10294 - Titanic

HandyHand

For those that don't know video above is a former Lego designer he also did Ship in a Bottle, and he says this is the best Lego set he ever built and that it was not boring and repetitive (like the Colosseum).  I like how easy it is to move. Hopefully they have a great GWP like a to scale life boat with minifigures, and it is available during VIP early access. 

A little more critical but still very good:

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

For those that don't know video is a former Lego designer he also did Ship in a Bottle, and he says this is the best Lego set he ever built and that it was not boring and repetitive (like the Colosseum).  I like how easy it is to move. Hopefully they have a great GWP like a to scale life boat with minifigures, and it is available during VIP early access. 

OMG. That is the perfect GWP idea. Hopefully that's what they've done!!

• Like 1

I believe w/ the release of multiple mega sets...which produces headlines (read = free PR); LEGO is paving new ground on the scale of their models...THIS is just the beginning.

LEGO is likely seeing the "Marquee Effect" meaning they don't need to really sell many of the mega sets...as the PR for LEGO is worth a lot more...what it causes is a one up-manship w/ LEGO needing to top previous highs to capture the same level of PR.

All this and record LEGO profits...it's a good time to be a LEGO fan as we will continue to see bigger and grander sets coming out sooner and sooner

• Like 2

This is a set I'm just going to have make room for. I remember a Craigslist posting years back for a scaled LEGO model of the Titanic with one side cutaway to show detail (the builder bought some Titanic plans and based everything on that). I saved it somewhere on an old computer, who knows where it is now, but the original builder was selling and it was enormous. Was very tempted to pull the trigger then, but definitely will get this set.

2 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

We’ve seen Leto displayed in aquariums, I remember someone posting silent Mary pic in a fish tank but there’s no other way to display this one but in a fish tank. That’s where it truly belongs, underwater. 

That would be me....I just tried to share an updated pic, but I can't get it to upload. The ship is still in the tank...we're getting ready to switch it out to Cichlids...I'm done with boring docile fish!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

We’ve seen Leto displayed in aquariums, I remember someone posting silent Mary pic in a fish tank but there’s no other way to display this one but in a fish tank. That’s where it truly belongs, underwater. 

But where it rests on the ocean floor it looks more like the super star destroyer than anything resembling a ship :D