10294 - Titanic

HandyHand

27 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Here is a list through 2020 of other sets the designer has done or worked on. Interesting how small he started out. Some of these are really good builds.

https://brickset.com/sets/designer-Mike-Psiaki

Ive built roughly half of those sets, mostly the larger ones. What was the small change to the Saturn V he mentions?

Is it tho?    Don't think that's supposed to be the grand staircase. I believe the staircase went from one level to another level below it. Not 6 stories of the ship. 

Also here is a GWP idea. When Robert Ballard discovered the sunken Titanic he used a special submarine. How about a model of the submarine used to discover the Titanic as a GWP? I know everyone wants a iceberg or a lifeboat. But highly unlikely either of those will happen.

2fbe047978e36a5b84ec7e6986955d4c.jpg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

Is it tho?    Don't think that's supposed to be the grand staircase. I believe the staircase went from one level to another level below it. Not 6 stories of the ship. 

That is what Lego is saying it is.  Perhaps we have to use our imaginations?

An authentic scale model
This 1:200 scale model is designed in 3 sections, faithfully recreating the features of the Titanic. The cross section reveals interior details like the first-class dining room the grand staircase, one of the boiler rooms and many cabins from the different passenger classes. Bring the story of the Titanic to life by recreating details such as the ship’s bridge, promenade deck, reading lounge, swimming pool and many more.

22 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

That is what Lego is saying it is.  Perhaps we have to use our imaginations?

An authentic scale model
This 1:200 scale model is designed in 3 sections, faithfully recreating the features of the Titanic. The cross section reveals interior details like the first-class dining room the grand staircase, one of the boiler rooms and many cabins from the different passenger classes. Bring the story of the Titanic to life by recreating details such as the ship’s bridge, promenade deck, reading lounge, swimming pool and many more.

528733330_ScreenShot2021-10-14at10_26_59AM.thumb.png.7d230b95de2659f998e8d0c19bd7aac5.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

Also here is a GWP idea. When Robert Ballard discovered the sunken Titanic he used a special submarine. How about a model of the submarine used to discover the Titanic as a GWP? I know everyone wants a iceberg or a lifeboat. But highly unlikely either of those will happen.

2fbe047978e36a5b84ec7e6986955d4c.jpg

alvin-and-the-chipmunks-christmas.gif

ALVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea why I was so into Titanic as a kid, but I was a bit obsessed. I remember I had this weird punch out paperboard model kit of both the ship AND the wreckage. This was all before the movie. My second cousin, a Harvard Marine Biologist, went gone down in Alvin to study the worms that live near the midatlantic ridge so it was very exciting to me. In middle school as an art class project our grade did a huge undersea mural along a wall in the school and I drew the shipwreck of the titanic in hilarious detail (everyone else drew fish).

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Does a build like this ever come down in price? Is it likely to become "collectable"? I'm new to all this so thanks for guidance. I think The Titanic would be an awesome  piece to own so I'm giving it serious consideration. I'm not an experienced builder though. Hope for comprehensive instruction booklet. 

16 hours ago, Grayslate said:

Does a build like this ever come down in price? Is it likely to become "collectable"? I'm new to all this so thanks for guidance. I think The Titanic would be an awesome  piece to own so I'm giving it serious consideration. I'm not an experienced builder though. Hope for comprehensive instruction booklet. 

Big IF this set becomes available through 3rd party toy stores, it's likely there will be discounts to be had on it. 
Otherwise I'd wait for a double VIP promo to get ~ 10% of the price in VIP points for a next purchase at the Lego stores.

Lego instruction booklets are pretty good. The best way to not make any mistakes during building is to first collect all pieces required per step, add those pieces to the build precisely as indicated, and continue to the next step.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Grayslate said:

According to @ravenb99it will remain a Lego Exclusive in the USA so most likely not many chances for a discount. I prefer promos to VIP, but you can wait for double VIP on BF/CM like @HandyHandsuggested but if it is anything like the MILF it will be OOS. 

As for the build the instruction booklets should not be a problem, but it is a microscale build and you may not like it. Look at the beds in the Titanic Vs the bed in a set like Medieval Blacksmith and you will get a sense for what you and your fingertips are up for. Before spending $629 I would suggest going to Target and picking up a cheap architecture set to try first this weekend and see if you enjoy that build, making sure every piece is straight so the finished product looks good. I am foreseeing we will see a few of these for sale on eBay and FBM partially built as people will buy it unknowingly for the wow factor or because it is the Titanic but then give up. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Interesting it is “Modular” in that you can remove the center and still connect it if you need a smaller display or you can buy multiples and make it even longer. 

Still hoping for a minifigure scale lifeboat GWP 

honestly if this set becomes super popular LEGO should release a Titanic series ...all the great GWP ideas  plus light kit and all (talk about a line tailor made for adults)