Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

Wow you guys got a limit of 2? Over here in Australia lego shop at home, the limit is 1. Can somebody enlighten me what is the free comic you all are talking about?.I don't see it given as a free gift if I purchase the tumbler. Any pics?

Wow you guys got a limit of 2? Over here in Australia lego shop at home, the limit is 1. Can somebody enlighten me what is the free comic you all are talking about?.I don't see it given as a free gift if I purchase the tumbler. Any pics?

It shows up when you get you confirmation email.  Its not something that ads in up front.  Its the  2014 SDCC Comic Con Lego Batman 75th Anniversry Comic / Poster.  Attached a pic for you to see what it looks like

post-40002-0-11886300-1408407333.jpg

I believe it is for a select number of LEGO Shop at Home countries that get that free comic. In LEGO Shop at Home belgium there is no comic to be found either.

I think its just US just from the leftovers from Comic Con.  I was told each store got some for the first day VIP release.  Don't think they advertised them online on purpose as they didn't know how many they would have.  Think it was a last minute type of thing with the timing of Comic Con and the release of this that happened to work out.  Nice bonus though as originally was just thinking it would be the Cooper Poly.  

Welp since I work day shift now and won't be up for the midnight release let me answer some questions that will inevitably be asked. Yes we know of the LEGO Shop at Home website is bogged down. You might not get an order confirmation email, it doesn't mean your order wasn't placed. If it happens to sell out don't worry it will be available for many months you won't miss out. No it isn't a UCS set. Yes it will be a solid investment down the road. Yes the Heath Ledger joker minifig will be sought after. Yes it will probably at your local Lego stores for sale to anybody. Yes I will have one tomorrow and it will be displayed on my desk at work by Tuesday. Did I miss anything? Apologies if I did.

You have a lock on your door at work? We have an open-door policy so I have been afraid to take bigger sets there.

Now unless you are building one or buying a few to hopefully sell these on ebay for Christmas, you shouldn't be buying any, these should be out a solid 3 years, you should be buying,GE,HH,DS,Camper,Toert Bridge.

Some people may be inclined to take the arbitrage opportunity afforded by stupid Lego regional pricing structures.  Buying some to put up on Ebay straight away to sell internationally.  Pretty small margins even after possibly cashing in some VIP points, but that's how some people roll.  But yeah, buying for long term investment at this point in time is not the smartest use of capital.  I think most of the talk at the moment here is centered on personal collecting.

Confirming that NZ gets no comic or mini polybag either.

Now unless you are building one or buying a few to hopefully sell these on ebay for Christmas, you shouldn't be buying any, these should be out a solid 3 years, you should be buying,GE,HH,DS,Camper,Toert Bridge.

This is a set to be bought with double VIP points next year (+polybag), or/and to wait if it will be available in other retailers.

For personnal collecting, if I wanted to have one under the Xmas tree and if I lived in the US I would wait for September 1st, even if it means I may have to wait some more weeks to get it (if it's OoS when I'll put the order), so I would be able to get the white space man and another polybag.

BTW I would fear a "OoS" from november/december up to January... Certainly a way to quick-flip but I would prefer keep it, way more money to make in stocking this black beauty.

i highly dount it will be OOS for a lont time if any time at all ... this is an expensive set thats probably only good for displaying in an office ... parents will not shell out $200 for these for gifts ... only fans with cash will get this

*cough*

Of course it's a set designed for AFOLs. Certainly lego didn't produce this set as many as a $20 set.

And Winter Xmas is coming...

i highly dount it will be OOS for a lont time if any time at all ... this is an expensive set thats probably only good for displaying in an office ... parents will not shell out $200 for these for gifts ... only fans with cash will get this

It is OOS already..................

• Like 1

Wonder what influence the new tumbler will have on the 7784 UCS Batmobile on the secondary market. They really looks awesome together!

My point exactly. Time to scoop up on some second hand 7784. Be sad to sell my private one tho.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Brickpicker mobile app