LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 1 year later...
What exactly triggers the ban from TLG? I already know your email address and home address is blacklisted because once you're banned any other order you make you're greeted with the deadly "Information about your order" email and told the exact same thing that you were told when you got banned (that also includes different email addresses but same home address). I also know that the very first line of 'defense' TLG has is an automated system, once you're banned and you place an order the system (probably) cross checks it with TLG's database to make sure the order wasn't made with a blacklisted email or home address. I know this because that's what it says in the ban email - "the validation process is automatic". But I decided to contact CS over live chat and they obviously gave me the same response but also told me that it happened because "our team reviewed your account order and history", so... who's lying? I still believe that a computer does it as I tried making another order with a different email address, name and home address (literally just my neighbour's address) with the intent of using DPD's 'deliver to neighbour feature' (i.e me) once it was shipped, but got instantly banned again. I hope my neighbours aren't LEGO fanatics. (sorry!) I know them well, and in all honesty they've told me they or their kids don't like LEGO so it's not a total loss? But really, what else? Is the whole street put on an alert list?
On the other hand I did manage to get an order through by contacting customer service with again different details and my other neighbour's address, and guess what? It went through, I managed to get DPD to redirect it to me and now I do have the order.
But that begs the question... what about other ways people could abuse the system? As far as I know, if you ordered something and it doesn't arrive within the given timeframe, you can either ask them to resend it or refund you. I have actually asked them to resend a missing order before (this was before I was banned) because DPD decided to leave my order ontop of my rubbish bins instead of literally handing it to me at the door, and they delivered it at the same time the school next to me finished so... it got stolen by some pesky kids (yay) as by the time DPD told me it arrived (I think their system is crappy as every time I recieve something from them it takes them about an hour to confirm I got it) it was gone when I checked. Oh well, TLG sent me a replacement completely fine, no issues, they just needed my order number. I don't know what they do in the background, be it check using the tracking system on the courier's website the same way a consumer would use it or they just have loads of logs from the courier telling them if it was delivered, the time, where it was put or and an image of where it was put (if that's what your courier does), but DPD took a picture of my parcel on my bins, yet I got the re-order just fine, so that just makes me wonder... couldn't someone just order something, tell the courier to leave it somewhere vulnerable (but collect it the instant they see/are told it's delivered), wait for the delivery timeframe to pass, and then ask TLG to resend the set so they now have one for free or refund the whole order so they got the set for free? I'm not saying you should do it and I'm not saying I will do it either (ever since the price increase I've been put off buying sets at retail price on the LEGO store forever), but I'm sure someone's tried it once and maybe/maybe not got away with it. It's a weird thought, I know, but it got me really curious. 
No one is going to read this.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone attempted, or been successful in getting LEGO to delete your data under GDPR / CPRA? From what I can tell, they share your data with a few 3rd parties, including AdobE and transunion.  The goal here being to get black listed addresses and IP’s to be deleted from their lists.   

13 hours ago, jedimindbrix said:

Has anyone attempted, or been successful in getting LEGO to delete your data under GDPR / CPRA? From what I can tell, they share your data with a few 3rd parties, including AdobE and transunion.  The goal here being to get black listed addresses and IP’s to be deleted from their lists.   

1) Create a new PayPal under a different name
2) Add a balance to the PayPal account
3) Create a new Lego.com account with the same name as PayPal
4) Place an order (cheap exclusive items) paying using the PayPal balance
5) Once you get the E13 email message customer support saying that you just moved in and started renting the property, and you can't understand why you can't place an order for your kids birthday/etc. and you can't get the item anywhere else (as it's exclusive). 
6) Watch the magic

This is how I beat the banstick. After that you won't need to keep a PayPal balance, but I continue to use that PayPal account for all SAH orders.

17 hours ago, jedimindbrix said:

I can not get around lego ban, They even emailed me telling me banned and go away, I have tried to get around it, I have a amex biz card which lets you get 99 employee cards, using one of those and even changing my address which is commercial, to a random address on our street that is not even real, using a VPN they still cancel. 

21 hours ago, jedimindbrix said:

The GDPR allows for some customer data to be kept, like banned users or users who have already had a free trial.  They have to be pretty restricted in use and you can't keep them forever though.  

• 3 months later...

Lego banned me after 3 out of 50 or so orders (from the start of this year) did not make it to me and I asked for re-delivery.

the tracking shows non-delivery, they just disappeared and stopped tracking on all three USPS packages.  I sent lego customer service an email request for redelivery of missing shipments.  Some really nice customer service agent put it through, verification failed immediately.  I asked customer service again, they tried again, immediately failed verification again.  (I have had no issues before this and all my orders came no probs at all, I never ordered more than limits and didn't do any shenanigans, just a normal account that I had only started jan of this year.  My first and only lego account.

I finally called and talked to someone, then some higher up.  They checked the tracking and verified that the shipments were lost.  They said they would make sure these reships get through.  but little did I know I was already banned just for asking for these 3 re-deliveries.  I got the dreaded E13 verification failed emails.  This customer service supervisor asked the verification team to confirm and she told me I was indeed banned from all online purchases moving forward.  Then basically nicely told me to go away and pound sand.

I never even got an officially banned email.  but any order I try to place gets the E13 verification failed notice now.  like WTF lego?  their customer service is super nice still, even when telling me to f-off lol.

Moral of the story, don't ask for your missing packages to be re-sent.  they will do it eventually, but then immediately ban you.

so lego E13 banning is alive and well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, qeqe said:

Lego banned me after 3 out of 50 or so orders (from the start of this year) did not make it to me and I asked for re-delivery.

the tracking shows non-delivery, they just disappeared and stopped tracking on all three USPS packages.  I sent lego customer service an email request for redelivery of missing shipments.  Some really nice customer service agent put it through, verification failed immediately.  I asked customer service again, they tried again, immediately failed verification again.  (I have had no issues before this and all my orders came no probs at all, I never ordered more than limits and didn't do any shenanigans, just a normal account that I had only started jan of this year.  My first and only lego account.

I finally called and talked to someone, then some higher up.  They checked the tracking and verified that the shipments were lost.  They said they would make sure these reships get through.  but little did I know I was already banned just for asking for these 3 re-deliveries.  I got the dreaded E13 verification failed emails.  This customer service supervisor asked the verification team to confirm and she told me I was indeed banned from all online purchases moving forward.  Then basically nicely told me to go away and pound sand.

I never even got an officially banned email.  but any order I try to place gets the E13 verification failed notice now.  like WTF lego?  their customer service is super nice still, even when telling me to f-off lol.

Moral of the story, don't ask for your missing packages to be re-sent.  they will do it eventually, but then immediately ban you.

customer (dis)service 2023, alive and well.  unbelievable they can get away with that.

nobricksforu.thumb.webp.d2fbf23bc25657ef5c76560b57a46b15.webp

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, qeqe said:

LEGO uses USPS?

I do believe there's been previous talk of E13 errors with successful orders afterward, so I'm hoping that's not an official perma-ban.

@Phil B I read you had this error years ago. Was there anything you had to do on your part, or did the "internal" error just work itself out?

3 hours ago, lodibricks said:

LEGO uses USPS?

They do for Bricks and Pieces but can’t recall an actual set being delivered by USPS unless it was Sure/Smart Post maybe?

ETA: I had a UPS never scanned lost Hocus Pocus that they replaced once it was restocked. I had to wait 8 business days until after the scheduled delivery date, or something like that, for Lego to consider it lost. I think it has been a few years since this had last happened to me. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, lodibricks said:

LEGO uses USPS?

I do believe there's been previous talk of E13 errors with successful orders afterward, so I'm hoping that's not an official perma-ban.

@Phil B I read you had this error years ago. Was there anything you had to do on your part, or did the "internal" error just work itself out?

Yes forgot to mention these 3 lost orders were from pick a brick service from denmark DHL to USPS I believe.  I have ordered many other orders before and after these missing orders, and after a month or so they all arrived.  I waited over 2 months for these orders and they never arrived so I asked for reshipped since it had been a long time.  They (lego customer service agent) were the ones to check the tracking since lego online does not provide the tracking info on demark shipped orders. 

anyhow I just tried to order a pac-man and got the E13 notice again.  at least I can use all my VIP points in-store still i think.

• Sad 1

I forget if Walmart enforces the limits, say it's "limit 3" but you place multiple orders (for 6, 9, etc).

I placed one order of 3 for the LEGO Friends 3-in-1, but this set's not worth a potential Walmart or Walmart+ ban.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Friends-Play-Day-Gift-Set-66773-3in1-Building-Set-Toy-6-Year-Old-Girls-Boys-Includes-Ice-Cream-Truck-Mobile-Fashion-Boutique-Pizzeria/3791542144

14 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

I forget if Walmart enforces the limits, say it's "limit 3" but you place multiple orders (for 6, 9, etc).

I placed one order of 3 for the LEGO Friends 3-in-1, but this set's not worth a potential Walmart or Walmart+ ban.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Friends-Play-Day-Gift-Set-66773-3in1-Building-Set-Toy-6-Year-Old-Girls-Boys-Includes-Ice-Cream-Truck-Mobile-Fashion-Boutique-Pizzeria/3791542144

You'll definitely get Walmart+ ban eventually. I've been banned, re-signed up, banned again, re-signed up, banned again all on the same Walmart account. Then decided that I don't actually care about Walmart+ anymore.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been buying Lego on B&N.com all weekend using discounted gift cards and thru rakuten link and today whammo, my ip address blocked and access denied.  I still have about $60 in unused b&n gift cards and my annual b&n membership on auto renew, which I now cannot change.  Maybe it was a spam block and not related to my lego activities.  Not sure,

4 minutes ago, Shitbricker said:

Been buying Lego on B&N.com all weekend using discounted gift cards and thru rakuten link and today whammo, my ip address blocked and access denied.  I still have about $60 in unused b&n gift cards and my annual b&n membership on auto renew, which I now cannot change.  Maybe it was a spam block and not related to my lego activities.  Not sure,

Most likely the gift cards are the issue 

1 minute ago, Shitbricker said:

will give it a pause for a few days, I would think more a spam issue than a lego reseller issue but B&N can be very prickly, strangely, given their economic situation.  You’d think they would appreciate the liquidity we bring to the market.

If you are buying discounted gc from 3p site you are probably banned and need to ask for forgiveness 

4 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

If you are buying discounted gc from 3p site you are probably banned and need to ask for forgiveness 

have two outstanding orders that were confirmed already.  think they ship?  either way, will call these hard ons.  You would think a company whose job is to sell merchandise would be bending over backwards to sell merchandise.

Edited by Shitbricker