Ideas #004: 21103 - The Delorean Time Machine

Mos_Eisley

I love how people are buying these all up now when I all I heard over the past two months is super smack talk and hoping other sets don't go "Delorean".  I've always thought that this was a bada$$ set that will do well no matter what.  BTTF is classic and not some flash in the pan.  I have three.  One for me to build and two to sell later. 

Edited by legodelorean
  • Like 5

I love how people are buying these all up now when I all I heard over the past two months is super smack talk and hoping other sets don't go "Delorean".  I've always thought that this was a bada$$ set that will do well no matter what.  BTTF is classic and not some flash in the pan.  I have three.  One for me to build and two to sell later.

yup, funny! i do recall people making fun of this set. look at them now!

Agreed. The first time I saw them I bought 5 on S&****. I'm up to 13 now.

I tried to buy it on Amazon just now. List price shows 27.99 on sale 7.00 off.  clicked on it to buy. Shows 54.00 in cart!  what up??

its switching you to the cheapest 3rd party seller. it's going in and out of stock. just keep trying until it sticks, but pay attention to what it is before you finalize it

I'd like to go on record and say I wrote a big long post about how this set was going to be a winner. BttF was ranked #3 Sci-Fi movie of all-time by AFI (Star Wars was #5!!!) and lest anyone forget, next year is its 30th anniversary. It's also the year that Marty travels to in BttF II. 2015 is going to be a big year for this Lego set.

• Like 2

I'd like to go on record and say I wrote a big long post about how this set was going to be a winner. BttF was ranked #3 Sci-Fi movie of all-time by AFI (Star Wars was #5!!!) and lest anyone forget, next year is its 30th anniversary. It's also the year that Marty travels to in BttF II. 2015 is going to be a big year for this Lego set.

Uhm, so, it will not retire neither this year nor next?

Quite a few sets got limit on. Started 2 months ago I think

i think amazon puts a limit

a. when a set is @ a discount vs MSRP { limit of 2 now used to be limit of 5 at least till last year. that's going through my purchase record }

b. exclusives and/or hard to find sets { like 10220 etc there was limit of 2. i think.  }

looks like i have been wrong about the performance of this set. i never thought that it would jump to $46.99+$5.49= $52.48 off the door as soon as its availability dried out from major retailers. since it was available for so long for $27.99 i always thought that lot of people/resellers would have pile of them accumulated @ that price and its going to take a while to burn that inventory. apparently, it got a jump directly and is trailing the $34.99 {RRP}.

lets see how fast this is going get above trailing RRP.