Materials guide for LEGO selling & shipping including postage box sizes

2 hours ago, gregpj said:

Bricklink is always your friend for questions like this...

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=53401&in=S

What you heard was false, 8 pieces of straight track are available in two "sets" - 7499 and 7896... however, the chances of finding the better 7896 set in a store are low. Finding 7499 is possible and it's available for a good price on Bricklink.

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?S=7499-1#T=S&O={%22reg%22:%223%22}

I have also found eBay sellers who will accept decent offers on buying multiples and get them to toss the boxes to lower shipping costs if for personal use. You'll never sell the track anyways. ;)

... and it is also possible to just buy loose straight track on ebay or BrickLink, which might (depending on the situation) be cheaper than buying the sets. IIRC 7499 costs $20, and I've been able to get a piece of straight track for ~$2.20 in the past.... yes, I missed out on the fantastic flex track pieces (sarcasm, though they make nice track for a road-embedded track like a streetcar track in a city layout if you cover their inside studs with tile). I did buy 40 or so in one purchase, so shipping wasn't a big factor.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, zskid00 said:

Staples coupon just in time for me to place an order today and use my rewards:

54476_940x50.jpg

Just too late for me..

Placed an order for 100 9x9x9 boxes this morning (not for LEGO purposes) paid $10 with shipping and tax included, after rewards :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that anyone with an eBay store subscription can now redeem their quarterly credit for eBay branded shipping supplies.  Details below:

All Stores subscribers: To take advantage of your eBay-branded shipping supplies coupon, Go to My eBay, Select My Store, and select subscriber discounts. Click on the eBay Shipping Supplies Coupon.

1. Note the coupon code generated
  2. Then go to the eBay Shipping Supplies Store
  3. Enter coupon code at checkout

Note: Coupons are one-time use only and will expire at the end of the quarter, so be sure to redeem them for the full amount at time of purchase.

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

It looks like the 1st link to the Basic Material Guide in the 1st post of the thread is dead. Is there anyway a Mod could fix that if they have a chance? 

Links have been fixed. FYI - if anyone encounters this elsewhere, if you replace the beginning part of the url that pointed to the blog...

http://blog.brickpicker.com/brickvesting

with the new url beginning...

http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/community-lego-blogs

You can at least get to the blog.

• Like 4

What kind of self adhesive shipping labels do you guys get? I finally used up my 2000 shipping labels I purchased from ebay last year but they don't stick much, can easily peel off made of regular paper material type.

Anyone know where I can buy the one's with the shiny looking paper material that is a b*tch to remove?

Edited by Lego_Monsters

I use a cheap $60 laser printer with these labels.

http://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Shipping-Lablels-Inkjet-Printers/dp/B01AH608JO?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Saves a ton of time in cutting and taping labels. For eBay, you'll want to set custom margins so that only the label shows and just print out the first page so that you don't use both labels on the sheet.

• Like 2

Thanks so much for the helpful advice!  I've typically written out my labels old school style but I'm moving up to printed labels. Are there any problems with UPS, Fed Ex or any other shipping company that may not be able to scan the shipping labels if the printer doesn't print too well?  I've had problems with this when I print. Gift cards.  Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the helpful advice!  I've typically written out my labels old school style but I'm moving up to printed labels. Are there any problems with UPS, Fed Ex or any other shipping company that may not be able to scan the shipping labels if the printer doesn't print too well?  I've had problems with this when I print. Gift cards.  Thanks again!

I use a relatively inexpensive Brother printer as well but Brother makes good quality laser printers. I wouldn't use one that doesn't print well. Your tracking is your salvation if there is a dispute with the buyer. No tracking and you automatically lose any case involving item not received.

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2016 at 10:55 AM, zskid00 said:

Just a reminder that anyone with an eBay store subscription can now redeem their quarterly credit for eBay branded shipping supplies.  Details below:

All Stores subscribers: To take advantage of your eBay-branded shipping supplies coupon, Go to My eBay, Select My Store, and select subscriber discounts. Click on the eBay Shipping Supplies Coupon.

1. Note the coupon code generated
  2. Then go to the eBay Shipping Supplies Store
  3. Enter coupon code at checkout

Note: Coupons are one-time use only and will expire at the end of the quarter, so be sure to redeem them for the full amount at time of purchase.

Reminder that this quarters coupon is up. Don't let it go to waste. It's $25 in free supplies. 

Staples finally has a new coupon for shipping boxes and supplies, and this is a good one too at 40% off! I got approximately $250 worth of boxes for $150 pre-tax (also used a $100 gift card from eBay that only cost me $85).

50 - 20"x16"x4"

25 - 24"x12"x4"

25 - 24"x16"x4"

20 - 24"x20"x8"

10 - 24"x20"x6"

Coupon Code:  41839

40% Off Your Regular-priced Packing And Shipping Supplies Purchase Of $75+

Details & Exclusions: Get 40% Off Your Regular-priced Packing and Shipping Supplies purchase of $75 or more. Excludes Daily Deals, Auto Restock orders, stamps and shipping services.Exclusions: Excludes Daily Deals, Auto Restock orders, stamps and shipping services.

• Like 6