon customer service will most likely be sided with buyers even they are scammers though.

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

That's my recommendation , yes . 

So I understand your recommendation, given that the A-Z claim is already open - are you saying:

• Send buyer email with prepaid return label, asking buyer to return what was shipped to him
  • Represent myself in the A-Z claim saying that I have sent the return label and will refund upon receipt of the originally shipped package - assuming Amazon will close the claim in my favor since I am initiating the "correct process" for handling this

So thinking ahead - when the buyer inevitably sends me back some random junk and I do not want to refund him, what happens then, other than a second A-Z claim? I am just wondering what the benefit to me is by going through this process if I already know, because of the fake claim, that this guy is a scammer? Is it just potentially hoping that he doesn't follow through with the return?

Thanks for the help, I'm new to this situation

9 minutes ago, tyclin said:

How to report?

Open a case . They won't tell u the outcome , but it will be onfile . Enough of those and it should land the buyer in hot waters . 

Just now, HappyHawkeye said:

So I understand your recommendation, given that the A-Z claim is already open - are you saying:

• Send buyer email with prepaid return label, asking buyer to return what was shipped to him
  • Represent myself in the A-Z claim saying that I have sent the return label and will refund upon receipt of the originally shipped package - assuming Amazon will close the claim in my favor since I am initiating the "correct process" for handling this

So thinking ahead - when the buyer inevitably sends me back some random junk and I do not want to refund him, what happens then, other than a second A-Z claim? I am just wondering what the benefit to me is by going through this process if I already know, because of the fake claim, that this guy is a scammer? Is it just potentially hoping that he doesn't follow through with the return?

Thanks for the help, I'm new to this situation

The claim won't be closed nor granted in your favor but u are buying urself somet time till u get the item back . Once u receive the item u decide how u want to proceed ( refund , fight it , ect...) 

• Like 3