Materials guide for LEGO selling & shipping including postage box sizes

So I've scanned Amazon and can't find cardboard box to post Winter Village Cottage (19" x 15" x 3"). Anyone here from EU that can advise please? Thanks. Really need to send this tomorrow am for eBay sale. 

Also looking for a good link to buy boxes to send Lego in general as I offload my collection

1 hour ago, maestro said:

So I've scanned Amazon and can't find cardboard box to post Winter Village Cottage (19" x 15" x 3"). Anyone here from EU that can advise please? Thanks. Really need to send this tomorrow am for eBay sale. 

Also looking for a good link to buy boxes to send Lego in general as I offload my collection

I’ve found Davpack OK for medium to small sized boxes.

https://www.davpack.co.uk/

• Thanks 1

Just now, maestro said:

Thanks for that. Any non-UK ones? Anything I've ordered from UK in last while has taken a very long time to deliver to Ireland

Sorry I am UK based and have only used UK companies. TBH I have seen significant leads times on all semi custom boxes for some time so I am ordering 6m out to make sure I have coverage.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bartat said:

Sorry I am UK based and have only used UK companies. TBH I have seen significant leads times on all semi custom boxes for some time so I am ordering 6m out to make sure I have coverage.

That is good to know thank you. I only started eBay selling recently so good to be made aware of possible issues.

2 hours ago, maestro said:

I always use 20x14x4 for those.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I always use 20x14x4 for those.

Thank you, I couldn't find that size on Amazon but maybe wasn't searching enough.

Perhaps this has been asked before but it doesn't take much bubble wrap around the set to take up the space in the box. What is the ideal distance between the Lego set and the surface of the cardboard box on all sides?

59 minutes ago, maestro said:

Thank you, I couldn't find that size on Amazon but maybe wasn't searching enough.

Perhaps this has been asked before but it doesn't take much bubble wrap around the set to take up the space in the box. What is the ideal distance between the Lego set and the surface of the cardboard box on all sides?

I only use paper.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Banjoman said:

Amazon has specs of most sets on their listings

I find BrickSet more accurate more often.  And don't complain about the pop-ups if you haven't logged in to the site.  Once you log in, the pop-ups disappear.  I last signed in about two years ago and don't think that I've had to since.

https://brickset.com/sets/21046-1/Empire-State-Building

Edited by raindog

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SLL said:

Did paypal drop UPS option after migrated to shipstation? Don't see UPS anymore in my paypal / shipstation account, or is there anything I need to config?

Thanks

Did PayPal ever have UPS? I literally joined some other shipment platform to ship a present to my brother with UPS last year. I know PirateShip recently added UPS, maybe just use them?

16 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

Did PayPal ever have UPS? I literally joined some other shipment platform to ship a present to my brother with UPS last year. I know PirateShip recently added UPS, maybe just use them?

Thanks, will try PrateShip.

And yes, paypal had UPS for a long time. With the migration to shipstation, UPS is now dropped as well as the usps first class. And, you can't generate international label anymore. bummer.

12 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

Can anyone say if it is worth moving shipping over to PirateShip? I saw that that was a thing a few weeks ago but really don't know much about it.

For eBay and Amazon sales, you forfeit any shipping protection those platforms may give you by buying postage from outside the platforms.

Having said that, PirateShip has been my backup postage provider for 2 years and so far I have no complaint.  Supposedly you can import sales from other platforms to it but I have not used that tool myself.

8 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

Can anyone say if it is worth moving shipping over to PirateShip? I saw that that was a thing a few weeks ago but really don't know much about it.

1 minute ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

interested to see thoughts on this as well. also wondering how costs compare. 

one thing I can tell you is shipstation s*cks, more expensive and less option.

Pirateship usps label is fine, discount is decent. But if I am selling on ebay, I tend to use its own label for exact the reason @Darth_Raichu mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

If you are how they end up looking (shipping them), I would box each separately, then box together.

Yes original Lego set box must be preserved. I have often received a large double walled box from Lego online with 3 sets in it. All perfect

• 2 weeks later...

My airbags are taking up a lot of space in my store room and my wife perceives this as me having more LEGO than I actually do. What packing paper does everyone use! Plain old Kraft paper? Something else? Might be nice to have a filler option that’s smaller than all the airbags I have.

Edited by Brystheguy

5 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

My airbags are taking up a lot of space in my store room and my perceives this as having more LEGO than I actually do. What packing paper does everyone use! Plain old Kraft paper? Something else? Might be nice to have a filler option that’s smaller than all the airbags I have.

All airbags go in the trash. I can sometimes get this roll for $30.

Pratt Multipurpose Kraft Paper Sheet for Packaging Wrap, KPR30241200R, 1200' Length x 24" Width, Kraft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AI652CM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_FWAFYHH2HQMST9VPMGKS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1