LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 10 months later...

My Target.com orders are getting canceled as soon as I place them. Looks like I’ve been banned. I have enough credit available to place the order but it’s canceled immediately using my red card

I did place an online order using a gift card and it went through.  Anyone else get banned but could still use gift cards to place orders online? Wonder if using gift cards is a way to dodge the ban hammer? 

1 hour ago, Redtree said:

My Target.com orders are getting canceled as soon as I place them. Looks like I’ve been banned. I have enough credit available to place the order but it’s canceled immediately using my red card

I did place an online order using a gift card and it went through.  Anyone else get banned but could still use gift cards to place orders online? Wonder if using gift cards is a way to dodge the ban hammer? 

I just use my wife's account for now. When that will eventually get banned, time to find a girlfriend or something. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I just use my wife's account for now. When that will eventually get banned, time to find a girlfriend or something. 

I'd like to see that conversation go down:

You: "Look honey, I love you and everything, but Target has now banned your account so I really have no choice, I have to take on a mistress so that I can keep buying on Target."

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Mistress, phew, subscribe to an OnlyFans model. For $39 a month I’m sure they’d open an account for you under their name and then advertise the service as brick kink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Mistress, phew, subscribe to an OnlyFans model. For $39 a month I’m sure they’d open an account for you under their name and then advertise the service as brick kink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"brick kink" - Genius. If only I were a reasonably attractive woman. Or a reasonably attractive man, for that matter...

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, what is the point of Walmart terminating "Walmart+".  My only use that I am aware of is to check prices in stores and "scan & go".  

My only guess is for "free" small deliveries??  I never place small dollar amount orders but Walmart seems to break them up into a bunch of smaller deliveries.  Guessing that's the issue?  On Amazon I can choose an option other than Prime but I don't see the option on Walmart.

59 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

So, what is the point of Walmart terminating "Walmart+".  My only use that I am aware of is to check prices in stores and "scan & go".  

My only guess is for "free" small deliveries??  I never place small dollar amount orders but Walmart seems to break them up into a bunch of smaller deliveries.  Guessing that's the issue?  On Amazon I can choose an option other than Prime but I don't see the option on Walmart.

I just went ahead and set up a second account for online ordering that doesn’t have Walmart+. 
I guess the benefit of early sale offers and Walmart rewards might apply. I’ll start using w+ for those opportunities since that volume should be low. And I’ll use the second account for the bulk of my orders. 

8 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

I just went ahead and set up a second account for online ordering that doesn’t have Walmart+. 
I guess the benefit of early sale offers and Walmart rewards might apply. I’ll start using w+ for those opportunities since that volume should be low. And I’ll use the second account for the bulk of my orders. 

All same info for second account? 

• 1 month later...

Hi all, new here to this forum. Been collecting and investing for a few years now. I stupidly was purchasing from Lego.com in Australia under 2 accounts (my name and wife's name) for the same address. Got myself banned back in June 2022. Has anyone successfully got themselves unbanned? Do I have to write a plea email to Lego?

2 hours ago, RyanK328 said:

Hi all, new here to this forum. Been collecting and investing for a few years now. I stupidly was purchasing from Lego.com in Australia under 2 accounts (my name and wife's name) for the same address. Got myself banned back in June 2022. Has anyone successfully got themselves unbanned? Do I have to write a plea email to Lego?

Lego has been pretty lax with their bans over the last couple of years ( at least here in the US), as long as you don’t circumvent limits , they even unbanned a lot of accounts on their own. Can’t hurt to give them a buz

15 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Lego has been pretty lax with their bans over the last couple of years ( at least here in the US), as long as you don’t circumvent limits , they even unbanned a lot of accounts on their own. Can’t hurt to give them a buz

You really can't get banned. They just cancel everything 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 2:18 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I guess I might just send them a plea email to try and get them to unban me. Worst case is they say no, but with Lego sales presumably dipping due to inflation, maybe I stand a better chance. 

2 hours ago, RyanK328 said:

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I guess I might just send them a plea email to try and get them to unban me. Worst case is they say no, but with Lego sales presumably dipping due to inflation, maybe I stand a better chance. 

IF they were worried about sales they would not have their strict limits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

IF they were worried about sales they would not have their strict limits.

I get your point, but they ARE always concerned with sales. They can have strict limits and also meet their sales goals, because people are buying. IF there was an actual depression and 90% of the population that would buy, aren't, we would see that limit disappear.

4 hours ago, RyanK328 said:

good luck hope it works : )

Edited by starwarsxpress

• 3 weeks later...

What exactly triggers the ban from TLG? I already know your email address and home address is blacklisted because once you're banned any other order you make you're greeted with the deadly "Information about your order" email and told the exact same thing that you were told when you got banned (that also includes different email addresses but same home address). I also know that the very first line of 'defense' TLG has is an automated system, once you're banned and you place an order the system (probably) cross checks it with TLG's database to make sure the order wasn't made with a blacklisted email or home address. I know this because that's what it says in the ban email - "the validation process is automatic". But I decided to contact CS over live chat and they obviously gave me the same response but also told me that it happened because "our team reviewed your account order and history", so... who's lying? I still believe that a computer does it as I tried making another order with a different email address, name and home address (literally just my neighbour's address) with the intent of using DPD's 'deliver to neighbour feature' (i.e me) once it was shipped, but got instantly banned again. I hope my neighbours aren't LEGO fanatics. (sorry!) I know them well, and in all honesty they've told me they or their kids don't like LEGO so it's not a total loss? But really, what else? Is the whole street put on an alert list?

On the other hand I did manage to get an order through by contacting customer service with again different details and my other neighbour's address, and guess what? It went through, I managed to get DPD to redirect it to me and now I do have the order.

But that begs the question... what about other ways people could abuse the system? As far as I know, if you ordered something and it doesn't arrive within the given timeframe, you can either ask them to resend it or refund you. I have actually asked them to resend a missing order before (this was before I was banned) because DPD decided to leave my order ontop of my rubbish bins instead of literally handing it to me at the door, and they delivered it at the same time the school next to me finished so... it got stolen by some pesky kids (yay) as by the time DPD told me it arrived (I think their system is crappy as every time I recieve something from them it takes them about an hour to confirm I got it) it was gone when I checked. Oh well, TLG sent me a replacement completely fine, no issues, they just needed my order number. I don't know what they do in the background, be it check using the tracking system on the courier's website the same way a consumer would use it or they just have loads of logs from the courier telling them if it was delivered, the time, where it was put or and an image of where it was put (if that's what your courier does), but DPD took a picture of my parcel on my bins, yet I got the re-order just fine, so that just makes me wonder... couldn't someone just order something, tell the courier to leave it somewhere vulnerable (but collect it the instant they see/are told it's delivered), wait for the delivery timeframe to pass, and then ask TLG to resend the set so they now have one for free or refund the whole order so they got the set for free? I'm not saying you should do it and I'm not saying I will do it either (ever since the price increase I've been put off buying sets at retail price on the LEGO store forever), but I'm sure someone's tried it once and maybe/maybe not got away with it. It's a weird thought, I know, but it got me really curious. 

• Confused 1