Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

I would expect there to be a future bloodbath on Mixels now too since there are no more new TV episodes. What kind of sustained demand can there be unless the episodes are re-broadcast continually?

Once I read that people were buying massive quantities of Season 3+ Mixels for $1-$2 each (which never happened where I am), I cncluded that the future of Mixel reselling was just like the polybag market, reserved only for those lucky people who could get those low $0.01-$2 clearance buy-ins.

Edited by grackleflint
  • Like 1

Does these big boys having so much inventory also hurt them sometimes....?
Because let's see what happens now that the new 2017 Stars Wars sets images have been leaked.
Toy Planet is deep on two of the refreshes, 75003 A-Wing (170+) and 9496 Desert Skiff (180+). It could get ugly for competitors if they decide they want to sell through everything now before the new sets are released.

If they're sitting on that kind of quantity for those sets, they aren't very bright assuming they didn't come into them in the last year. The A-Wing spiked last year...no way it would continue that trend. They should have sold out last year.

Just now, redcell said:

If they're sitting on that kind of quantity for those sets, they aren't very bright assuming they didn't come into them in the last year. The A-Wing spiked last year...no way it would continue that trend. They should have sold out last year.

they dont watch the markets, just work on volume like regular BM retailers. stuffs gotta move at a minimal profit

Storage fees are astronomical for many of those sets at those quantities ... cornering the market is never a good idea for FBA, IMO, it will just trigger a race to the bottom . I won't wait for no 150 9493 to sell before I can sell my 5 nor wait on 100 free Dobby. Obv TP or anyone else are free to do what they want but is seems to be such a misguided and inefficient strategy . 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Storage fees are astronomical for many of those sets at those quantities ... cornering the market is never a good idea for FBA, IMO, it will just trigger a race to the bottom . I won't wait for no 150 9493 to sell before I can sell my 5 nor wait on 100 free Dobby. Obv TP or anyone else are free to do what they want but is seems to be such a misguided and inefficient strategy . 

Not if you got those 9496 at $13 or lower cost :) and $0.01 for series 3 mixels.

i also thought that they would try to offload as much as possible but it's working against that.

S1 mixels seller had the market cornered for 3 years in a row and still going strong. They sold about 136 sets this season

Just now, Brickbuilder.g said:

say i wanted to send in a set of series 1 mixels...only have one...don't worry :).....do i just put them all in a bag and slap a asin label on it? do i need to tape the bag? sorry if dumb question

i put them in a zip lock bag , tape it . apply label and suffocation warning and off it goes. heck someone left me a positive feed back on that package. lol 

6 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

i put them in a zip lock bag , tape it . apply label and suffocation warning and off it goes. heck someone left me a positive feed back on that package. lol 

Gee, I thought I was being all FBA approved professional by putting them all in a new 8x6x4 cardboard box and putting the label on the box. Figured it would be easier for all the soccer moms to wrap for Christmas.

Edited by grackleflint

48 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

So, in a race to the bottom, isn't it actually better to be the small fish? I can sell out my tiny quantity and drive/hold the price down for the big boys, thereby reducing their overall profit while my tiny quantity doesn't really mean that much to me, assuming I am diversified.

Sticking it to the man? or just cutting off my nose to spite my face?

2 minutes ago, grackleflint said:

Gee, I thought I was being all FBA approved professional by putting them all in a new 8x6x4 cardboard box and putting the label on the box. Figured it would be easier for all the soccer moms to wrap for Christmas.

thats a good idea. they do look nice in a zip lock with those snow flurries .. they colors come out nicely. bright package for S2, u can make a nice layout with S1 too. 

Just now, grackleflint said:

So, in a race to the bottom, isn't it actually better to be the small fish? I can sell out my tiny quantity and drive/hold the price down for the big boys, thereby reducing their overall profit while my tiny quantity doesn't really mean that much to me, assuming I am diversified.

Sticking it to the man? or just cutting off my nose to spite my face?

that was my point. "small fish" quantities is better even if on the back end you are a whale. again in my very humble opinion. everyone has their own way of doing things and different situations and circumstances. 

17 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

thats a good idea. they do look nice in a zip lock with those snow flurries .. they colors come out nicely. bright package for S2, u can make a nice layout with S1 too. 

I also figured that I didn't need/want to get a large enough quantity (to be cheap enough per) of the suffocation warning bags that were big and strong enough to hold 9 Mixels. Didn't have a large quantity of sets of Mixels (all gone now) and getting a low price on 25ct 8x6x4 boxes that I can reuse for other items is also easier if you can get free delivery (e.g. Staples).

Edited by grackleflint

I hate this listing...

Greetings from Fulfillment by Amazon,

We have received feedback that ASIN B00R8Y8HB0 has been inconsistent with the listing for the product. In order to provide the best buying experience to Amazon customers, we have temporarily suspended your listing and corresponding inventory for review while we determine the root cause of these issues.

At the completion of our internal review, we will determine whether your listing and inventory can be restored, or whether additional action is required. The review will consist of an inspection of your inventory and the ASIN catalog details.

If additional action is required for this inventory on your behalf, we will notify you again.

Thank you for selling with Amazon,

FBA Business Team

26 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I hate this listing...

Greetings from Fulfillment by Amazon,

We have received feedback that ASIN B00R8Y8HB0 has been inconsistent with the listing for the product. In order to provide the best buying experience to Amazon customers, we have temporarily suspended your listing and corresponding inventory for review while we determine the root cause of these issues.

At the completion of our internal review, we will determine whether your listing and inventory can be restored, or whether additional action is required. The review will consist of an inspection of your inventory and the ASIN catalog details.

If additional action is required for this inventory on your behalf, we will notify you again.

Thank you for selling with Amazon,

FBA Business Team

The worst part is it takes them months to resolve the issue.... I had my product suspended 2.5 months ago. Three cases later (two of which are still pending) no resolution. I still get a friendly automated message every day saying, "We are working real hard trying to get this resolved. We don't actually care about you. Thank you for your patience"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, landphieran said:

The worst part is it takes them months to resolve the issue.... I had my product suspended 2.5 months ago. Three cases later (two of which are still pending) no resolution. I still get a friendly automated message every day saying, "We are working real hard trying to get this resolved. We don't actually care about you. Thank you for your patience"

I'm not sure why this listing has so many problems?

is amazon holding all our money hostage for payments this season? selling over 1k a week, getting paid $100, yes I get that they hold a certain portion, but the amount they owe me just keeps growing and growing. I have sold every week, and the amount held just keeps snowballing, waiting for a decent payout but this is a little ridiculous

18 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

is amazon holding all our money hostage for payments this season? selling over 1k a week, getting paid $100, yes I get that they hold a certain portion, but the amount they owe me just keeps growing and growing. I have sold every week, and the amount held just keeps snowballing, waiting for a decent payout but this is a little ridiculous

I've been getting regular payments via FBA.

• Like 1

When did you start selling?

It's standard for newish Amazon seller accounts to get payments 2-3 weeks after the item ships. This is supposedly to give them a buffer where a buyer gets their order and if they don't like it, they start the return process and Amazon debits your account immediately for the return and they don't end up paying you for something that is being returned.

So if you first started selling right at Black Friday, your first payments would start arriving this coming Monday, Dec 12.

But, really, it's all black magic. Amazon pays you when it pays you and they adjust amounts and sometimes move payments forward if you have a big backlog of pending orders to be filled since a good portion of that is money in the bank.

You won't really know until they start the actual bank transfer.

if one is not in professional selling plan or etc. your payments were disbursed over 30-45 days [during holiday season]. 

if its the first year selling during holiday season expect lag of 30-45 days sometimes going to 60 days with most of reimbursement being made after 01/31 of next year.

[ that was my experience the very first year ].

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justapilgrim said:

usually for folks in professional selling plan etc. ... payment is fortnight (like clockwork). if one is not in that plan then its 15->30->45days also folks that are not in professional selling plan, if they get hit with lets say an A-Z claim .. as soon as that happens and even if its just the single or the first one. they hold payment for next 30 days. 

there is lot of variation of what they do. 

{ what i am describing above is what had happened to me during my first year in selling. when i got hit with my first A-Z [ i am definitely sure it was a competitor ]. they stopped my disbursement for 60 days. required invoices for every ASIN i had listed at that time. }