LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Interesting question.   I would gather they are tracking by accounts, addresses, names, cc's and ip's regardless.  If that's all different, fire away.

In parts of Europe you can send items to pick up points on a guest account, however you forgo vip points. I wonder if they are able to link your accounts together even if a disposable cc is used. 

• 7 months later...
41 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

How many orders and on what set/s

I'm in a similar situation. Since the changed the limits to 2 (instead of 100) a few years ago, I've consistently placed multiple orders of 2 and never had any canceled. I ordered a bunch of the Star Wars 3 packs the first night that they dropped to $50 and ended up having some of the orders canceled. I also had my Walmart+ canceled. I tried placing more orders the following day for those same sets and each order got immediately canceled and my Walmart+ got canceled once again. 

Today I tried placing an order for a qty of 2 of a completely different set that I haven't purchased in over a month and it got immediately canceled for going over the qty limits. Soo... I'm definitely in some sort of bad spot with Walmart after not having this issue for the past few years but I'm not sure if I should just wait it out for a few days and try again or if I should contact them to see if they can/will allow me to place orders again. Right now, I'm planning on waiting for a few days. But if there are still issues then, I'll contact them. There are supposed to be some upcoming sales happening at Walmart all next week so I want to be sure that I can take advantage of those deals.

32 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I'm in a similar situation. Since the changed the limits to 2 (instead of 100) a few years ago, I've consistently placed multiple orders of 2 and never had any canceled. I ordered a bunch of the Star Wars 3 packs the first night that they dropped to $50 and ended up having some of the orders canceled. I also had my Walmart+ canceled. I tried placing more orders the following day for those same sets and each order got immediately canceled and my Walmart+ got canceled once again. 

Today I tried placing an order for a qty of 2 of a completely different set that I haven't purchased in over a month and it got immediately canceled for going over the qty limits. Soo... I'm definitely in some sort of bad spot with Walmart after not having this issue for the past few years but I'm not sure if I should just wait it out for a few days and try again or if I should contact them to see if they can/will allow me to place orders again. Right now, I'm planning on waiting for a few days. But if there are still issues then, I'll contact them. There are supposed to be some upcoming sales happening at Walmart all next week so I want to be sure that I can take advantage of those deals.

Maybe try a different credit card. Or just create a new account. Hope it helps.

11 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

A new credit card is my next try, but this account is set up tax exempt so I'd prefer not to open a new one.

Tax exempt for resale is a violation of terms of walmart+. They somehow allow it, but once someone actually sees the activity going on, they will give it the axe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinsfan0521 said:

How many Star Wars bundles did you try to purchase?

33 minutes ago, Average Guy said:

yikes

I've bought plenty more than that of sets in the past (2 at a time) without ever having them canceled due to qty limits. So, something definitely changed.

It used to be a mysterious black art to avoid bans back when they had limits of 100 and then the process of when/why/how many you could order on the next order was also something that everyone and their brother had theories about. I have actually been happier since they put in the limit of 2 per order because I never ran into issues. Sure, the processing of the inbound shipments was more annoying than getting one box with 30-50 sets in it, but it was a price I was willing to pay to avoid getting banned. Now, it seems that has also changed.

17 hours ago, Banjoman said:

Same boat and same story as above.  Just realized after reading my Walmart+ is cancelled as well.  Also being tax exempt, it might be hard to start a newer account.

even when they cancel the + for abuse your account should still work, 

7 minutes ago, neal2828 said:

Got banned by Walmart as well. Sent email to

accountreview@customercare.walmart.com

and got unbanned. Took 2 tries until it worked. Said I would do better in future- now abiding rules. 

What does abiding by rules mean now, ordering 2 at a time and waiting for prepare order or shipped? What do you think triggered your ban?

Nothing too crazy like 100 of the same set. Exceeded limits by 4-5 fold. For the time being, I’m not going to exceed limits by more than 2 fold (4 sets). In the past, I only ordered Lego from Walmart.  In the future, I’m going to try to purchase some non-Lego items as well.  I am not using a Walmart+ account.

• Like 1

For what it’s worth, in my experience, WM was always supremely inconsistent in implementing its bans. Even when my account got tagged in the past, I could still slip orders through every now and then or get around it by creating a new account or changing my payment information or…you get the idea. I don’t know if things have changed, but WM was never as strict as stores like BN or Target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk