Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

59 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I'm fighting with Seller Central and need some help. I did something to my pricing and now it displays the price and "+ --" under it indicating I am offering free shipping. But I want to go back to charging for shipping (I never intended to offer free shipping, and for some reason Amazon's fees are higher if you offer something for $10 w $0 shipping compared to $7.50 w $2.50 shipping). I tried "Match Low Price" but it never matches, it does nothing (both via the "Match Low Price" option next to the item, as well as by selecting the item line and picking "Match Low Price" from "Available Actions"). How do I get this fixed?

they charge 15 percent commission but i think only 10 percent commission on shipping thats why the price diffference

4 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Back to the 75105 - MF;  can any of you sell this?  I'm just wondering if I'm the only one restricted due to an error or if others are restricted as well.  I'm thinking of opening a case for it, but don't want to put a spotlight on myself if I'm the only one experiencing this.

can sell. not restricted for me. 

58 minutes ago, river41 said:

they charge 15 percent commission but i think only 10 percent commission on shipping thats why the price diffference

amazon charges 15% on both shipping and item so there is no difference. actually commission is on round up :) so they take the pound... no matter what you think 

15 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Back to the 75105 - MF;  can any of you sell this?  I'm just wondering if I'm the only one restricted due to an error or if others are restricted as well.  I'm thinking of opening a case for it, but don't want to put a spotlight on myself if I'm the only one experiencing this.

I'm restricted on B00WI0PJE2, I think due to TFA gating.

31 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

I'm restricted as well, though 75102 seems to have had its gate lifted.  I just opened a case as well.

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

I'm fighting with Seller Central and need some help. I did something to my pricing and now it displays the price and "+ --" under it indicating I am offering free shipping. But I want to go back to charging for shipping (I never intended to offer free shipping, and for some reason Amazon's fees are higher if you offer something for $10 w $0 shipping compared to $7.50 w $2.50 shipping). I tried "Match Low Price" but it never matches, it does nothing (both via the "Match Low Price" option next to the item, as well as by selecting the item line and picking "Match Low Price" from "Available Actions"). How do I get this fixed?

Is this for active listings?  My inactive listings show the + - (blank) but after I update the quantity and click save the shipping charges appear.  Are you seeing free shipping on your listing on the product offer pages as well?

23 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

I'm restricted as well, though 75102 seems to have had its gate lifted.  I just opened a case as well.

I just got a call from an unhelpful person in a very thick accent.  His answer was that some Lego Star Wars require the approval even from behind the Lego gate, and some do not.  It is being elevated and I'll follow up later when I'm not at work.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Is this for active listings?  My inactive listings show the + - (blank) but after I update the quantity and click save the shipping charges appear.  Are you seeing free shipping on your listing on the product offer pages as well?

I gave Seller Central a rest for a while (went ice skating with the kids) and now that I've refreshed it it shows my normal shipping fee again, so I'm good. I think it didn't like all the changes I made in a short time and needed to "cool down" a bit. :)

FBA questions:

we issued a refund of XXX for your star destroyer.....

so? do I get +1 to inventory? it doesn't show up as a return, just a refund. also no explanation.

and a little set. I sent in some filler hot wheels and been selling at $9 or so, not bad for $1 buy in. they damaged one in warehouse...and credited me.... $1.06 not $9

24 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

FBA questions:

so? do I get +1 to inventory? it doesn't show up as a return, just a refund. also no explanation.

and a little set. I sent in some filler hot wheels and been selling at $9 or so, not bad for $1 buy in. they damaged one in warehouse...and credited me.... $1.06 not $9

refund usually means "there must have been a customer return" [have you sold some within this period? ]. having said that unless you got a "credit" its not for lost item. better recall your item and check.

credit $1,06 for real? wow.. i thought they at least refund/reimburse current market value.

Edited by newbie77

31 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

FBA questions:

If it doesn't show up in 45 days open a case and they will credit you for the star destroyer. If it does show up then you can see the reason for the return. If it is sellable they will put it back into inventory, if it is deemed unsellable then you can pay to have it shipped back to you or you can pay for it to be destroyed.

As for the hot wheels they know how much they cost so they credit you for your replacement cost, not the market value. Just another tax deduction to the huge profits you make on Amazon so don't even give it a second thought. Time is money on Amazon.

6 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

I did comingled inventory so I get some other guys crap destroyer? still haven't dealt with larger item returns

My advice never commingle Lego. Commingling is great when your item has only a handful of experienced sellers who know not to ruin a good thing. Lego there is alot of fraud and shenanigans so you don't want to get mixed up in that. Just wait to see if your customer ever returns it then go from there. Meanwhile keep sourcing and sending in inventory and collect that cash. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justapilgrim said:

FBA questions:

Welcome to FBA.  You'll get +1 on the Star Destroyer if it's returned in sellable condition.  If it's not, it will be marked as customer damaged and you'll have to remove it and eat the loss.

1 minute ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

Is the first "pull:" Random? 
Generated by Amazon's Software. 
Most of the time the buy box is not the cheapest one. 

The algorithm for the buy box is an Amazon secret and varies by category . 

having good metrics , feedback , a lower price and fba give ur offer a higher chance of grabbing the buy box . Usually the buy box will rotate among different sellers if most of the above are equal . 

I received an email from Amazon today saying that Selling in Toys & Games in Amazon is now lifted (I didn't sell anything over the holidays) but made it through the last wave of restrictions and was able to sell until the holidays started. Now almost everything I have in my inventory is listed as "blocked unless FBA." Has anyone else experienced this? Will this be lifted or is this another wave of restrictions?