LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

But they do collect DNA samples in the store to ensure only one GWP per family. 

I have to start roping in my neighbours. 

As with the other folks here, I don't think lego merges in store and online purchases. I have bought a dozen at a time in store and they did not bat an eyelid. Then again, I visit a store only a few times a year when I'm in Lyon or Paris. 

On 10/26/2021 at 10:15 AM, coelian said:

I have to start roping in my neighbours. 

As with the other folks here, I don't think lego merges in store and online purchases. I have bought a dozen at a time in store and they did not bat an eyelid. Then again, I visit a store only a few times a year when I'm in Lyon or Paris. 

A lot of it will come down to how much the specific store member cares, if there is an arsey manager in on that day and so on. When I worked in retail, my attitude towards bending the rules varied depending on who was running the store at the time.

49 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

any data points for repeat walmart orders?

personally ive done 5 duplicates within 1 hour but has anyone pushed beyond that?

Pretty sure this sort of activity is what got us to the 2 per order thing in first place.  So, by all means, please continue.  You are the data point.

14 minutes ago, carini26 said:

Pretty sure this sort of activity is what got us to the 2 per order thing in first place.  So, by all means, please continue.  You are the data point.

I think this type of argument is often used about how unfair it is to enforce climate change rules on 3rd world countries

older resellers have gotten "theirs" with such practices and now scoff at the newer resellers trying to do the same thing

[sorry for OT..I'll take it to the complaints thread]

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I think this type of argument is often used about how unfair it is to enforce climate change rules on 3rd world countries

older resellers have gotten "theirs" with such practices and now scoff at the newer resellers trying to do the same thing

Yes. I dislike the fake piety. As if everyone sticks to limits perfectly. Lego one gwp per customer only etc.....

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

How much resellers decide to push it are risks they should be willing to assume.  If the upside of snagging an extra 12 - 14 units of one SKU outweighs getting the ban hammer, go nuts. 

My reply had more to do with this sense of entitlement.  I read it as: 'Hey, for everyone who already f*cked up, how far did you go before you f*cked yourself?  I am in the middle of skirting the line and need to know.'

• Haha 2

personally ive done 5 duplicates within 1 hour but has anyone pushed beyond that?
It's been about a year since I've ordered from WM, but I used to do 50-60 orders back to back without any problem.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

That doesn't really make sense...there was no need to place multiple orders when you could order 100 at a time.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

On 11/3/2021 at 10:31 AM, Bricklectic said:

Personally the limit of 2 has kept me from over doing it on any one unit.  You start early enough in the retirement season, you can pretty much pick up the quantities you want without raising flags. Because of that, I stopped wondering how hard anyone pushed it before getting the hammer lol. 

On 11/3/2021 at 2:44 PM, Bricklectic said:

Yes. I dislike the fake piety. As if everyone sticks to limits perfectly. Lego one gwp per customer only etc.....

I've always taken a "pedal to the metal" approach with my buying, but I never saw the sense in not ordering as much as a store would allow me to order out of some sense of beneficence towards the collective good.  Sure, that type of ordering causes retailers to change their policies, but it's not like my holding back is going to make a huge difference when there are plenty of other people out there taking the same approach.  The buying latitude that we get from any retailer at any point in time is inherently temporary...nothing good lasts forever so take full advantage of something that's good when it's available.

9 hours ago, LegoBro said:

Personally the limit of 2 has kept me from over doing it on any one unit.  You start early enough in the retirement season, you can pretty much pick up the quantities you want without raising flags. Because of that, I stopped wondering how hard anyone pushed it before getting the hammer lol. 

Has anyone been banned by WM since they instituted the 2 unit limit?  I was quasi-banned before that went into place with orders being cancelled randomly, but had no problem with any orders with WM after that new limit went into effect.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, redcell said:

Has anyone been banned by WM since they instituted the 2 unit limit?  I was quasi-banned before that went into place with orders being cancelled randomly, but had no problem with any orders with WM after that new limit went into effect.

I was temporary banned by wm last year but it was when they had the $10 GC promo with HS and beauuxbatons carriage. Im 99.99% sure the gc invites more scrutiny, otherwise ive been fine.

On 11/1/2021 at 11:00 AM, tyclin said:

My order was confirmed but received another email stating" it We’re really sorry, but your order didn’t pass our order validation checks and has been cancelled as a result."

Called the customer service, but they could not give any reason and needed to check with another department. And it will take at least 24 hours to know the reason.

Customer service asked me what the code Lego emailed, anyone knows what E13 is.

On 11/1/2021 at 11:15 AM, RedBaron said:

E13 for me was the ultimate ban code.  It took 3 calls to customer service to get someone to actually tell me what it is.  I can't write here what I thought at the time, and I still feel that way.  They will still let you buy in the stores, but not online.  It has definitely affected my buying since I am an hour from the nearest store.  I think this is all about GWP limits, and not product limits.        

On 11/1/2021 at 11:23 AM, brickvoyeur said:

E13 was my ban as well. 

oou.gif.5c167352d1c6b836e7bc5be255a9d6f4.gif

On 9/30/2021 at 12:27 PM, brickvoyeur said:

Last year Amazon was dropshipping direct from Lego. They counted that against your personal quantity limits and linked your Amazon orders to your address.

I placed 3 diner orders directly from Lego and they were canceled a couple hours after ordering. My ban didn't actually get put into place until almost 6 months later randomly between purchases. I reached out to them many times trying to figure out why I was banned, as I never over ordered from them and the best they could give me was that my Diner and Hidden side castle orders went over the limit and that flagged me as a reseller. When I  told them I ordered the Diner's from Amazon, and Lego dropshipped them, that didn't seem to matter. Even worse were the Hidden Side Castles that they canceled each time for being out of stock, then the fourth order was canceled for being over the limit. So I never got a single castle from them, but that was held against me. Got all the castles from Kohl's, who shipped directly.

They did get it right, as I certainly meet the definition of a reseller. I'm just glad they didn't ban my other accounts or the addresses I ship to, just my main account to my house.

From a post I made back in January, months before my random ban.

On 1/9/2021 at 6:12 PM, brickvoyeur said:

Interesting. I never successfully ordered any of the Diner's from Lego. But had some dropshipped from Amazon directly from Lego. Got the "over limit" email from the Diner's I just ordered. 

Apparently when they dropship... they count them against you without giving you the points or promos. 

@tyclin Did they provide you a reason yet? Curious if E13 continues to be the death mark. 

Edited by brickvoyeur

Shopping at kohls is the most frustrating experience in existence. I put through quite a few orders over the black friday sale.

Half were cancelled? Half shipped?
Every time i got a cancellation they forced me to change my password and that numerous login attempts were made and they suspected my account was breached?
I was able to spend 30% of the kohls cash before my orders began being cancelled (following the same password reset process process above).
The kohls cash seems valid (which is different than the permaban I received on an old account of mine).
 May just go to the store and buy 10 dyson vacuums and call it a day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Shopping at kohls is the most frustrating experience in existence. I put through quite a few orders over the black friday sale.

Half were cancelled? Half shipped?
Every time i got a cancellation they forced me to change my password and that numerous login attempts were made and they suspected my account was breached?
I was able to spend 30% of the kohls cash before my orders began being cancelled (following the same password reset process process above).
The kohls cash seems valid (which is different than the permaban I received on an old account of mine).
 May just go to the store and buy 10 dyson vacuums and call it a day.

process includes one more step:

getting your order in 17 separate shipments of 1 and 2 sets each, lovingly smashed in polybags.

although, in their defense, last year when i tried to return because of condition they said just to keep them. so theres that.