Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Contacting a scammer is not going to get u anywhere and will just complicate things if ( and im sure they won't ) they even bother replying . Unless they withdraw the AZ ( which they won't ), there is no point .

amazon keeps a database of scammer and scum bags and what not but they don't share it with sellers hence the need to report those buyers even if u won't be told the outcome 

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Contacting a scammer is not going to get u anywhere and will just complicate things if ( and im sure they won't ) they even bother replying . Unless they withdraw the AZ ( which they won't ), there is no point .

amazon keeps a database of scammer and scum bags and what not but they don't share it with sellers hence the need to report those buyers even if u won't be told the outcome 

my point was that people here suspected someone scamming them through selling,dropshipping and then requesting a refund.  if that would be the case the one who it was delivered to is not involved in the scam therefore contacting them might help.I agree attempting to contact a potential scammer would be counterproductive.

also while there are many legitimate drop shippers,anecdotally there have been numerous reports of a-z claims being filed on expensive lego sets that the bp members have reported as scams,hence while there are many legitimate drop shippers in relation to expensive lego sets ones antenna should go up when face with such a sale

Amazon's decision... they refunded the buyer, but:

"We have found no reason to believe that you are responsible for this claim. We have issued a refund to the buyer, but we will not debit your account for that refund.

Please consider this transaction closed."

Frustrating in its injustice, but not much different than a chargeback for a large eBay item. I'll probably have to "produce some invoices" for Amazon, but I'll take it for now as "lesson learned."

Thanks for the help to those good BP people who sent PMs and gave sage advice on the forum. 

• Like 2

This is embarrassing.  So... trying to get some product out the door FBM... trying to increase my "good" seller numbers... I sold two 76031 Hulkbusters to two different buyers yesterday evening.  Pull them from stock to pack them up (my last two) and <crap> they're messed up.  I usually note this stuff in my inventory spread sheet but missed it this time. I've seen worse boxes. They are new, and sealed, but both significantly creased, dented, etc. One has "abrasions" on the face of it where a sticker had been removed.

I've sent an Amazon message to both buyers "Subject: Additional info needed"... expressed my regret, attached photos, and told them I don't want to ship something they are not going to be happy with. Offered both two options: 1. They cancel the order for complete refund., or 2. I ship the item today via priority mail, and give them a $3 discount for box damage.

So far haven't back heard from either of them.  What if I don't hear back? Ship anyway?  ... maybe (as an extra) toss an Avengers polybag in the box with another "I'm sorry" note? Hold shipment for another day and see if they reply?

Edited by Kenxxx

2 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

So far haven't back heard from either of them.  What if I don't hear back? Ship anyway?  ... maybe (as an extra) toss an Avengers polybag in the box with another "I'm sorry" note? Hold shipment for another day and see if they reply?

In this situation a good option is to reach out to the BP community and have someone reliable dropship the items to Amazon's customers.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

This is embarrassing.  So... trying to get some product out the door FBM... trying to increase my "good" seller numbers... I sold two 76031 Hulkbusters to two different buyers yesterday evening.  Pull them from stock to pack them up (my last two) and <crap> they're messed up.  I usually note this stuff in my inventory spread sheet but missed it this time. I've seen worse boxes. They are new, and sealed, but both significantly creased, dented, etc. One has "abrasions" on the face of it where a sticker had been removed.

I've sent an Amazon message to both buyers "Subject: Additional info needed"... expressed my regret, attached photos, and told them I don't want to ship something they are not going to be happy with. Offered both two options: 1. They cancel the order for complete refund., or 2. I ship the item today via priority mail, and give them a $3 discount for box damage.

don't delay the shipment.

try not to cancel the order unless receive "order cancellation request titled messages"

both of those  would put a ding on another set of metrics and multiple offense from different side won't look good when trying to get out of the hole.

my 0.02 would be

1. come up with a plan to overcome the A-Z metrics.

2. double verify everything and come up with either loss/profit scheme so you know what you are getting into.

3. if you are already in a hole don't dig deeper. [ like list products in different condition than available ]

from our side its very easy to say/comment but actually implement and materialize .. its going to be lot of hours.

try to look for cheap polybags or smaller items and build up volume

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

don't delay the shipment.
try not to cancel the order unless receive "order cancellation request titled messages"
both of those  would put a ding on another set of metrics and multiple offense from different side won't look good when trying to get out of the hole.
my 0.02 would be
1. come up with a plan to overcome the A-Z metrics.
2. double verify everything and come up with either loss/profit scheme so you know what you are getting into.
3. if you are already in a hole don't dig deeper. [ like list products in different condition than available ]
from our side its very easy to say/comment but actually implement and materialize .. its going to be lot of hours.
try to look for cheap polybags or smaller items and build up volume

I'll bet someone on here can help hook you up with a bunch of cheap Dimensions...

7 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Add me to the list of victims of these fake claim scams. I will no longer be listing expensive items on Amazon.

But special thanks to BA for helping me get my money back on an expensive set.  His advice in this thread was spot on.

BA's help was invaluable. Amazon has to be taking notice of these scams, right? Please tell me it's starting to ding their bottom line enough to notice. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

BA's help was invaluable. Amazon has to be taking notice of these scams, right? Please tell me it's starting to ding their bottom line enough to notice. 

They will eventually notice however they might add further restrictions on Lego reselling which would be disastrous for us .. reporting buyer is the best course of action for now . 

Well here's a new one...  Amazon is cancelling listings that it thinks are priced too high?  So much for "place holding" at the price you want for something...

Hello,

We have detected pricing errors in your Amazon.com product listings. We have deactivated the listings at the bottom of this message to prevent a negative customer experience.

Go to the Manage Inventory page in Seller Central to see any deactivated listings. These will have the status Inactive (Pricing Error).

We will alert you in the future if your price falls outside your price range. If you do not use the price range settings, our systems will continue to use internal data to help detect potential pricing errors. Even if a price range is set, you may not list items at more than $300,000 except for collectibles.

ASIN    SKU    TITLE    PRICE
B01AW1QYMO    41172    LEGO Elves The Water Dragon Adventure 41172    44.88

54 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

Well here's a new one...  Amazon is cancelling listings that it thinks are priced too high?  So much for "place holding" at the price you want for something...

Hello,

We have detected pricing errors in your Amazon.com product listings. We have deactivated the listings at the bottom of this message to prevent a negative customer experience.

Go to the Manage Inventory page in Seller Central to see any deactivated listings. These will have the status Inactive (Pricing Error).

We will alert you in the future if your price falls outside your price range. If you do not use the price range settings, our systems will continue to use internal data to help detect potential pricing errors. Even if a price range is set, you may not list items at more than $300,000 except for collectibles.

If your price ist the highest, they do it automatically, you have to enable it manually, so it will list at your price

2 hours ago, DadsAFOL said:

Hello,

the-price-is-too-damn-high-thumb.jpg

Edited by Val-E

I am rather frustrated with Amazon's inventory management and I'm curious how thorough people are. Frequently there are mishaps in my inventory that i frankly have little interest keeping track of. Mainly because its not easy to figure out what happened to it and the scenarios of things going wrong are vast.

I have been given inventory that I know i didn't send in. I have had inventory moved from a primary listing to a secondary listing, which subsequently disappeared from the face of the earth. Later the items came back with less quantity than i originally had. The inventory system trace removed inventory without a sale or damaged refund.

I get notifications someone is receiving a refund for a return and the item is never returned. However I never get notifications that I received a refund for the non return. (Even after the 45 days).

I ship a lot of small items to Amazon (non lego), which have never been counted correctly when received. I know I shipped the quantities specified, as i print off exact quantities of labels and applied it to literally every item.

That all being said. Is this something that you spend time correcting down to the last item? Whether it is beneficial or negative? Or is it "cost of doing business" on Amazon? Ignoring any obviously pricey item loses what do you do?

Edited by landphieran