Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

5 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

questions for experts: what happens when USPS picks up FEDEX or UPS packages? 

will it be back? or i have to chase it ... never happened before but apparently USPS person was over zealous and picked up everything from different area :(

I would call your local post office and have them look for it.

16 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

questions for experts: what happens when USPS picks up FEDEX or UPS packages? 

will it be back? or i have to chase it ... never happened before but apparently USPS person was over zealous and picked up everything from different area :(

It will get to you, but it may take a while.

FBA experts :) please tell me:

if i sent about 100 in 10697[creative buckets] to amazon FBA. what would be my storage fees for a year ? i.e. from 11/2016 to 10/2017 ? 

disclaimer: its not me but i see some players have over 100 :) listed as FBA. wanted to gauge the feeling? 

each of them is roughly about 0.85 to 0.90 cu ft. my estimate puts that around $13 to $15 just for the storage fee alone. did i get that right?

Edited by newbie77

Use this calculator and tell us...?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200627230

The real kicker is the long term fee they charge in Feb and Aug for inventory that's been there longer than 6 months (Amazon wants you to sell stuff, not store it with them)

And there are new FBA fees starting in Feb 2017 they just started emailing sellers about.

Edited by grackleflint

35 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

FBA experts :) please tell me:

if i sent about 100 in 10697[creative buckets] to amazon FBA. what would be my storage fees for a year ? i.e. from 11/2016 to 10/2017 ? 

disclaimer: its not me but i see some players have over 100 :) listed as FBA. wanted to gauge the feeling? 

each of them is roughly about 0.85 to 0.90 cu ft. my estimate puts that around $13 to $15 just for the storage fee alone. did i get that right?

They may be seller fulfilled Prime in your state. Amazon storage fee = $0.00.

Does anyone know why 75105 - MF is restricted?  Has anyone asked AMZ why?   It only has 21 sellers right now and Prime is at $184.  This is the only LEGO set I've found that I can't list and I have no idea why.

You might be able to open a case and get it fixed. It worked for me on Poe's X-Wing.

4 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

My FBM buyer messaged me saying they used incorrect address when placing order.  The order was already mailed.   The buyer has not opened any ticket/case and they did not ask for anything (yet?).  What would you do in this situation?

Intercept it and refund upon receipt .

3 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

My FBM buyer messaged me saying they used incorrect address when placing order.  The order was already mailed.   The buyer has not opened any ticket/case and they did not ask for anything (yet?).  What would you do in this situation?

* only ship to address that's in the order. if customer wants to change then ask them for the cancellation request and place another order. [ you may lose the sale ... they may not place another order with you ] but that's the rule to follow

if order is already shipped. wait for it to be delivered or returned or delivered to the address on file. you can recall the package if its worth the time/$

Just now, Bold-Arrow said:

Intercept it and refund upon receipt .

Can't intercept 1st Class Mail

2 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

* only ship to address that's in the order. if customer wants to change then ask them for the cancellation request and place another order. [ you may lose the sale ... they may not place another order with you ] but that's the rule to follow

if order is already shipped. wait for it to be delivered or returned or delivered to the address on file. you can recall the package if its worth the time/$

The package was already sent.  What should I tell the buyer as they think this package is going be lost?  

16 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Can't intercept 1st Class Mail

The package was already sent.  What should I tell the buyer as they think this package is going be lost?  

per amazon policy, buyer is suppose to keep their address up-to-date. replace appropriately but message below would bring senses to "responsible buyer". but if someone is planning a scam then be prepared for A-Z but then if the item is marked delivered it may never come to you depending on which side of bed the adjuster woke up or what happened the previous night.

"dear ****-face-buyer-i know-what-you-are-trying-to-do-but-i-will-be-professional-and-respond,

per amazon policy we shipped order: XXXXX- to the address that came with the order. tracking number for the order is : ZZZZZZZ

we will refund your order once/if item is returned back to us.

yours truly,

a-sucker-seller-who-despite-knowing-can't-do-****

"

• Like 3

Does anyone have any recommendations on validating your Amazon inventory?

I have had a lot of problems with listings being moved, inventory disappearing, quantities shipped at (30); received in full; then only 29 display in my inventory, items marked as warehouse damaged i haven't had notifications of being reimbursed for etc.

I understand this process is probably quite involved, but a list of reports to use would help me in my endeavors. Thanks a lot!

12 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

What newbie said .. this is gonna be tricky to handle depending on what kind of customer ( scammer vs honest ) you have and whether the item is actually delivered or not ( address vacay or what not ) . 

I have a feeling this buyer is honest but my scammer-radar has not been accurate as of late :P

24 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Does anyone have any recommendations on validating your Amazon inventory?

I have had a lot of problems with listings being moved, inventory disappearing, quantities shipped at (30); received in full; then only 29 display in my inventory, items marked as warehouse damaged i haven't had notifications of being reimbursed for etc.

I understand this process is probably quite involved, but a list of reports to use would help me in my endeavors. Thanks a lot!

Run the Inventory Adjustments report under Reports => Fulfillment. In the "Inventory" section, click on "Show more" and you will see "Inventory Adjustments"

It will show inventory that Amazon has misplaced, damaged and found. This is for inventory after it is officially received. If you are missing stuff from being received (sent in 30, they say 29), you will have to do the Inventory Reconciliation.

Amazon will automatically reimburse for Warehouse damaged inventory. You will eventually get a "FBA Reimbursement Notification" email. They say 10 days after it happened but it's obviously busy now. I'm still waiting for reimbursement for some damaged stuff from Nov 23rd. You may have to remind them about it if it's taking a very long time.

In the past Amazon has lost stuff and didn't know about it. Before the "Inventory Adjustment" report was created, the only way to know was to run the daily inventory reports and manually reconcile with what you shipped in and sold. Complete PITA obviously.

Edited by grackleflint
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I have a feeling this buyer is honest but my scammer-radar has not been accurate as of late :P

it totally depends on timing of the request/response. and amazon marketplace is not really a kosher place. there is a lot of crap that goes on. especially some of the "competitors" are really f-u-c-k-e-d up especially in LEGO selling worlds.... 

lately i have been getting swamped by competitors-buyers who try to throw you in gutter with "where is my stuff?" crap within 2 mins of placing the order. i mean what's you going to expect from them beside problem.

return request like " did not authorize" [ after 10-15 days of receiving item ]

return request like " no longer needed" [ after 10-15 days of receiving item ]

return request like " shipping box ok but item damaged" [ after 10-15 days of receiving item ]

return request "within 5 mins of marking order shipped/uploading tracking information" [ common you had 2 days to send that and you have to send in request after order is shipped] { clear sign of your competitor and/or scammer playing with you. if you refund these orders your metrics is going to get hit in 2 ways. cancellation side as well as late shipment. }

if your volume is not large enough you will get run by few of these. i.e. 5 of these in a month and you are not doing 100 orders/week you might be in suspension window. 

Edited by newbie77

Does anyone have any pro tips on getting negative feedback and order defects removed. Because of 1 recent order in which I recieved an A-Z claim and negative feedback my order defect rate and account are in bad shape. I opened a case to have the feedback removed, but do I also need to open a separate case to address the order defect rate. Amazon found that the A-Z claim was not my fault, but the first response I have received is that they will not remove the negative feedback. I have not heard back about removing the order defect. Thanks in advance.

30 minutes ago, junkrigger said:

Does anyone have any pro tips on getting negative feedback and order defects removed. Because of 1 recent order in which I recieved an A-Z claim and negative feedback my order defect rate and account are in bad shape. I opened a case to have the feedback removed, but do I also need to open a separate case to address the order defect rate. Amazon found that the A-Z claim was not my fault, but the first response I have received is that they will not remove the negative feedback. I have not heard back about removing the order defect. Thanks in advance.

If they found AZ not your fault and paid on their own then it shouldn't have count on your odr. 

With regard to feedback if buyer posted their experience with you which is true then it won't get removed. 

14 minutes ago, junkrigger said:

Thanks newbie77. Amazon did refuse to remove the feedback which I guess I can accept. I am having trouble getting them to remove the order defect even though they did pay the claim themselves. I will keep requesting I guess.

i have never had success in them ever removing and/or correcting ODR. 

what you can do is increase your volume and get over the metrics. 

Edited by newbie77

I'm fighting with Seller Central and need some help. I did something to my pricing and now it displays the price and "+ --" under it indicating I am offering free shipping. But I want to go back to charging for shipping (I never intended to offer free shipping, and for some reason Amazon's fees are higher if you offer something for $10 w $0 shipping compared to $7.50 w $2.50 shipping). I tried "Match Low Price" but it never matches, it does nothing (both via the "Match Low Price" option next to the item, as well as by selecting the item line and picking "Match Low Price" from "Available Actions"). How do I get this fixed?