LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, coelian said:

I usually buy online and the nearest lego store is 2 hours away. Before I make a drive out to grab some stuff, do physical stores impose any sort of limit on purchases? 

I've never heard of or seen a limit on in store purchases, but if there are promos they will usually limit/cap those.

8 hours ago, coelian said:

I usually buy online and the nearest lego store is 2 hours away. Before I make a drive out to grab some stuff, do physical stores impose any sort of limit on purchases? 

Lints are 2 and 5 for exclusive/HTF items and normal items.  Generally they will limit GWP's to 2 max.

Since you obviously do not frequent the store often, you may be given a little leeway, but that's generally how it goes . . .

5 hours ago, Achilles said:

I've never heard of or seen a limit on in store purchases, but if there are promos they will usually limit/cap those.

2 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Lints are 2 and 5 for exclusive/HTF items and normal items.  Generally they will limit GWP's to 2 max.

Since you obviously do not frequent the store often, you may be given a little leeway, but that's generally how it goes . . .

Thanks guys. The last time I went I picked up two diners and two treehouses, along with six brickheadz sith/kylo and a dozen lucky cats. The store assistant even told me "well played, sir" lol

I'm planning a bigger purchase this time round with an empty boot and am not sure how they will react, I see some stuff not available online but available in the store.

5 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Is this per trip? Could I go in a few days later and pick up some more sets with the same GWP’s? Wondering what their system shows if I attempt to use VIP? 

On 9/24/2020 at 4:22 AM, MotorCityMuscle said:

Is this per trip? Could I go in a few days later and pick up some more sets with the same GWP’s? Wondering what their system shows if I attempt to use VIP? 

I don’t visit LEGO stores often, but when I do, I avoid the VIP card on items if I’ve already reached the limit at SAH. 
I imagine if you visited regularly without a disguise, they may wonder why you used the card one day but not the next — can be awkward. 

You can try, ”My horoscope warned me not to use loyalty cards today”, but YMMV. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hope this is the right thread - To anyone banned by walmart - Did you receive any notification that youre account was deactivated. or did your orders simply stop going  through? I think I may have just been banned for making duplicate orders my orders no longer go through and I get these emails: im afraid to call and ask them as I really dont want them looking at my order history :)

image.thumb.png.266e1e58bb63cf6d6812619c9d8e8edc.png

44 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Hope this is the right thread - To anyone banned by walmart - Did you receive any notification that youre account was deactivated. or did your orders simply stop going  through? I think I may have just been banned for making duplicate orders my orders no longer go through and I get these emails: im afraid to call and ask them as I really dont want them looking at my order history :)

Yes, that was what a walmart ban looked like and I guess it still does. Sucks!

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

what did you do to get that ban (you mentioned multiple orders but alot of people do multiple orders how many in a row did you do?)

21 minutes ago, river41 said:

what did you do to get that ban (you mentioned multiple orders but alot of people do multiple orders how many in a row did you do?)

yeah its weird, ive done multiple orders before with no issues, as many as 15 straight orders.

Maybe because it was at 1 AM, i wonder if that raised the flags..

47 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

:( That is bad news indeed.

But, I just tested another order and now it does go through.

Minicoopers: Have you tried reordering recently? 

I guess the smart thing would be to tread lightly and not send tons of orders in a short time and to mix up total amounts by adding random sets.

4 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I guess the smart thing would be to tread lightly and not send tons of orders in a short time and to mix up total amounts by adding random sets.

give it few days , or a couple of weeks. Many times it reset.

1 hour ago, minicoopers11 said:

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

give it few days , or a couple of weeks. Many times it reset.

50 minutes ago, Banjoman said:

Not to try and beat the system but usually it only takes 10 minutes to senda shipping notification.  I think once it is in shipping you are good to place another.  Ordered 10+ orders of the Technic Porsches when they dropped to $112 with no issue

Thanks guys. There's not a ton of data points about this online so all info is very helpful. I'll continue to update if I have relevant useful information that can help others.

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Never been banned by Walmart, just read about it on here.

11 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Delete the credit card that you used, re-enter the number, and try it again.

9 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

How about taking a break?

679B7BBC-879C-48FE-9144-3AE3DC6EB550.gif

Walmart's my primary source so kinda anxious to find out if I'm really banned or not. Since a few went through, I figure if I try a buncha different stuff like order amounts and different cards maybe that'll help. I don't know if waiting a day or 2 makes any difference. I guess thats my last option to try.

1 minute ago, Bricklectic said:

Walmart's my primary source so kinda anxious to find out if I'm really banned or not. Since a few went through, I figure if I try a buncha different stuff like order amounts and different cards maybe that'll help. I don't know if waiting a day or 2 makes any difference. I guess thats my last option to try.

2 per order is a primary source?