Materials guide for LEGO selling & shipping including postage box sizes

I bought a scotch brand tape gun a couple years ago and I've never gotten the hang of it. I've been using the same Duck brand 3" core plastic dispenser for like 12 years. Anyone have a dispenser they swear by? Duck makes a really nice small core one but I've got so much 3" core tape already on hand. Obviously overthinking but that's what I do.

1 hour ago, keymomachine said:

I bought a scotch brand tape gun a couple years ago and I've never gotten the hang of it. I've been using the same Duck brand 3" core plastic dispenser for like 12 years. Anyone have a dispenser they swear by? Duck makes a really nice small core one but I've got so much 3" core tape already on hand. Obviously overthinking but that's what I do.

I use these without an issue.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWZ9EDP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone here have a uline free shipping code that actually works? Maybe a unique one that they don't plan on using before it expires? PM me if you do. I was going to place an order today and thought I'd at least check to see if there are any useful codes out there. Thanks!

2 hours ago, pharmjod said:

Anyone here have a uline free shipping code that actually works? Maybe a unique one that they don't plan on using before it expires? PM me if you do. I was going to place an order today and thought I'd at least check to see if there are any useful codes out there. Thanks!

next one starts 6/10  FVULXR

they only change the 2nd letter on those so can basically go through the alphabet trying them to see,  they'll either say expired or doesn't exist until the next one that is coming up shows up.

Edited by ravenb99

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Figured I’d ask this here.

Does anyone have any recommendations for rolling shelving racks? I have limited space so easy movement of boxed sets is ideal for my setup.

Something like the attached image, just figured I’d fish for a recommendation before diving into amazon. Thanks!

786136a39cc972e055b2b2d1e20ae814.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use this one from Costco when they have it in store for under $100.  They are getting more expensive by the year.  This is only 18" deep so it is too narrow for the $100+ MSRP sets, but not bad for $70ish sets

https://www.costco.com/trinity-6-tier-wire-shelving-rack%2c-48"-x-18"-x-72"-nsf%2c-includes-wheels.product.100412448.html

Looks like Costco has 24" deep rack on their website.  These wider racks would probably be harder to maneuver in limited space.   

https://www.costco.com/.product.100143963.html

One thing to consider is whatever you put on the shelves are going to shift a bit and even fall down to the floor when you move the rack  This can be minimized by putting the sets in bins instead of directly on shelves, but this also means you won't be able to maximize the space usage for each shelf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scatttcat said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for rolling shelving racks? I have limited space so easy movement of boxed sets is ideal for my setup.

Something like the attached image, just figured I’d fish for a recommendation before diving into amazon. Thanks!

image.png.cd9616c3978f8d9688a33009649b8c68.png

I've built myself a pretty functional archival rolling rack system with appliance rollers attached to 48 x 24" boltless shelving. But I love tinkering and doing silly stuff like this. I also keep my sets boxed like this to keep dust off them and protect them from any possible basement moisture.

I'm sure the wire shelving system would work great. I use a big 48 x 18" one from Target as my pantry shelf - very sturdy. They used to sell a wheel kit for theirs that was really nice and way underpriced but it seems like they maybe got wise to that and discontinued it. You can also buy covers for the standard size shelves or cut your own from various materials if you see the need.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

One thing to consider is whatever you put on the shelves are going to shift a bit and even fall down to the floor when you move the rack 

I've never had that problem.  Medium and large sets, I store on edge.  For <$20 sets, I just lay flat and stack.  

Edited by raindog

5 hours ago, scatttcat said:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tough-4-Tier-Wire-Shelf-Unit-Black-18-Dx48-W-Capacity-2400-lbs/54876416

Just came across these, seems like it would work nicely, even comes with the casters and shelf covers.

Any suggestions on what people are using for Storage-quality tape?  I have been working off a huge stock of Duck HP260, but am about to run out and need to reorder. Looks like the price has gone astronomical since that last bulk order a few years ago. And there appear to be plenty of cheap alternatives out there.
I pack sets in advance of selling them. Some sit for a year or more before they finally ship. Some sets go into deep storage. In both cases, I need a tape that will stay on for the long haul and also survive shipping afterwards. Most tape reviews only focus on the latter.  The HP260 had performed admirably.  Just can’t choke the $40 Amazon wants for 8 rolls now!

I’m curious to hear what people here have found.
Thanks!

13 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

Any suggestions on what people are using for Storage-quality tape?  I have been working off a huge stock of Duck HP260, but am about to run out and need to reorder. Looks like the price has gone astronomical since that last bulk order a few years ago. And there appear to be plenty of cheap alternatives out there.
I pack sets in advance of selling them. Some sit for a year or more before they finally ship. Some sets go into deep storage. In both cases, I need a tape that will stay on for the long haul and also survive shipping afterwards. Most tape reviews only focus on the latter.  The HP260 had performed admirably.  Just can’t choke the $40 Amazon wants for 8 rolls now!

I’m curious to hear what people here have found.
Thanks!

I like this stuff and it's comparable to the Staples tape I've always used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QDYN9VR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, exciter1 said:

After many years, I finally tried these sticker removal tools. Apply some heat and use one of these and they work miracles compared to trying to scrape up a corner with a razor blade.

https://www.amazon.com/Scotty-Peelers-Label-Sticker-Remover/dp/B0068QIQVA/

Wow, sometimes you think you know the sellers on there.  Who are you?

• Haha 1