Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

43 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

you don't see an increase in returns due to these notes on said items? 

If I mention the box condition?  Not at all.  The issue with not allowing condition notes for new items is even worse with Funko, since a very tiny box or paint imperfection is important to note and in no way should disqualify the item as new.  In fact, Funko even says most paint imperfections aren't considered a defect and boxes are only to protect the figure inside (so box condition doesn't matter, according to them).  The way Amazon makes it sound, nothing less than a Gem Mint item should be listed as New.

Edited by I am Niko

Just now, I am Niko said:

If I mention the box condition?  Not at all.  The issue with not allowing condition notes for new items is even worse with Funko, since a very tiny box or paint imperfection is important to note and in no way should disqualify the item as new.  In fact, Funko even says most paint imperfections are normal and not considered a defect.  The way Amazon makes it sound, nothing less than a Gem Mint item should be listed as New.

cool, just curious 

Funko is all about the box, it is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

I was skimming through his 43 pages of Legos last night. There are some great prices on some things, but it sure does raise a red flag. I was wondering what the hell is going on myself!

I was skimming through his 43 pages of Legos last night. There are some great prices on some things, but it sure does raise a red flag. I was wondering what the hell is going on myself!

And a feedback score of 3, and those three were from three years ago. Sketchy, very sketchy.
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, cladner said:

what the hell is wrong with rtalley50 and why are you lowballing the lego reselling universe?

he had 86 PS last night and sold 2 within 30 mins and i went to sleep. now it is all gone. I hope no one bought them all ...........

IMG_2179.JPG

Edited by LegoEdison

7 hours ago, zskid00 said:

Shouldn't this type of activity raise a red flag with Amazon?  Or are they just willing to take the loss if/when this guys takes the money and runs?

It is not that easy to take money from Amazon and run.  I bet $1 those are data mining operations.  There seems to be a lot of them popping up in the past 48 hours.  Just be careful when buying on Amzn

• Like 1

(Emerging from lurk mode....)

Thanks for the flag on this too-good-to-be-true seller on Amazon. 

What is the scam? How will I be hurt if I swallow the hook on this... hypothetically speaking, if I bought something, what will the outcome be? If the product fails to materialize, won't Amazon A to Z coverage take care of me?

Hypothetically, I would be interested in the Parisian Restaurant for my personal build... 

Thanks for all the great discussion and insights!

14 minutes ago, MahoneyOne said:

(Emerging from lurk mode....)

Thanks for the flag on this too-good-to-be-true seller on Amazon. 

What is the scam? How will I be hurt if I swallow the hook on this... hypothetically speaking, if I bought something, what will the outcome be? If the product fails to materialize, won't Amazon A to Z coverage take care of me?

Hypothetically, I would be interested in the Parisian Restaurant for my personal build... 

Thanks for all the great discussion and insights!

They would get your info such as name, address and phone number . That's pretty valuable info for little work . Then they can sell it for $$$

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

They would get your info such as name, address and phone number . That's pretty valuable info for little work . Then they can sell it for $$$

Yeah. Great. (Head smack)

Well, since I've already had my identity compromised/stolen, maybe they can steal me back! 

I'll update this thread when I get a change in order status... er, hypothetical order status.

I don't want to be a **** here, but please don't encourage this behavior. These people have zero intention of filling your order. We have 2 schools of thought on what they are doing: A.The popular belief on the Amazon Seller Forums is that these guys get enough orders that they clear some of the cash out and the rest is returned via A to Z (which is why they usually have every item priced at 9.00 or 13.00 or something dumb like that. They are able to do this because they are from other countries and have longer delivery times before people figure it out. They can set up fake "from" locations now, but the delivery times are still 1 month+  and B.The other thought is that they are doing something with your information as BA explained.
The problem with both scenarios is it ties up your resources, encourages this behavior again, ties up Amazon's resources and, most importantly, makes it harder to sell on Amazon for us sellers. These guys just keep coming back again and again and again and it never ends. They are clearly getting something out of it or they wouldn't keep doing it. It also raises fees for everyone and is just a bad idea. Please don't help these guys. You are not going to get these products under any circumstances. 

I wish I could like that post 100 times...
STOP BUYING FROM OBVIOUS SCAMMERS
  • Like 4

Great. That's my intro... the guy who is making it worse for everyone... 

My logic: 1) this could be someone dumping inventory to get cash and 2) Amazon has my back if it is a scam.

It makes sense that some percentage will forget/neglect to file a claim, thus allowing the scammers to make some money. I hope to not be that person...

If I didn't bite, someone else would. Non-participation won't solve the issue. Perhaps making the practice less profitable to scammers... by increasing the percentage of follow up.

Do we have someone inside Amazon in this community?  

29 minutes ago, MahoneyOne said:

If I didn't bite, someone else would. Non-participation won't solve the issue. Perhaps making the practice less profitable to scammers... by increasing the percentage of follow up.

how about no one bite and the scammers did not get anything and leave?

• Like 1

Thing is that Amazon already has the perfect tool against these scams..... it's called FBA. They could just force all sellers (or all low volume, low activity over last X month's sellers) go through FBA. Still leaves room for other scams but this particular one would no longer be possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MahoneyOne said:

My logic: 1) this could be someone dumping inventory to get cash and 2) Amazon has my back if it is a scam.

It makes sense that some percentage will forget/neglect to file a claim, thus allowing the scammers to make some money. I hope to not be that person...

Are you wanting someone to tell you to go for it?  It's a scam bud.  Why give a scammer your money?  That's bad policy.  If everyone followed that policy these scumbags would go away.  But there are too many muppets out there thinking, maybe it's someone dumping inventory to get cash, and hey Amazon's got my back if it's a scam.  Don't be that muppet.  Be the guy that doesn't get scammed.

You all must be a bit thick today... he already went for it, before the posts about the scam went up on this thread. Durp. 

And he's right. If this forum chose not to engage with the scammer, great.... Amazon has millions of viewers every day though. If we as a forum entity boycott the seller, great, but the other millions of buyers looking for a good deal on Lego will get sucked right in anyway. Not a very constructive post here, but I thought I'd step up for Mahoney from getting bagged on by some of the more pessimistic of you lot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Thing is that Amazon already has the perfect tool against these scams..... it's called FBA. They could just force all sellers (or all low volume, low activity over last X month's sellers) go through FBA. Still leaves room for other scams but this particular one would no longer be possible.

They will just stop taking on new sellers and gate most brands. Been trending that way for a long time now.

No offence but that is ridiculous logic "if I didn't bite someone else would."

These scammers aren't just hitting Amazon.. the "good" ones will also hit eBay and CL and etc... when they're successful it only gives them bigger cajones in hopes of scamming again and again.

In fairness, MANY members on this board have been scammed. Mine was on Kijiji years ago (not for LEGO and before my BPer days) and she was eventually caught and prosecuted (but money was gone). What we generally recommend is "don't fall for it again because it's not worth your time, your sanity or giving out your personal information to these f'ers." Educate rather than just sit idly by.