Materials guide for LEGO selling & shipping including postage box sizes

On 7/20/2019 at 5:52 PM, stackables said:

It is literally cheaper to ship to separate boxes than combine into one package.  Fedex looks to be a lot cheaper but I have never used them to ship before. Check that about fedex, they just give me a huge discount but the buyer would still pay a lot.

I used fedex a lot, never had an issue. In your case, you may want to take a look at fedex smartpost. The downside of using it is it typically takes a lot longer than the normal service, but in most cases, the package should be delivered in 7 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided I'm going to start boxing some of my higher value small sets before sending them in to amazon fba, had too many crushed returns due to amazon being lazy with mailing them in envelopes. I ordered:

14x8x4

10x8x3

8x6x3

5x4x3

If anyone can think of a common small size I missed please let me know. Also I think the 8x6x3's from amazon are a pretty good deal right now at $8.75 for 25ct, free prime shipping for those who are interested: 

https://www.amazon.com/Partners-Brand-P863-Corrugated-Boxes/dp/B01EN0WC5S/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Partners+Brand+P863+Flat+Corrugated+Boxes%2C+8"L+x+6"W+x+3"H%2C+Kraft+(Pack+of+25)&qid=1566023594&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Edited by isocleas
Not sure why I was quoting myself
  • Like 1

For what it's worth, I went with the Rollo, https://www.amazon.com/ROLLO-Label-Printer-Commercial-Compatible/dp/B01MA3EYC5, and I've been happy with it.  It's compatible with many brands of labels, and even works with Linux. 

I use chromebook for printing (samsung 2020W) labels so WiFi thermal printer way to go? Which one your recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

On 8/20/2019 at 6:19 PM, stackables said:

I have to ship a package to Canada.  I have not done this in a long time.  I assume I just go through paypal still.  Do I have to sign anything or print a separate customs form?  Or is the custom form part of the label?

Yes. You can do customs shipping labels through PayPal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, isocleas said:

Looks like they made some kind of error and have now corrected it. I placed my order at 10am, got an email at 12:30 saying there was an issue with the coupon and they cancelled it. Now all prices are back to retail. 

What a load of crap.  They cancelled my order from 9AM without as much as an email

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:
15 hours ago, stackables said:
I have a shipping question.  What would be the best way to ship an old gobot command center.  The toy in box is already 18x14x9 and around 5.5lbs.  Best box size recommendation and shipping service? Any help would be appreciated.

thruster.thumb.jpg.634c518c0a90bd0c4bfc3a7fbbb1a150.jpg

I suggest a box larger than 18x14x9.

I was going to try a smaller box but unfortunately I don't have any pym particles. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...