10294 - Titanic

HandyHand

40 minutes ago, Poncke said:

I just bought Titanic at Lego Ireland, VIP discount 5 euro, so paid 624.99 euro, and got the free Coffee Cart. Now I am wondering if I shot my load too early? I've read that there won't be many discounts on this set. But should I cancel the order and wait? It will be around for at least 12-24 months. Maybe the set will go to retail. I know Smyths in Ireland carry large sets like the Millennium Falcon for 800 euro. 

With this purchase you earned ~ 31 Euro (5%) of VIP points worth, and the free Coffee Cart. 

If you have enough patience, you may be able to buy the Titanic at double VIP points (~63 Euro worth) and possibly a free GWP at the same time, but no guarantee on that.

Personally I have patience and will wait for a double VIP on everything going together with a GWP promo to maximize what I get back. 

Edited by HandyHand
  • Like 1

Titanic docked today!

Will need to sell the 10210 to make room to display it.  If anyone is interested I am the original owner it was built once and has been on display for around 10 years in a smoke free but not dust free home.  I have the box, instructions and all of the minifigures, sails are in great shape. TBH it is not the greatest build in comparison to the new pirate ship but is a nice display piece.  

IMG_8813 (1).jpg

IMG_8812.jpg

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Titanic docked today!

Will need to sell the 10210 to make room to display it.  If anyone is interested I am the original owner it was built once and has been on display for around 10 years in a smoke free but not dust free home.  I have the box, instructions and all of the minifigures, sails are in great shape. TBH it is not the greatest build in comparison to the new pirate ship but is a nice display piece.  

I was worried that if I placed the set on a shelf, it might be too heavy and the shelf  collapse over time.

• Sad 1

Titanic docked today!
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_11/1226199726_IMG_8813(1).thumb.jpg.d998121ef59310947e306d93cf2edf12.jpg
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_11/IMG_8812.thumb.jpg.bf6a290e67433f27412bbb45a905ebdd.jpg

Give it a bit, and a half dozen of those Speed Champion sets in the background will pay it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Poncke said:

I am such a moron. I had one ordered, then cancelled it so I would order it this weekend to get double VIP, and now its sold out. What an absolute failure. 

sucks...but that was pretty predictable (LEGO has gone out of their way to mark big sets as OOS to avoid double VIP deal)...it's the new normal

14 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

sucks...but that was pretty predictable (LEGO has gone out of their way to mark big sets as OOS to avoid double VIP deal)...it's the new normal

I've seen more people say that they'd wait for VIP weekend to buy the Titanic, so it seems then that it is not that predictable. 

• 3 weeks later...