Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

There are alot of great people on BP who give great advice on what are good sets / latest deals / what set to avoid etc.
But noone is just going to handout their golden goose items that they most likely spent countless hours researching / trial and error / learning the hard way etc. This is not them being rude, but they worked hard to get to where they are. Would you give up your hard earned business secrets which would kill your livelihood? 
If you do want to get rich quick... I hear some Nigerian Princes can help you out if you send them some dollars to help their long lost cousin.

I am not looking for anything. Others have implied that their are other things like LEGO. I disagree.

I do give up my information, if people ask. It has not killed me.

This is not a business for me.

I do not want to get rich at all. (I guess that depends on what we mean by rich)

At least one person was honest and admitted that there isn't currently anything else like LEGO. I like that I can buy things I like and make money on them too. I really debate MTG but too many people seem to have wholesale access to compete against.

3 hours ago, Robb said:

I am not looking for anything. Others have implied that their are other things like LEGO. I disagree.

I do give up my information, if people ask. It has not killed me.

This is not a business for me.

I do not want to get rich at all. (I guess that depends on what we mean by rich)

At least one person was honest and admitted that there isn't currently anything else like LEGO. I like that I can buy things I like and make money on them too. I really debate MTG but too many people seem to have wholesale access to compete against.

That person was wrong. If you want some ideas for other items, we do actually have a forum just for that purpose. Just don't discuss travel deals, jerky, make up, or clowns.

Edited by Migration
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Robb said:

I don't really think that asking for the category or brand is a silver platter. I just don't really think there is one. Maybe the shoe guys? Or TCG guys?

When you give the camelcamelcamel methodology all I can think is that probably leads to many different products that don't easily fall into a category or brand, which is fine but different than all the support that LEGO has. LEGO has tons of resources to help with choices.

Star shower was s big money maker in 2015 

17 minutes ago, Migration said:

That person was wrong. If you want some ideas for other items, we do actually have a forum just for that purpose. Just don't discuss travel deals, jerky, make up, or clowns.

Didn't BP create a whole new site for those items? I can't recall the name.

So I had some dirtbag open an a-z claiming her $500 SOH was fake. 

"This is fake!!! I just received it, definitely not authentic at all. I want a prompt refund"

Immediately after I sent it she sent me a frantic message about not getting shipping info. Obviously was going to claim she didn't receive it. I guess claiming it was fake was the backup plan after she realized she had to sign for it. Anyways I sent amazon my invoices for the sets, a week goes by and they send me this -

We have granted the claim for this order and issued a refund to the buyer:
-- Order Number: xxxxxxx
-- Date of Claim: February 11, 2017
We have found no reason to believe that you are responsible for this claim. We have issued a refund to the buyer, but we will not debit your account for that refund.
Please consider this transaction closed.

While I'm happy Amazon looked out for me I'm enraged this mf'er is getting away with this. I really want to drive to her freaking house kick in the door and repossess the set. Or at the very least drop a turd in a box and mail it without a return address. 

Anyways not going to do anything. Just want to vent and pass along the info. Use caution selling large retired sets on amazon. It's great they protected me but damn I wanted them to fight this. 

Edited by marcandre

4 minutes ago, marcandre said:

"This is fake!!! I just received it, definitely not authentic at all. I want a prompt refund"

Immediately after I sent it she sent me a frantic message about not getting shipping info. Obviously was going to claim she didn't receive it. I guess claiming it was fake was the backup plan after she realized she had to sign for it. Anyways I sent amazon my invoices for the sets, a week goes by and they send me this -

We have found no reason to believe that you are responsible for this claim. We have issued a refund to the buyer, but we will not debit your account for that refund.

While I'm happy Amazon looked out for me I'm enraged this mf'er is getting away with this. I really want to drive to her freaking house kick in the door and repossess the set. Or at the very least drop a turd in a box and mail it without a return address. 

Anyways not going to do anything. Just want to vent and pass along the info. Use caution selling large retired sets on amazon. It's great they protected me but damn I wanted them to fight this. 

is she offering some stuff on Amazon or Ebay? if yes, just play the game in oppposite direction. Otherwise she will try the same to other sellers...

Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, marcandre said:

This makes me sick, maybe we should have a database of nasty buyers on here if we have the evidence to support it? It will help us all if we can block buyers like this. I'd be happy to block every reported buyer on here as there's plenty more honest buyers about. You're much more likely to be ripped off by buyers than sellers these days. It's very temping to avenge but, it will come back to bite you.... hard! What if her boyfried is a 6'6" kickboxer that's just come out of prison?

12 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

This makes me sick, maybe we should have a database of nasty buyers on here if we have the evidence to support it? 

I would be happy to post her name her but don't think that's ok. 

12 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

What if her boyfried is a 6'6" kickboxer that's just come out of prison?

I grew up in Detroit. Ain't scared. But yea revenge is never good. 

Hell revenge is probably great, I really wouldn't know. 

Edited by marcandre

For some reason SOH is the set to scam right now. Same scam has impacted several other members all SOH and all with the same outcome as yours.

even with providing invoice for this set they still opted with reimbursement on her favour, this is just irrational. did even amazon bother themselves to ask for picture of evidence that the set she has received was actually fake? I can do the same so with iPhone 7, buy from someone for grnd and open the claim later I've got nice and perfectly sculpted brick.

however I feel so sorry for you @marcandre at least your account remained untouched by this fraudulent activity but who knows what could have happen to anyone else here. Matter of interpretation/perception by Amazon Agent I think.

I grew up in Detroit. Ain't scared. But yea revenge is never good. 

Hell revenge is probably great, I really wouldn't know. 

Yep, they got a few of us so far. Hopefully Amazon will figure out a way to squelch these scams. I'm not real happy about seeing the blemish in my order defect rate.

even with providing invoice for this set they still opted with reimbursement on her favour, this is just irrational. did even amazon bother themselves to ask for picture of evidence that the set she has received was actually fake? I can do the same so with iPhone 7, buy from someone for grnd and open the claim later I've got nice and perfectly sculpted brick.

however I feel so sorry for you[mention=30371]marcandre[/mention] at least your account remained untouched by this fraudulent activity but who knows what could have happen to anyone else here. Matter of interpretation/perception by Amazon Agent I think.

Not untouched, he'll get a blemish in ODR for 60 days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Migration said:

For some reason SOH is the set to scam right now. Same scam has impacted several other members all SOH and all with the same outcome as yours.

Were any of these members successfiul in fighting the inevitable proof of authenticity claim ?? My tracking shows 0% success so far in that department . 

Were any of these members successfiul in fighting the inevitable proof of authenticity claim ?? My tracking shows 0% success so far in that department . 

To my knowledge they all submitted retail receipts or online invoices and the outcome was Amazon funded the buyer. If Amazon has to fund enough of these I can easily see a Lego gate come down that no one can get through.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Migration said:

To my knowledge they all submitted retail receipts or online invoices and the outcome was Amazon funded the buyer. If Amazon has to fund enough of these I can easily see a Lego gate come down that no one can get through.

Usually Amazon bots will pick up on the "fake" claim and seller performance will open a case asking for invoices . This will be in addition to but saperate from the A-Z claim. In all known cases so far seller performance has rejected these online and retail receipts and shut down the seller's listing for item in question . I would assume that another similar claim to  said sellers will lead to account suspension .

• Like 1

Here is the best part. The sets CAME FROM AMAZON. I sent them their own freaking invoices. Refunding this scammer is saying they sent me bogus bricks sets themselves. 

20 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Usually Amazon bots will pick up on the "fake" claim and seller performance will open a case asking for invoices . This will be in addition to but saperate from the A-Z claim. In all known cases so far seller performance has rejected these online and retail receipts and shut down the seller's listing for item in question . I would assume that another similar claim to  said sellers will lead to account suspension .

They did suspend my listing. Upon providing invoices they dropped the suspension. Within an hour of my sending them too. 

My ODR went from 0% to 6%. 

Edited by marcandre

Just now, marcandre said:

Here is the best part. The sets CAME FROM AMAZON. I sent them their own freaking invoices. Refunding this scammer is saying they sent me bogus bricks sets themselves. 

They did suspend my listing. Upon providing invoices they dropped the suspension. Within an hour of my sending them too. 

That's good to know . Congrats . And yeah Amazon doesn't accept their online receipts as proof of authenticity for anything . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marcandre said:

My ODR went from 0% to 6%. 

Did you use amazon prime when buying the set? In case you weren't aware Amazon Prime Terms and Conditions prohibit using any prime benefits for the purpose of resale.

Everyone who does FBM / FBA should bear that in mind before they tell amazon they bought from themselves, as you might shoot yourself in the foot.

9 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Did you use amazon prime when buying the set? In case you weren't aware Amazon Prime Terms and Conditions prohibit using any prime benefits for the purpose of resale.

Everyone who does FBM / FBA should bear that in mind before they tell amazon they bought from themselves, as you might shoot yourself in the foot.

My take while probably wrong interprets this term different:

Prime members are not permitted to purchase products for the purpose of resale, rental, or to ship to their customers or potential customers using Prime benefits.

You may not use your Prime membership for the purpose of resale (my twisted mind says as long as you are not buying it with prime and shipping it to a person not at your address)

If they are shipping any item to your location there is no difference on what  you do with it in the future....but if you buy it and have them ship it somewhere else (drop-shipping) that is frowned upon. 

Opinions?

• Like 1