Materials guide for LEGO selling & shipping including postage box sizes

On 8/30/2020 at 3:55 PM, stackables said:

Contemplating getting a label printer.  I don't do a lot of selling but I do trade minifigures.  What printer do most use?  Should I go with a printer that can do 4x6 or are the much cheaper 2/7s fine. 

A little late to the game but, after selling online for almost 10 years, I now use the Brother QL-1100 for all my label printing.  I wished that I had bought it years ago.  It runs just fine on generic labels, as long as it has the black box on them to tell it to cut.  Oh, it also works with Mac.

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-QL-1100-Postage-Barcode-Professional/dp/B079G51QTB/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=brother+ql-1100&qid=1602285590&sr=8-3

aaa.jpg

Edited by raindog
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 4:21 PM, raindog said:

A little late to the game but, after selling online for almost 10 years, I now use the Brother QL-1100 for all my label printing.  I wished that I had bought it years ago.  It runs just fine on generic labels, as long as it has the black box on them to tell it to cut.  Oh, it also works with Mac.

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-QL-1100-Postage-Barcode-Professional/dp/B079G51QTB/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=brother+ql-1100&qid=1602285590&sr=8-3

I have a Zebra that I could never get to work with my Mac.  From what I've read, it seems most people can't get this to work properly or at least it was a lot of trouble.  It's a been a few years, but I couldn't get CUPS to work either.  How did you go about getting it to work with your Mac?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Just got a bunch of these

cheapest by far

free shipping over 50

i cant fathom how they make money after shipping costs

https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/1/Double-Wall-Boxes/

if anyone has other good source of double wall boxes please share 

uline is too expensive with shipping

i need some funky sizes

I guess you should caption with "storage boxes"?

9 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I guess you should caption with "storage boxes"?

I use these to ship. I dont like sending in single walls since they can get bashed up. i understand its only a small chance but i like the comfort. also, yes, they store and stack amazingly in these. I can fit like 7 campervans in the large one and its only 4.89$ when you factor in the savings if you do fba you come out ahead by sending more in 1 box vs 3/4 in 2 separate boxes

14 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I use these to ship. I dont like sending in single walls since they can get bashed up. i understand its only a small chance but i like the comfort. also, yes, they store and stack amazingly in these. I can fit like 7 campervans in the large one and its only 4.89$ when you factor in the savings if you do fba you come out ahead by sending more in 1 box vs 3/4 in 2 separate boxes

Just making sure you weren’t shipping individual sets in those.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, cmartin33 said:

I wouldn't use these if you sell on Amazon as their max dimension limit is 25".

Funny, I never knew this until just last week and have been doing FBA for years.  I have always routinely used the Target 3' boxes and other large boxes that Amazon sends me and never had an issue..  I've amended my practices since, but oh well.

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

Funny, I never knew this until just last week and have been doing FBA for years.  I have always routinely used the Target 3' boxes and other large boxes that Amazon sends me and never had an issue..  I've amended my practices since, but oh well.

I do not think this is enforced 100% by all FCs.  I used to do the same thing until I got a warning for 1st offense

21 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I thought that was only for non-oversized items. I thought oversized can go in >25", no?

no even if the item is classified oversized only if the item is larger then 25 can you send it in with a box larger then 25 

has anybody found that they are  enforcing it much more stringently lately

ive heard from people that got violations that in the past have not received violations

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

did you get a violation last week for it or did you find out the rules last week

If you are an actual business, find a local packaging company. The prices are way below retail. If you can't find that, WB mason is another business option - they offer free shipping and will price match competitors. Third option is Uline.com - They have everything you could possibly want, and their ground shipping is quick due to multiple warehouses. I like them when I need something the next day, but you pay for it for sure. 

52 minutes ago, president89 said:

If you are an actual business, find a local packaging company. The prices are way below retail. If you can't find that, WB mason is another business option - they offer free shipping and will price match competitors. Third option is Uline.com - They have everything you could possibly want, and their ground shipping is quick due to multiple warehouses. I like them when I need something the next day, but you pay for it for sure. 

My local packaging companies are charging 5-6$ per 22 cube and 24 cube. That is double what I normally pay. It would be cheaper to buy the heavy duty home depot boxes honestly.

24 minutes ago, landphieran said:

My local packaging companies are charging 5-6$ per 22 cube and 24 cube. That is double what I normally pay. It would be cheaper to buy the heavy duty home depot boxes honestly.

I can buy a 24" cube for $3.87. My comment wasn't specific to FBA. 

Here are a couple of sample sizes that I buy locally with prices. I spend $225 to get the free shipping. I stock up for months. I do merchant fullfill stuff though.

24x18x18 - $2.59

16 X 12 X 4  $.91 

Hi Guys

Sold a bunch of Ecto1's on eBay, just shipping via ebay and getting costs of $16 to UT, AK and other states, I have  never sold much before but does this cost seem about normal?  Looking at the list of box sizes nothing really covers the size so I its chosen custom size.   Box size is about 2lb 4 x 8 x 13.  

Thank you

Just now, outatime said:

Hi Guys

Sold a bunch of Ecto1's on eBay, just shipping via ebay and getting costs of $16 to UT, AK and other states, I have  never sold much before but does this cost seem about normal?  Looking at the list of box sizes nothing really covers the size so I its chosen custom size.   Box size is about 2lb 4 x 8 x 13.  

Thank you

I usually ship these in 16x10x4 boxes (easiest to find).  Depending on where you are shipping from, this sounds about right.  If you are in California, it would probably be closer to $10.