Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

15 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I hope TP ain't looking at the storage fees that just hit .. yiiiikes 

15 hours ago, Dbroncoboy said:

Yeah Yikes! He may be doing seller fulfilled prime though. 

If TP is doing Seller Fulfilled Prime, then they may not be getting whacked with FBA storage fees but wouldn't they then getting whacked with much larger shipping fees to meet the Prime obligation?

Amazon Fulfillment Fees on a United Nations (minimum 2 lb shipping weight) set is $3.72. I don't know of any way a company can end up paying the USPS close to that for 2-3 day Priority Mail shipping. Is there really some major UPS/FedEx discount that comes close to that for 2-day shipping?

Edited by grackleflint

1 hour ago, grackleflint said:

If TP is doing Seller Fulfilled Prime, then they may not be getting whacked with FBA storage fees but wouldn't they then getting whacked with much larger shipping fees to meet the Prime obligation?

Amazon Fulfillment Fees on a United Nations (minimum 2 lb shipping weight) set is $3.72. I don't know of any way a company can end up paying the USPS close to that for 2-3 day Priority Mail shipping. Is there really some major UPS/FedEx discount that comes close to that for 2-day shipping?

If they have a few warehouses around the country it would not be an issue as the close zones are cheap for ground and that will get the item there in 2 days or less.. They are likely to have a heavily discounted shipping rate as well. I would wager they just have everything at FBA tho and are paying the storage fees. That would be alot cheaper than 3 warehouses and staff. I have a hard time believing they have one location and paying for 2 day shipping countrywide lol.

35 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

storage fees causing sellers to panic .. prices plummeting .. ho ho ho 

Yeah I was going to post something about that here. To me the long term storage fees look extremely high as well and they have put them right in front of your face in the seller dashboard. I can see the sky falling on some of the bigger sets when those dates start approaching. 

Edited by Dbroncoboy
Bad gram

1 minute ago, Dbroncoboy said:

Yeah I was going to post something about that here. To me the long term storage fees look extremely high to me as well and they have put them right in front of your face in the seller dashboard. I can see the sky falling on some of the bigger sets when those dates start approaching. 

this is what you call a perfect storm and going to kill all of our margins

10 minutes ago, redcell said:

It's the cost of doing business. I want expecting to pay $1500 in storage fees, but it's not a problem given the money that's rolling in.

money won't keep rolling if people start panicking ..December fees will be just a brutal and Feb ltsf are coming up ... in all cases just stating my observations :)

2 hours ago, asharerin said:

I am actually surprised at the strength of alot of sets (AA, R2, HE etc). Seems like the usual dip on sets with truckloads of supply (Red 5, Tumbler etc). Prices will rebound after Feb tho, they always do. 

Slower paced exclusives such as the 70810 SC (360+ to 335) and MKII (320+ to 286) and Haunted house (450+ to 379.00) are quickly dropping in price. I find peoples business decisions rather amusing sometimes. If you have deep pockets or interest in these sets this is the time to buy.

money won't keep rolling if people start panicking ..December fees will be just a brutal and Feb ltsf are coming up ... in all cases just stating my observations

I'm not worried. I haven't seen a huge impact on prices and if people freak out and cut prices too low, they'll get bought out quickly.
  • Like 1

All my Classic Large Creative Boxes from Black Friday at showed up today finally. Won't be sending them off to Amazon this year. With over 300 sellers and prices in the 60's there isn't much meat on that bone. I sensed this might be the case when they stayed in stock for a bit.

Good chance I'll end up donating them. I'd feel better about that then sending them off to break even for even lose a little through FBA. I don't really want to think about the storage fees for these :-P

1 minute ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

Sent some
Stuff in the other day and was reveives on Tuesday but all the sets are showing for sale but back ordered anywhere from the 13-17th...what gives?

assuming that amazon is the dumping ground of TLG warehouse i.e. TLG gave special discount or price to amazon to move the inventory so they have to wait for it to arrive and dispatch :P

1 minute ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

Sent some
Stuff in the other day and was reveives on Tuesday but all the sets are showing for sale but back ordered anywhere from the 13-17th...what gives?

You sent your items to a distribution center. From there amazon reships to its fulfillment centers. Once they are checked in at the fulfillment centers they will no longer be back-ordered. Google the fulfillment centers. This time of year you want to play around with your shipment quantities to make sure items go directly to fulfillment centers, not distribution centers, so your items are available and not backordered straight away.