San Diego Comic-Con 2014

trekgate502

Well it looks like Lego will be back at SDCC this year.

The floor map has a fairly large booth for them.

You can see the show floor layout at -

http://www.comic-con.org/toucan/08sdcc-2014-sdcc-2014-exhibit-hall-map-and-exhibitor-lists-now-online

I have heard that they are going to release a set of some kind perhaps the UCS Tumbler?

I find it interesting that Hasbro and Mattel have announced their items but Lego has not.

Not sure their normal timing.

I wonder if they are going to switch give away and sale processes to avoid all the uproar over how last years was handled?

Anyone have any information or rumors on what is to come?

July 24-27 in San Diego, CA.  I don't attend but I buy stuff from the ones who flip the exclusives on ebay.  I've already preordered from ebay my hot wheels and transformers items.  Evaluating the Hallmark and some other items as well.  Waiting for the Lego announcements.  Pocket book can only go so far.

LEGO usually waits until just before Comic-Con to announce their exclusives and giveaways, but sometimes it's a secret up until people show up at their booth on Preview night. Good luck because SDCC exclusives are a real bear to track down even if you are there in person and LEGO has had some of the hardest exclusives to get in my experience attending the last 4 years.

• Like 1

This month sees comic con 2014, something I have taken interest in the last couple of years, even tough I won't ever go. A bit quiet on 2015 set news, do you think we will see any uncoverings, or is it to early, do you think we will see the new tumbler perhaps. What do you think we may see freebie figure wise?

I know Hobbit fans are eagerly anticipating a set showing for SDCC. 

Are there any other DC/Marvel/Guardians of the Galaxy figures that could become giveaways?  With Azog being last years' big one, I would think it wouldn't be another Hobbit figure.  Next year will be very Star Wars heavy, but that is too far away I would think to have anything for 2014 SDCC.  I just don't keep up on the comic book movies to know what is coming out next to know where they will try to market the hardest. 

I don't remember any UCS being revealed at SDCC in the past, but I could be wrong.

I know Hobbit fans are eagerly anticipating a set showing for SDCC. 

Are there any other DC/Marvel/Guardians of the Galaxy figures that could become giveaways?  With Azog being last years' big one, I would think it wouldn't be another Hobbit figure.  Next year will be very Star Wars heavy, but that is too far away I would think to have anything for 2014 SDCC.  I just don't keep up on the comic book movies to know what is coming out next to know where they will try to market the hardest. 

I don't remember any UCS being revealed at SDCC in the past, but I could be wrong.

Yep... Cannot wait for Hobbit set reveals!!!!

• Like 1

I'll be there.  I've been going for the last 30 years (!!!!).  It's a never miss for me.

I was only able to get Thursday and Sunday tickets this year, though.

I'll be easy to find - I'm actually cosplaying this year.  I'll be going as our favorite little Lego construction worker.  And while I would love to have me some Lego exclusives, I'm convinced it will never happen.

So you're going as Gail? :)  Sounds awesome!  You should be able to get the store exclusive on Thursday or Sunday.  But the giveaway...maybe not. LOL

Gail.  Nailed it.  :rofl:

Do we have any idea what the store exclusive is this year?

If last year's store exclusive was the Delorian, that never happened for me.  I was there for Thursday and Friday.  Friday morning, I was early, saw the doors open, went straight to the Lego booth, and it was already packed, and told it was too late.  I talked with one of the employees, who mentioned the booth was already packed and the line was full when she got to the booth 30 minutes before the floor was to open.

Who knows, maybe showing up as Emmet will get me *something* cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I will do my best to get it.  I'll head straight to the booth the two days I'll be there to try.  If it's like last year, even at 10am (floor opening), I will be shut out.  Even the Lego employees were shocked that the line was already capped when they showed up at 9:45 to start working.  How those people got in was a "mystery."

I will do my best to get it.  I'll head straight to the booth the two days I'll be there to try.  If it's like last year, even at 10am (floor opening), I will be shut out.  Even the Lego employees were shocked that the line was already capped when they showed up at 9:45 to start working.  How those people got in was a "mystery."

They must not do very well at controlling the show floor there either.  Star Wars Celebration also has the same problem.  We always have regular 4-day badges and some nice workers would always let us in early.  When the Jedi Knight and VIP badge holders show up when the doors open, they usually flip out.  They have a separate line and are let in before the regular badge holders.  It's a weird feeling when you've been in line for a 1/2 hour, waiting for the doors to open, and then a rush of people come running at you to get in line.  I can only imagine how the poor people working the booths feel.

40 bones for a 145 piece set....

That is nothing for a limited edition SDCC exclusive.  They have always been overpriced, but the secondary market prices will probably be $100-120 so demand is there for the limited number that they produce.  I think the simple 3 minifigure Star Wars packs they did a few years ago were like $50.