San Diego Comic-Con 2014

trekgate502

I agree with you. That being said I really need to have a Bard in my LOTR Hobbit collection. I can buy it now for $300. Should I buy it to be safe? I don't want it to hit $600 like Azog. I do think chances are better with 1,750. But I have to have one to complete my collection of LOTR Hobbit. Maybe it will fall to $150 by end of the week. Opinion?

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-sdcc-2014-bard-bowman-minifig-exclusive/

Apparently bard will show up later

To the completist it is not about if the figure is identical.  It is owning 1 of every unique sku #.  For some it matters, for others it does not.

I want one of every LOTR Hobbit sku # in my collection.  I bought a bard for 150 and have an azog sdcc too.  You can still fetch $350-450 (slowly) for the SDCC azog on ebay.

It's cute.  Is it wait-in-line-for-1 1/2-hours-for-a-chance-to-win-it cute?  Not really.  No regrets getting out of line.  I'm seeing prices from $70 to $200 on eBay.  I feel bad for the $200 people, since there are enough in 2 digits.

Hopefully we'll get her in another set, though.

These minifig prices shouldn't be too high compared to last year. I think they will probably end up in the $150-200 range, with the dc and marvel figures getting the higher prices. People hoping to get more than that should probably sell soon, I think. They made about 6x as many of these as last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Does anyone know if Batman Zur-En-Arrh will be coming out in a set? While some of the other minifigs will be in sets, this minifig is obscure enough I'm not so sure. The SDCC exclusive might actually be exclusive ... LOL. I hope it is re-released, I don't have the $$ to spend on one but really want one also

Does anyone know if Batman Zur-En-Arrh will be coming out in a set? While some of the other minifigs will be in sets, this minifig is obscure enough I'm not so sure. The SDCC exclusive might actually be exclusive ... LOL. I hope it is re-released, I don't have the $$ to spend on one but really want one also

I can't imagine a set where it would work, but who knows?

I can't imagine a set where it would work, but who knows?

If I asked you what the probability was that we would see Batman in a white space outfit at sometime, what would you have said?  They going to have to start doing something different, but I also doubt they'll put it in a set just to keep it exclusive.

If I asked you what the probability was that we would see Batman in a white space outfit at sometime, what would you have said?  They going to have to start doing something different, but I also doubt they'll put it in a set just to keep it exclusive.

Scuba Batman, Space Batman and Arctic Batman follow the lines of action figures where they put them in a different suit to sell a new toy. This seems more like a niche  story product, designed specifically to appeal to Comic Con fans. There is a precedent of putting an exclusive figure in a set (Azog, Bilbo etc), so they could really go either way.

I doubt the SDCC 2014 Batman shows up in a set.  They have plenty of other costume variations to choose from and so far the following exclusive Super Hero minifigs have not been re-released:

Shazam

Bizarro

Phoenix (green costume)

Spider-man (black costume)

Green Arrow

Superman (black suit)

Spider-woman

• Like 1

Scuba Batman, Space Batman and Arctic Batman follow the lines of action figures where they put them in a different suit to sell a new toy. This seems more like a niche  story product, designed specifically to appeal to Comic Con fans. There is a precedent of putting an exclusive figure in a set (Azog, Bilbo etc), so they could really go either way.

True.  Which is also why I think it will stay exclusive, but who knows.  If they run out of suits/ideas for Batman, I wouldn't put it past them to pull this idea out.

You mean this one?

No the other Batman in the white spacesuit.

Do they have exclusive comic con Lego minifigs at the New York City comic con? I live on the east coast and that comic con is a lot easier for me to attend. Maybe next year I'll have enough money and time to go to SDCC, but for now NYCCC will do.

I only remember there being four exclusive minifigures given out for the San Diego Comic-Con last year but nothing for the New York one. It was due to Lego already being up there in New York with the unveiling of that jumbo sized X-Wing where they gave out "New York, I Love" Yodas therefore they decided to sit out the New York Comic-Con. They should be there for this year though so I imagine they will give out the same characters once more.

Any set with Bat-Mite ?

14399693234_30a8f8533f_b.jpg
  • Like 1

This is true, and there are a lot of crazy batman fans who want every variation, myself included!   It also creates something new to break up the monotony.  It would get pretty boring if super heroes never had a costume change.

I only remember there being four exclusive minifigures given out for the San Diego Comic-Con last year but nothing for the New York one. It was due to Lego already being up there in New York with the unveiling of that jumbo sized X-Wing where they gave out "New York, I Love" Yodas therefore they decided to sit out the New York Comic-Con. They should be there for this year though so I imagine they will give out the same characters once more.

I don't think they give away exclusives at the NY Comic Con and if they do they're not the same ones since they're made in limited quantities.

This is true, and there are a lot of crazy batman fans who want every variation, myself included!   It also creates something new to break up the monotony.  It would get pretty boring if super heroes never had a costume change.

Good thing I am NOT a completist, it is too expensive for my blood.  HOWEVER, I do not know what I would do should they release a LEGO Gotham by Gaslight Batman  :heat: