San Diego Comic-Con 2014

trekgate502

Posted this in another thread, probably belongs here too. Should be on display at SDCC....

75084 Wookie Gunship  570pcs $69.99

LEGO-Star-Wars-75084-Wookiee-Gunship-SDC

I like it. As a fan of the Battle of Kashyyyk, the more Wookies we get the better! I would rather the ship have a cargo hold for troops to sit/stand/shoot from, but I can do a little modifying to make up for it. Just confused on where the ship actually comes from. Any idea who the Jedi is?

I like it. As a fan of the Battle of Kashyyyk, the more Wookies we get the better! I would rather the ship have a cargo hold for troops to sit/stand/shoot from, but I can do a little modifying to make up for it. Just confused on where the ship actually comes from. Any idea who the Jedi is?

Protect Wullffwarro and his Jedi friend, Kanan Jarrus, with the powerful LEGO

14696724696_1107af92e6.jpg

I'm not much for the size of the Batmobile exclusive but the colors and general shaping is spot-on. Also glad the minifigures are available in a somewhat cheaper set although I would rather have the retro Batmobile at $40 than that Juniors set for $30 filled with useless bulky bricks.

14536112719_0cb4135783.jpg

....Well this guy wins the "Who the heck is this?" award alongside Bat-Mite. Unlike Bizarro, I have no idea what regular set could include this character.
  • Like 1

14536112719_0cb4135783.jpg

....Well this guy wins the "Who the heck is this?" award alongside Bat-Mite. Unlike Bizarro, I have no idea what regular set could include this character.

I had to look him up because I haven't followed the comics in awhile. Still it's unique, and I'd rather they put exclusives that will never be in a set as the giveaways, otherwise they have diminished value.

To a true collector, not investor or flipper, yes it is all about the box and the set, not being able to brick link it or recreate it.

It is having the original set that matters.

There was an auction earlier for $500 for all 3 of the custom sets.

I have been doing everything in my power not to hit the buy button on these.

It is tough.

People who collect and pay for these types of things is after all what we hope for in making our investment valuations rise on regular sets, like the SSD, etc.

That all being said, I am part investor, part flipper and part collector.  I am quite the conflicted person inside!

I've been collecting these SDCC sets/displays for years and even though the sets are usually 1 of 1000, they usually come down in price in a week or so.  Don't pay $300 for this set.  The only person making any money off of this will be the original seller.

• Like 2

I've been collecting these SDCC sets/displays for years and even though the sets are usually 1 of 1000, they usually come down in price in a week or so.  Don't pay $300 for this set.  The only person making any money off of this will be the original seller.

Fair point.  I thought the $450 for the 3 was fair.  I am not paying the $1,000 for 3.

They have had 2 days of distributions at 200 per day out of 5 days.

I was thinking we might see a critical mass come Sunday to Tuesday in terms of going lower.

Not sure if everyone saw that Toys R Us is selling some of their SDCC exclusives online.

GI Joe is sold out but the Star Wars Black Cantina set is still live

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11433485&ab=Tru_homepage_aspot:2:R-Comic-Convention-Exclusive

Ops please fix link

I'll probably skip the Han/Greedo set, but I want the 6" Jabba.

• Like 1

Fair point.  I thought the $450 for the 3 was fair.  I am not paying the $1,000 for 3.

They have had 2 days of distributions at 200 per day out of 5 days.

I was thinking we might see a critical mass come Sunday to Tuesday in terms of going lower.

The prices will come down in time.  Trust me.  I made the mistake many times of buying these early and they usually end in the $125 range.  

• Like 1

I can see that Batman set staying higher in price than the average SDCC exclusive, but the Star Wars and Guardians sets should definitely come down.  Also, the minifigure giveaways are supposedly limited to 1,750 each.  Last year I think there were like 400-500 each and the year before there were 1,000 each so I would expect those prices to fall quite a bit if the numbers are accurate.  

• Like 2

I can see that Batman set staying higher in price than the average SDCC exclusive, but the Star Wars and Guardians sets should definitely come down.  Also, the minifigure giveaways are supposedly limited to 1,750 each.  Last year I think there were like 400-500 each and the year before there were 1,000 each so I would expect those prices to fall quite a bit if the numbers are accurate.  

I agree with you.  That being said I really need to have a Bard in my LOTR Hobbit collection.  I can buy it now for $300.  Should I buy it to be safe?  I don't want it to hit $600 like Azog.  I do think chances are better with 1,750.  But I have to have one to complete my collection of LOTR Hobbit.  Maybe it will fall to $150 by end of the week.  Opinion?

I agree.  The Batman set could stay within the $200-$250 range.  It's a great set.  It seems to be doubling the value of the other two.

Azog was an exception as they were only randomly handed out during the convention last year.  I bet the numbers on him were much less than the other minifigures which is why he commanded a much higher price and was more scarce on eBay as a result.  Bard is just a repaint and could end up being released in one of the Hobbit sets this fall, so I would hold out on him.  I honestly don't see why you should pay more than $150-200 for him.  Just give it some time.  There are a lot of people that will list Bard by tonight and even more so in the next 3-5 days as the convention wraps up.

I agree with you.  That being said I really need to have a Bard in my LOTR Hobbit collection.  I can buy it now for $300.  Should I buy it to be safe?  I don't want it to hit $600 like Azog.  I do think chances are better with 1,750.  But I have to have one to complete my collection of LOTR Hobbit.  Maybe it will fall to $150 by end of the week.  Opinion?

History on these small SW and Hobbit sets show they drop down in value as the show goes on.  The Batman set might be an exception. Then again, maybe there are more investors this year pushing up prices.