LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 6 months later...
19 minutes ago, AmazonSucks said:

newish post on reddit. Someone supposedly banned from LEGO Shop at Home for having a BL store

wow...game changer

looks like LEGO may be cracking down on some obvious low hanging fruit in terms of reseller flags

if folks have a link to their "store" or some other identifier in their BPer profile...maybe now is the time to scrub?

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 8:57 AM, brickvoyeur said:

Based on you being a Bricklink store owner... you have been flagged as a reseller as we now can use our datamining techniques to connect your fee payment on Bricklink to your VIP account. /s

All the downtime last week was just Lego moving the website to their servers. They have the best IT department in the business.

I hate being right nearly as much as my wife hates me being right...

Update: Reddit post is gone, and Brickset person says they posted something from a friend that they think is all fake.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 2

The perma-ban letter ends with a kind request to take a quick survey.

"We want to make sure we are doing a good job for you - Please tell us how we did today".

That is just all kinds of special.

Edited by KShine

I'll be curious to see any information that emerges regarding what the banned sellers were buying / what they were selling. If these are folks with big shops selling lots of NIB exclusives then I guess I'm not really surprised. Or if these were big shops sourcing a lot of their new parts straight from PAB or Bricks and Pieces then it kind of makes sense. But otherwise, are they just trying to kill BL? Only make it a destination for parts or used sets? I can't imagine that there are many BL shops that have never bought LEGO from LEGO...

Or maybe just a symbolic move to show that they are taking action against resellers in light of the Ulysses PR mess...? 

7 minutes ago, KShine said:

The perma-ban letter ends with kind request to take a quick survey.

"We want to make sure we are doing a good job for you - Please tell us how we did today".

That is just all kinds of special.

I just opened a new laptop box yesterday and a "thank-you for purchasing..." card was included...noting what a wonderful product it is...and as a special thank-you...15% off repairs

3 minutes ago, blueriderbrick said:

Seem like it is a forward from grandma ... admitted getting screen shot forward to them and posting for a friend...

Yup, it has just been removed from brickset homepage....lets just hope TLG doesn't get any bright ideas from this "hoax" lol

🤫

• 1 month later...

Seems like lego is finally starting to enforce the one GWP per household online, put in an order hoping to get double VIP & Adidas promo, but got my Adidas promo cancelled as previously received one from an online order:

Dear XXXX,

Thanks for ordering from the LEGO® Shop.

This is a really popular set. We want every LEGO builder to have a fair chance of getting it, so we limit how many of this set can be bought per household.

Since your request exceeded this limit, we’ve cancelled the item(s) from your order.

How many?

Article number

Set number and name

40486 adidas Originals Superstar V29

These limits can be changed or removed so it’s a good idea to keep an eye on the website over the next few months.

Please get in touch if there is anything we can help with.

Kind regards,

Your LEGO Service Team
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Between the coins and Ulysses probe, I’d expect more changes to come.

Strange how the 1 per house hold cannot be said about dickens. Seems it will be case by case, reserving this right for the more popular/high demand sets. 

Yeah, I'm not sure LEGO can keep up with any policy or IT enforcement, so this will probably be short lived.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So after 10 months my Target account has been unbanned. I placed a trial order every month and insta-cancelled each time. Cancellation orders even came before the order confirmations. But today my first order shipped. Gonna take it easy with them. I did reach out to CS a month ago and apologized and asked them to reinstate me and the rep said she would email the ban team for me, but im thinking its unrelated. Happened to me once before so i think it just resets after a while.

TLDR: Try making orders if youre currently banned at target.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

So after 10 months my Target account has been unbanned. I placed a trial order every month and insta-cancelled each time. Cancellation orders even came before the order confirmations. But today my first order shipped. Gonna take it easy with them. I did reach out to CS a month ago and apologized and asked them to reinstate me and the rep said she would email the ban team for me, but im thinking its unrelated. Happened to me once before so i think it just resets after a while.

TLDR: Try making orders if youre currently banned at target.

I don’t know why it strikes me funny, but how did you apologize to CS?  And did she accept your apology on behalf of CS or just emailed the ban dept on your behalf and that’s it?

In my experience, the Target unbanning is not stable. I was banned for the better part of a year and then could place orders again. It only took about 2 weeks before I was banned again. I finally just told them to close my account because the ban on LEGO products started to bleed over to other products and became super annoying.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Just now, coelian said:

Does anyone know how long it takes for buy limits to be reset at lego SAH? Mine has been 6 months and I'm still getting orders cancelled. 

I don't think anyone knows for sure. In my experience, they only reset if the limit changes. Up or down.

For example, the Tuk Tuk started at limit 5 (I think) and was lowered to 2. I ordered one when it first came out and then another two after the limit changed. But the Razor Crest has been limit 3 for as long as it has been out, so it still gets cancelled.

1 minute ago, KShine said:

Cancelled? Your lucky - I am at the go over the limit and your banned threshold.

I hope they don't take my purchases in store into account anytime soon. 

Just now, BrickLover80 said:

I don't think anyone knows for sure. In my experience, they only reset if the limit changes. Up or down.

For example, the Tuk Tuk started at limit 5 (I think) and was lowered to 2. I ordered one when it first came out and then another two after the limit changed. But the Razor Crest has been limit 3 for as long as it has been out, so it still gets cancelled.

That's an interesting observation, I'm eyeing some brickheadz and the limits have always been 5. For 80107 it's been 2 I think. 

28 minutes ago, coelian said:

I hope they don't take my purchases in store into account anytime soon. 

That's an interesting observation, I'm eyeing some brickheadz and the limits have always been 5. For 80107 it's been 2 I think. 

Store purchases don't count.

S&H limits randomly change.  Just be on the lookout when people mention some here.

2 hours ago, redcell said:

In my experience, the Target unbanning is not stable. I was banned for the better part of a year and then could place orders again. It only took about 2 weeks before I was banned again. I finally just told them to close my account because the ban on LEGO products started to bleed over to other products and became super annoying.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Interesting. My ban was sitewide. My last unbanning lasted till black friday and that quidditch sale :) 

we'll see how disciplined I am. Ultimately target isn't a great source for me so it's not a great loss either way.

Separately, is there an official way to know when amazon buying limit resets. I hear ppl saying one week, but is that confirmable in any way?

3 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Interesting. My ban was sitewide. My last unbanning lasted till black friday and that quidditch sale :) 

we'll see how disciplined I am. Ultimately target isn't a great source for me so it's not a great loss either way.

Separately, is there an official way to know when amazon buying limit resets. I hear ppl saying one week, but is that confirmable in any way?

7 days from order date 

• Like 1