Materials guide for LEGO selling & shipping including postage box sizes

Where do you buy large bubble wrap like this and what you commonly use for shipping e934e1cc13b7fef3509a7cd94e381729.jpg
Idk what size is that but prob 1”1/4

https://www.foambubble.com/what-size-bubble-wrap-do-i-need
I rarely ever use bubble wrap, only on sets where I know for a fact the customer is wanting perfect boxes... ie LM2 brickheadz and one Vader bust bust the buyer messaged me about box condition. If I use anything I prefer brown paper as it has more give than bubble wrap. But most of the time I just ship in the right size box and I have never heard a word back about box condition.
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

I rarely ever use bubble wrap, only on sets where I know for a fact the customer is wanting perfect boxes... ie LM2 brickheadz and one Vader bust bust the buyer messaged me about box condition. If I use anything I prefer brown paper as it has more give than bubble wrap. But most of the time I just ship in the right size box and I have never heard a word back about box condition.

I recently switched to brown paper, best thing ever.

• Like 1

The paper is heavy, if you ask me.
If 1 extra ounce for the weight of paper sends my package into a new price bracket then I use one or two of the air pillows I get from buying from the online retailers. Unless it is a high value set, then I still use paper and just eat the extra cost. But for $20-$50 sets it is air pillows all day every day.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
34 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

If 1 extra ounce for the weight of paper sends my package into a new price bracket then I use one or two of the air pillows I get from buying from the online retailers. Unless it is a high value set, then I still use paper and just eat the extra cost. But for $20-$50 sets it is air pillows all day every day.

are you all using anything to protect corners? or are you using paper, etc., to create that cushion between sides to keep corners away?

9 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
39 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

its more a space issue for me, i just don't have the room for Air Pillows, I'll use them if I have them.  As far as weight goes, it really only matters for staying under 16oz and I don't run into that very often.  Also, I've noticed that since I switched to paper I get more comments about the quality of my shipping.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

are you all using anything to protect corners? or are you using paper, etc., to create that cushion between sides to keep corners away?

Yes, you can corrugate the paper in the corners to make a tight cushion.

5 hours ago, zaphoid said:

its more a space issue for me, i just don't have the room for Air Pillows, I'll use them if I have them.  As far as weight goes, it really only matters for staying under 16oz and I don't run into that very often.  Also, I've noticed that since I switched to paper I get more comments about the quality of my shipping.

The eternal conversation continues: paper or plastic...

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

does anyone have a line on the best boxes to use for the larger modulars and newer big sets? looking at sets like corner garage, barracuda bay, new nintendo. they seem to be around 24x20x6'ish. which gives a bit of room on each side for two layers of bubble wrap. anyone have a brand/size/store recommendation that have been shipping similar sets?

thanks in advance. 

12 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

does anyone have a line on the best boxes to use for the larger modulars and newer big sets? looking at sets like corner garage, barracuda bay, new nintendo. they seem to be around 24x20x6'ish. which gives a bit of room on each side for two layers of bubble wrap. anyone have a brand/size/store recommendation that have been shipping similar sets?

thanks in advance. 

Always gotten mine from Staples.  Wait for a discount code as they have them fairly regularly.  I've been getting some from Amazon lately as well.  Uline has very nice boxes, but they are very proud of them and price them accordingly.

6 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Always gotten mine from Staples.  Wait for a discount code as they have them fairly regularly.  I've been getting some from Amazon lately as well.  Uline has very nice boxes, but they are very proud of them and price them accordingly.

that's usually where i get mine as well, but this particular size is a bit different from the normal modular box i use. they are a bit wider it seems. curious, do you know a good equivalent at Staples?