Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

1 minute ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Someone just opened an A-Z claim on Lynn TOO sale. Bought shipping via eBay because the shipping was cheaper with FedEx. No signature but the tracking shows delivered. Am I screwed? I replied to the claim by saying the tracking shows delivered.

Was it signed for? Your probably ok if so although not using amazon for shipping is a big risk to take. 

If it was not sig confirmation your screwed. 

3 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Someone just opened an A-Z claim on my TOO sale. Bought shipping via eBay because the shipping was cheaper with FedEx. No signature but the tracking shows delivered. Am I screwed? I replied to the claim by saying the tracking shows delivered. What can I do?

Does "TOO" mean Tower of Orthanc? Did the buyer say the item was never delivered? How did you buy shipping via eBay for an Amazon sale?

30 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Does "TOO" mean Tower of Orthanc? Did the buyer say the item was never delivered? How did you buy shipping via eBay for an Amazon sale?

yes TOO is tower of orthanc.

once i wanted to send an item on amazon using super cheap fedex smartpost (which amazon doesn't offer) so i tried this once.  it was ugly.  i bought shipping under a 3 week old ebay listing i sold for another item that had ended where the item was already received and got good feedback, clicked on the send another package, change the address put in the amazon address, print  the shipping  label.  its very cumbersome and for me not worth the extra mile to get burned by smartpost which is the only reason i can think why anyone would do this.  you can't do a signature with smartpost and without a signature, you are screwed.

Edited by cladner

4 minutes ago, Jackson said:

I mean...one can buy shipping labels through PayPal.

yes - one can and should though  i think you get a discount though through ebay.  again, not worth it for me and probably would get in trouble if ebay found out you were subsidizing your amazon shipping bill through their site.

my rule of thumb for getting a signature is if the set cost me more than $100 or the sale price is more than $250. 

2 hours ago, marcandre said:

Was it signed for? Your probably ok if so although not using amazon for shipping is a big risk to take. 

If it was not sig confirmation your screwed. 

I didn't buy signature. Status just shows delivered.

2 hours ago, Jackson said:

Yes Tower of Orth. The buyer didn't say anything, just woke up this morning with an A-Z claim email. 

Just go to any order on my ebay orders and change the shipping address and buy the shipping label. Fedex on ebay was $25 vs $39 on Amazon.

1 hour ago, cladner said:

yes TOO is tower of orthanc.

once i wanted to send an item on amazon using super cheap fedex smartpost (which amazon doesn't offer) so i tried this once.  it was ugly.  i bought shipping under a 3 week old ebay listing i sold for another item that had ended where the item was already received and got good feedback, clicked on the send another package, change the address put in the amazon address, print  the shipping  label.  its very cumbersome and for me not worth the extra mile to get burned by smartpost which is the only reason i can think why anyone would do this.  you can't do a signature with smartpost and without a signature, you are screwed.

Did this so many times and never got any problems, just this one...they claimed A-Z, the seller's name and the actual name on the shipping address is different though, not sure if that matters, heard people said that these are usually scams.

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

I mean...one can buy shipping labels through PayPal.

Doesn't offer Fedex Smartpost on PP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrickLegacy said:

99% chance you were scammed.

Hopefully Amazon sides with you on the INR claim.

This sucks, I'm removing all the expensive sets on Amazon or priced some of them higher to just pay for the more expensive shipping cost and signatures + insurance.

Edited by Lego_Monsters
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

This sucks, I'm removing all the expensive sets on Amazon or priced some of them higher to just pay for the more expensive shipping cost and signatures + insurance.

Amazon has become very treacherous for lego resellers. If someone wants a free set they can say it was not delivered or it's fake. I'm done selling sets over $100 there until something changes. 

• Like 1

Just now, jonnyhanukkah said:

I would imagine the police should get involved if you have insurance and it shows delivered. At least I would strongly threaten that and inquire at whatever is the most local precinct.

agreed though i would put it differently, more into opening an investigation with the post office  

2 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

i'm not questioning you as you're a respected old-timer BP member.  $479 sounds too good to be true.  i wonder if the buyer has a "plan" to return it after a claim.

Could you clarify how that works since I am trying to learn what to watch out for when selling on amazon 

One Amazon buyer purchased Lego 10234 recently and the package arrived in good condition, stating that the buyer heard there was "rolling sound" in the box concerning the bags "broke" and loose bricks coming out inside the box, the buyer also further raised the concern that the seals were tempered with (the set was purchased from Lego store, specifically selected for good condition box). And the buyer took pictures of all six seals, which surely indicated the seals were not tempered with.

The buyer stated that he or she is also a collector/reseller and it would be a big problem that the bags break inside (based on the "rolling sound" because the buyer compared this set with other collections, other sets DO NOT make that sound). The buyer stated that it is not "custom friendly" that I don't refund or partial refund if the buyer finds the bags break and wants to return because the buyer thinks about opening the seal to check inside. The buyer also suggests an option that I send the replacement set without "rolling sound" at my own expense and the buyer returns the set at my own expense.

What would you do in this situation?

PS: Val-E member suggests better present this to Amazon before going into dealing with the buyer.