10294 - Titanic

HandyHand

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Interesting it is “Modular” in that you can remove the center and still connect it if you need a smaller display or you can buy multiples and make it even longer. 

Still hoping for a minifigure scale lifeboat GWP 

Here is a must have minifigure for it.
TITANIC: History's Most Famous Ship: Bruce Ismay Turns His Back On Titanic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

According to @ravenb99it will remain a Lego Exclusive in the USA so most likely not many chances for a discount. I prefer promos to VIP, but you can wait for double VIP on BF/CM like @HandyHandsuggested but if it is anything like the MILF it will be OOS. 

As for the build the instruction booklets should not be a problem, but it is a microscale build and you may not like it. Look at the beds in the Titanic Vs the bed in a set like Medieval Blacksmith and you will get a sense for what you and your fingertips are up for. Before spending $629 I would suggest going to Target and picking up a cheap architecture set to try first this weekend and see if you enjoy that build, making sure every piece is straight so the finished product looks good. I am foreseeing we will see a few of these for sale on eBay and FBM partially built as people will buy it unknowingly for the wow factor or because it is the Titanic but then give up. 

Yeah architecture build... that's my struggle as I don't enjoy it at all compared to almost all other themes/builds.  However, it's the titanic and it looks really cool.  🤷‍♂️

On 10/15/2021 at 1:12 PM, Pseudoty said:

I prefer promos to VIP, but you can wait for double VIP on BF/CM like @HandyHandsuggested but if it is anything like the MILF it will be OOS. 

Must be a damn good promo to be more valuable than a 10% value in VIP points. With the Titanic at €630 ($630 US) not many GWPs climb above €60 / $60 in resale value. ;) Of course there are exceptions... The mini 1989 Batmobile was an excellent GWP to bring the price of the 1989 Batmobile down for me. :) 

41 minutes ago, HandyHand said:

Must be a damn good promo to be more valuable than a 10% value in VIP points. With the Titanic at €630 ($630 US) not many GWPs climb above €60 / $60 in resale value. ;) Of course there are exceptions... The mini 1989 Batmobile was an excellent GWP to bring the price of the 1989 Batmobile down for me. :) 

Well, you always get 5%, so the tradeoff is $30 vs GWP. But there are occasions with both GWP and double vip. And I assume the Titanic will have a long run, so one can be patient. 

• Like 2

Even without 2X VIP points, one would still get 1X VIP points plus the promo, so in the US the promo only needs to be worth more than $31.50 to be a better deal.  That mark isn't too difficult to hit - even that crappy Roman Chariot that came out with the Coliseum last year brings in $35+ on ebay.  Now, if they would do a nice 250+ piece model of the Titanic in a good-looking box (like they did with the UCS Batmobile), then forget about it!

Edited by Dr Jedi
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 11:28 PM, BrickLover80 said:

Well, you always get 5%, so the tradeoff is $30 vs GWP. But there are occasions with both GWP and double vip. And I assume the Titanic will have a long run, so one can be patient. 

Good point, hadn't thought of that. I'm not in a hurry to get the Titanic asap, so I'll just wait for either a really good worthy GWP or a combination of 2x VIP + GWP. 😀

• 2 weeks later...

I have titanic in-hand. Ready to ship immediately. First on eBay to be able to say that but I have not listed it yet. Just bought it at a lego discovery center with a 5% discount by showing my VIP card. Any ideas on how much to list for? 

352C55E6-094A-4BD4-A0CB-6E08ACF63CF3.jpeg

Edited by Gonkalin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

I have titanic in-hand. Ready to ship immediately. First on eBay to be able to say that but I have not listed it yet. Just bought it at a lego discovery center with a 5% discount by showing my VIP card. Any ideas on how much to list for? 

Enough to make more than $5.00 profit and account for shipping, which can be a fortune if across the country.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

352C55E6-094A-4BD4-A0CB-6E08ACF63CF3.jpeg

lol awesome on titanic and glad you got a T Rex

say again …. “We have a T Rex”

3 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

Still no word on GWP for tomorrow's Sale? 

There isn’t usually a GWP on preorders? If not waiting for 11/8 and hoping it isn’t sold out but don’t mind a BO. The only thing “confirmed” for 11/8 is the coffee stand but nothing Titanic specific yet. Strange thing is we already know the 2 GWP you get with the UCS AT-AT. 

7 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Any reports from the east coast? My store shows no stock on the Titanic, but says the HA house is in stock....

Any lines? Any news?

No stock in my store and can't pre-order any more on SAH either...

Edited by kouks
  • Like 1

My order was confirmed but received another email stating" it We’re really sorry, but your order didn’t pass our order validation checks and has been cancelled as a result."

Called the customer service, but they could not give any reason and needed to check with another department. And it will take at least 24 hours to know the reason.

Customer service asked me what the code Lego emailed, anyone knows what E13 is.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, tyclin said:

My order was confirmed but received another email stating" it We’re really sorry, but your order didn’t pass our order validation checks and has been cancelled as a result."

Called the customer service, but they could not give any reason and needed to check with another department. And it will take at least 24 hours to know the reason.

E13 for me was the ultimate ban code.  It took 3 calls to customer service to get someone to actually tell me what it is.  I can't write here what I thought at the time, and I still feel that way.  They will still let you buy in the stores, but not online.  It has definitely affected my buying since I am an hour from the nearest store.  I think this is all about GWP limits, and not product limits.        

16 minutes ago, tyclin said:

E13 was my ban as well. 

oou.gif.5c167352d1c6b836e7bc5be255a9d6f4.gif

On 9/30/2021 at 12:27 PM, brickvoyeur said:

Last year Amazon was dropshipping direct from Lego. They counted that against your personal quantity limits and linked your Amazon orders to your address.

I placed 3 diner orders directly from Lego and they were canceled a couple hours after ordering. My ban didn't actually get put into place until almost 6 months later randomly between purchases. I reached out to them many times trying to figure out why I was banned, as I never over ordered from them and the best they could give me was that my Diner and Hidden side castle orders went over the limit and that flagged me as a reseller. When I  told them I ordered the Diner's from Amazon, and Lego dropshipped them, that didn't seem to matter. Even worse were the Hidden Side Castles that they canceled each time for being out of stock, then the fourth order was canceled for being over the limit. So I never got a single castle from them, but that was held against me. Got all the castles from Kohl's, who shipped directly.

They did get it right, as I certainly meet the definition of a reseller. I'm just glad they didn't ban my other accounts or the addresses I ship to, just my main account to my house.

From a post I made back in January, months before my random ban.

On 1/9/2021 at 6:12 PM, brickvoyeur said:

Interesting. I never successfully ordered any of the Diner's from Lego. But had some dropshipped from Amazon directly from Lego. Got the "over limit" email from the Diner's I just ordered. 

Apparently when they dropship... they count them against you without giving you the points or promos. 

3 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Last year Amazon was dropshipping direct from Lego. They counted that against your personal quantity limits and linked your Amazon orders to your address.

Lego goes that far to ban? Which means Lego and Amazon team up to ban resellers? Isn't that violating privacy by sharing address?

• Haha 1