Jump to content

LEGO Bans - Open Discussion


IMDeus
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

So after 10 months my Target account has been unbanned. I placed a trial order every month and insta-cancelled each time. Cancellation orders even came before the order confirmations. But today my first order shipped. Gonna take it easy with them. I did reach out to CS a month ago and apologized and asked them to reinstate me and the rep said she would email the ban team for me, but im thinking its unrelated. Happened to me once before so i think it just resets after a while.

TLDR: Try making orders if youre currently banned at target.

yes - mine is now unbanned as well - instacancel earlier this week.  for the record, i did not apologize to target.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So after 10 months my Target account has been unbanned. I placed a trial order every month and insta-cancelled each time. Cancellation orders even came before the order confirmations. But today my first order shipped. Gonna take it easy with them. I did reach out to CS a month ago and apologized and asked them to reinstate me and the rep said she would email the ban team for me, but im thinking its unrelated. Happened to me once before so i think it just resets after a while.
TLDR: Try making orders if youre currently banned at target.

Might be related to your contact. I just tried and still banned. It’s been a year now. I’ll reach out and see if I can get it to work.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cladner said:

yes - mine is now unbanned as well - instacancel earlier this week.  for the record, i did not apologize to target.

actually i'm still banned at target also - the ban monkey was on their bathroom break.   they don't even send a cancellation email anymore -just shows up as cancelled under account history.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, cladner said:

actually i'm still banned at target also - the ban monkey was on their bathroom break.   they don't even send a cancellation email anymore -just shows up as cancelled under account history.

Mine actually shipped.

So maybe it was related to the email? I called and chatted at the same time with 2 diff. Target CS. Both said nothing they could do personally, but one offered to email the ban monkeybots team for me. Basically just apologized, claimed ignorance, and professed to be compliant going forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I ordered 10 yesterday from target. Today I got 5 separate shipping notifications. 2 sets in each shipment. 
 

my wife won’t be happy when 5 boxes arrive on my doorstep. 

Edited by Gonkalin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

So I ordered 10 yesterday from target. Today I got 5 separate shipping notifications. 2 sets in each shipment. 
 

my wife won’t be happy when 5 boxes arrive on my doorstep. 

This is what I absolutely hated about ordering from Target when they did not apply quantity limits and would actually let me order online.  It was such a PIA to deal with 100 units spread across 50 boxes.  First world problem for sure, but one of the things I don't miss now that I can't order from Target online.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, redcell said:

This is what I absolutely hated about ordering from Target when they did not apply quantity limits and would actually let me order online.  It was such a PIA to deal with 100 units spread across 50 boxes.  First world problem for sure, but one of the things I don't miss now that I can't order from Target online.

you forgot about the bright orange or red  F'U stickers across the front on every box - not hard to peel off but still not fun x 100. 

fortunately the better deals at target lately have been instore .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

So I ordered 10 yesterday from target. Today I got 5 separate shipping notifications. 2 sets in each shipment. 
 

my wife won’t be happy when 5 boxes arrive on my doorstep. 

5 boxes? Darn. My friends arent gonna be happy. I promised them this time would be small storage. They annoyed from last time with the creeper mines.

I guess this means its store fulfilled at this point already? If so it's gonna poof soon.

Edited by Bricklectic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve been banned from target for a while.
Lego started it, but I got completely banned. They even froze my target red card. I tried different credit cards, addresses. The account was frozen.
Made a new account. Canceled.

Then a couple months ago a non lego order went through. I couldn’t order lego, but other stuff worked.

All this time, my wife’s account worked on her phone. Same address, different credit card. I thought it was device maybe?

Then I let her use a gift card to place a grocery order. Canceled. Eventually found out it was the gift card. It was also loaded on my account. Now she’s banned too.

I can use the gift cards in store, but not online.

I only use discounted gift cards. So either I got a bad gift card, or they realized that I bought more than $300 worth at the last 10% off sale.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, donbee said:

I only use discounted gift cards. So either I got a bad gift card

Could be that.  Years ago I had that happen at B&N.  I started getting insta-cancelled and I was not ordering heavy.  Called CS and the guy said there was fraud associated with the card. Said I could call a manager/supervisor and probably get it resolved but I just never got around to it.

Had it happen at Bloomingdales around the same time but they wouldn't even tell me what the issue was.  Just said I could purchase in store.  No discussion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, coelian said:

Lego SAH is strictly enforcing the gwp limits for hogwarts griffindor room for me. Anyone else experiencing that, or is ban hammer coming for me soon? 

I found that for certain GWP, orders were being auto cancelled I.e. Adidas mini shoe. The recent dickens promo didn't get cancelled for multiple orders.

Not sure what's going on, maybe they are limiting specific GWP, or our accounts have been labelled reseller scum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Voltron said:

I found that for certain GWP, orders were being auto cancelled I.e. Adidas mini shoe. The recent dickens promo didn't get cancelled for multiple orders.

Not sure what's going on, maybe they are limiting specific GWP, or our accounts have been labelled reseller scum.

I got cancelled for sailboat after 2 or 3 I think. But griffindor room was the first time I got one and that's it. I hope I'm not flagged as reseller scum. The nearest lego store is like 2 hours away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, coelian said:

I got cancelled for sailboat after 2 or 3 I think. But griffindor room was the first time I got one and that's it. I hope I'm not flagged as reseller scum. The nearest lego store is like 2 hours away. 

It could possibly be that some of the items you bought, you went over the lego limits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Voltron said:

Any UK folks ever had there orders cancelled going over the John Lewis limits?

 

Yeap, it may go through once or twice. But then account gets flagged and from that point it's pretty strict. First they send an email as a warning. If you continue to buy using different email address etc., they will block you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Ogelwoc said:

I recalled reading it somewhere but unsure.
Do LEGO combine the limits when buying from LEGO Shop at Home and from the store? I think I exceeded limits on one set but perhaps I got lucky.

Limits for a set are combined instore and online purchases.  It's all linked under VIP account, so forgo the points instore and don't be known to store associates. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...