Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

Seeing the Brickshow video review of The Tumbler was a bit of a disillusion for me, I mean, investment-wise I really WANT to love this set. In theory it has everything a winner needs - and it will surely be a winner in the end. But what I do not like about it: It is a 200 bucks set which has virtually no functions - which would have been OK, if it was a little bigger after all. There have been big, expensive UCS Star Wars Sets that also had no functions but at least they had an impressive size (say SSD) - or they were "only" bigger than normal BUT then also had playability. But The Tumbler lacks some in both fields and I can imagine people seeing it built thinking: "Man, in fact it looks really cool... while... I cannot do anything with this but look at it - and it is nothing near the size of those large Star Wats UCS models - so, was this really worth TWOHUNDRED $$$?".

What I ask myself right now: Wouldn't it have been much, much cooler to have a FULLY FUNCTIONAL REMOTE-CONTROLLED TECHNIC TUMBLER? And be it for 300 bucks? TECHNIC really is not that unpopular anymore (see LE Crawler), so what kept LEGO from doing a TECHNIC Tumbler? A TECHNIC model having a nice suspension, bouncing over obstacles and jumping ramps like in the movie - wouldn't this have been a better idea? I mean, for me it is much more fun to see the Tumbler DRIVE rather than just put in in parking mode! Who would leave a "car" like this in the garage and watch TV instead of smashing around with the beast outside?

...? The model has plenty of functions if you have....

Anyway, the build is pretty large and probably has enough space to replace the interior with some Power Functions to make it remote controlled.

Since there is no steering, just powering it up doesn't do the job. Had Lego only made the Tumbler PF-compatible at least. But instead It can only roll forward and backward, not really tumbling much...

Seeing the Brickshow video review of The Tumbler was a bit of a disillusion for me, I mean, investment-wise I really WANT to love this set. In theory it has everything a winner needs - and it will surely be a winner in the end. But what I do not like about it: It is a 200 bucks set which has virtually no functions - which would have been OK, if it was a little bigger after all. There have been big, expensive UCS Star Wars Sets that also had no functions but at least they had an impressive size (say SSD) - or they were "only" bigger than normal BUT then also had playability. But The Tumbler lacks some in both fields and I can imagine people seeing it built thinking: "Man, in fact it looks really cool... while... I cannot do anything with this but look at it - and it is nothing near the size of those large Star Wats UCS models - so, was this really worth TWOHUNDRED $$$?".

What I ask myself right now: Wouldn't it have been much, much cooler to have a FULLY FUNCTIONAL REMOTE-CONTROLLED TECHNIC TUMBLER? And be it for 300 bucks? TECHNIC really is not that unpopular anymore (see LE Crawler), so what kept LEGO from doing a TECHNIC Tumbler? A TECHNIC model having a nice suspension, bouncing over obstacles and jumping ramps like in the movie - wouldn't this have been a better idea? I mean, for me it is much more fun to see the Tumbler DRIVE rather than just put in in parking mode! Who would leave a "car" like this in the garage and watch TV instead of smashing around with the beast outside?

I think TLG knows what the market wants.  They are trying to maximise profits by appealing to the biggest chunk of the market segment as possible.  A $300 set with technic remote control would have been pretty cool, but the $300 price would put a large percentage of people out of the potential buying pool.  I'd still buy it myself, use it a few times and then it would just sit on the display shelf.  The extra $100 would be a bit wasted.  The vast majority of people who want a set like this want it as a display piece, not a toy to be zoomed around the floor.

• Like 2

So guys,

Will it come out on the 18th of August or will it come out on the 1st of September?

Early VIP access or not?

Btw i am in Australia so not sure whether it will be the same system as you all in other parts of the world.

So guys,

Will it come out on the 18th of August or will it come out on the 1st of September?

Early VIP access or not?

Btw i am in Australia so not sure whether it will be the same system as you all in other parts of the world.

If I was a betting man I would bet on early access 8/18.

Will these be in store on Monday? Or only online.  Amazingly this is the first item I am picking up during pre-release.

If I remember right from the Mini Cooper, they were in store but kept in back, so you had to ask for one.  YMMV in this case as there seems to be different rules at every Lego store, especially in Antarctica.

Welp since I work day shift now and won't be up for the midnight release let me answer some questions that will inevitably be asked. Yes we know of the s@h website is bogged down. You might not get an order confirmation email, it doesn't mean your order wasn't placed. If it happens to sell out don't worry it will be available for many months you won't miss out. No it isn't a UCS set. Yes it will be a solid investment down the road. Yes the Heath Ledger joker minifig will be sought after. Yes it will probably at your local Lego stores for sale to anybody. Yes I will have one tomorrow and it will be displayed on my desk at work by Tuesday. Did I miss anything? Apologies if I did.

• Like 7

Welp since I work day shift now and won't be up for the midnight release let me answer some questions that will inevitably be asked. Yes we know of the s@h website is bogged down. You might not get an order confirmation email, it doesn't mean your order wasn't placed. If it happens to sell out don't worry it will be available for many months you won't miss out. No it isn't a UCS set. Yes it will be a solid investment down the road. Yes the Heath Ledger joker minifig will be sought after. Yes it will probably at your local Lego stores for sale to anybody. Yes I will have one tomorrow and it will be displayed on my desk at work by Tuesday. Did I miss anything? Apologies if I did.

Will you be flipping any? Ha

Less than an hour. It's always a fun show to watch even if you are not buying.

How long has this message been up at checkout? I noticed it earlier today and it is still there.

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties and your order may take up to 24 hours to process. Please note that if your order qualifies for promotions, they will be applied after we have processed your transaction. Express shipping options and payment using VIP rewards are not available during this time. Product availability may also be inaccurate during this time. Your order confirmation email will be delivered after your transaction has been processed.

If you have any questions, please call our friendly Consumer Service Experts at the number shown at the bottom of this page. Please note that we are also unable to accept phone orders at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.