Materials guide for LEGO selling & shipping including postage box sizes

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

So the 20" wide box is too narrow?

no, i'm sorry, i should be more clear. so i'm noticing that these other LEGO boxes are more wide than the modulars that came before. Downtown Diner is 15"'s wide I believe. so my current set of 24x16x4/6 works just fine. now that Barracuda Bay, Nintendo, Tree House, Corner Garage are 19"'s wide i'm looking for a new size box for these bigger sets.

Rough measure of the box puts them at: 23x19x5. So thinking a 24x20x6 so there is some space for bubble wrap/paper to protect corners and sides. I was just wondering if folks had a line on that size box and where to get it. 

1 hour ago, Gonkalin said:

I keep 26 x 20 x 6

that seems like a good one, maybe a tad bit too long, but mind sharing where you get it from? 

Edited by MotorCityMuscle
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mrsl8r said:

Yup.  I bought mine in December of 2017, still going strong and I use it daily.  The labels are $20 for 500, which isn't bad either considering the time it saves.

Agreed. I splurged and bought this even though I only sell maybe 10-15 items or so a week. Uses no ink, you save on tape, paper, and time(!) cutting and taping a paper label to a box. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 1:55 PM, stackables said:

Contemplating getting a label printer.  I don't do a lot of selling but I do trade minifigures.  What printer do most use?  Should I go with a printer that can do 4x6 or are the much cheaper 2/7s fine. 

On 8/30/2020 at 1:57 PM, minicoopers11 said:

I use rollo for 4x6.

So my trusty wireless printer just died. Seams to be the power supply on the Old Canon pixma MG5420.  Was really contemplating the mentioned Rollo for my shipping needs, but i need to also print full size and like to print photos. So for now I need equivalent replacement or better.  Anyone have a recommendation to consider in my search?

Is there any good sites that help you calculate shipping between services?  I know ebay has something but I am selling outside of ebay.  Need to ship a large package and don't want to spend $52 to ship it to CA.

PayPal has a service where you can ship without an invoice so long as you know the address. It’s what I use to calculate shipping for bricklink orders.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now