Materials guide for LEGO selling & shipping including postage box sizes

20 minutes ago, outatime said:

Hi Guys

Sold a bunch of Ecto1's on eBay, just shipping via ebay and getting costs of $16 to UT, AK and other states, I have  never sold much before but does this cost seem about normal?  Looking at the list of box sizes nothing really covers the size so I its chosen custom size.   Box size is about 2lb 4 x 8 x 13.  

Thank you

After getting burned a couple times with "Free Shipping" to Alaska, I excluded them and Hawaii from my buyer's list. I'm Midwest and most of my stuff goes to the coasts, so my costs are fairly predictable no matter which direction it goes. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried to order Coastwide Pro boxes on Staples, I can add to cart and check out fine. But it cancelled immediately. Anyone had the same problem?

Coastwide Professional™ 20" x 16" x 14", 200# Mullen Rated, Multi-Depth Shipping Boxes, 20/Bundle (CW57110)

Coastwide Professional™ 24" x 20" x 12", 200# Mullen Rated, Shipping Boxes, 10/Bundle (CW57152)

At this time we are not able to fulfill your order for the items listed below. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. You have not been billed for the items and the pending credit authorization will be released within 3 to 7 business days or in accordance with the policies set out by your credit provider.

Edited by toni8284

• 4 weeks later...

Ask for recommendations from UK Brickpickers out there for shipping box suppliers. Local supplier I have used has gone bust and I'm looking for someone to supply boxes esp. for medium and large sets. I've trawled the forums here but could not find a recent recommendation. Struggling to find 20 x 16 x 4, 24 x 16 x 4 or 28 x 20 x 8 boxes (all sizes in inches) for a reasonable price. Finding suppliers for smaller boxes is OK but these sizes are eluding me. Tried Kite packaging and Raja but not happy with their selection / price unless I'm being too picky.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

anyone found a good multi-depth box with the dimensions: 24" x 20" x 12" multi depth box or similar? looking for one solution to tackle the roller coaster, disney castle and some of the bigger sets. 

Isn't 24x20x8 large enough?

20 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

think the coaster is super close to that. either way, do you have a good recco? cannot seem to find these damn sizes very well

Well, packs of 20 appear to be norm right now, so $4 each is about the best you'll do from Amazon or EBay. I'm not sure how good Uline would be once you add shipping.

3 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

anyone found a good multi-depth box with the dimensions: 24" x 20" x 12" multi depth box or similar? looking for one solution to tackle the roller coaster, disney castle and some of the bigger sets. 

Yes, it's called the LEGO store.  Find out the day that they receive trucks and stock.  Ask them to let you have the shipping boxes for those sets.  Break them down and rebuild them when needed.  My store was always happy to save me boxes IF I picked them up the same day that they emptied them.  Assuming that you live close to a store, it never hurts to build up a good relationship with the LEGO employees.  I lived 70 miles away from my closest store and still had an excellent relationship with them.  Then, they closed the store down and now the nearest store is 135 miles away  :(

So I've gotten a few BL orders that being multiple set orders are pushing my box sizes to ship together. So my preemptive question is what do I do shipping wise through PayPal if can't fit them all in one box. This may be something answered easily when It does happen,  but if not I was just looking for some expert advise. Thanks in advance:)

+Caleb

4 hours ago, Belac said:

So I've gotten a few BL orders that being multiple set orders are pushing my box sizes to ship together. So my preemptive question is what do I do shipping wise through PayPal if can't fit them all in one box. This may be something answered easily when It does happen,  but if not I was just looking for some expert advise. Thanks in advance:)

+Caleb

After you generate a label, there is an option to create another label for this order.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'm switching to LTL this year so I'm looking to stock up on like sized boxes.  What is the consensus for where to get boxes for large sets right now?  The 18x18x24 seem to be popular from HD/Walmart/etc but they obviously don't fit the large sets.  I can pick up locally from Uline but was wondering what my options are.  Uhaul?

I'm switching to LTL this year so I'm looking to stock up on like sized boxes.  What is the consensus for where to get boxes for large sets right now?  The 18x18x24 seem to be popular from HD/Walmart/etc but they obviously don't fit the large sets.  I can pick up locally from Uline but was wondering what my options are.  Uhaul?
Staples is always an option.

Yay LEGO!