2014 May the 4th offers **LEGO SHOP USA/CAN**

Jeff Mack

I UPDATED THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD WITH THE MAY THE 4th DEALS!!!

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/9772-may-the-4th-offers-lego-shop-usacan/?p=266510

Why do I hear crickets chirping?

In all seriousness, thanks for the info, Jeff. Nothing really stands out, but that was the rumor going in so we can't be too disappointed. Now, who is going to be the first one to try and order 99 desert skiffs?

I definitely want a Viszla and Skiff for my personal collection... any opinions on if Malevolence is worth $60? I know its one of the least popular flagships in a while.

Walmart cleared these out at the same price during one of their recent clearance events. I didn't buy any then, and won't buy any now either. Buying one won't get you the free promo either, so you will have to throw in another substandard set to get to $75.

Why do I hear crickets chirping?

In all seriousness, thanks for the info, Jeff. Nothing really stands out, but that was the rumor going in so we can't be too disappointed. Now, who is going to be the first one to try and order 99 desert skiffs?

You should have seen my original post I was going to publish a few hours back after I got the email.  The better half of me decided to post what you did see :)

• Like 2

This is such a joke.

TLG really needs a reminder about the process and logic of discounting. How quickly they forget where they were 10 - 11 years ago barely scraping by.

This no discounting rule on exclusives really needs to end.

Just my opinion. I know they don't owe us anything. It's just the principle of Mat the Fourth.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

Curious how the 50% off the desert skiff will affect its value for those that picked it heavily in the mock investing game.

It will hurt in the short-term, but we'll see as the Summer progresses.  At least we know it will go to "Sold Out" status.

I don't think it is that bad. I don't know why a lot of people thought they would discount an exclusive when there policy is no discounting exclusives. 3 Sets at 50% off is a nice promotion for LEGO fans.

Malevolence + Skiff + ? to get the order over $75.

The skiff, which a lot of people probably got a good amount of at $17 or so, is still going to be a winner and a fine set. Yes, $12.50 is better than $17, yes, it will hurt in the short term, but also this will actually signal the end of the set. But there's no way it doesn't end up at $50 or more in a reasonable amount of time.

Most people seem pretty high on the Pre-Viz set, so half off seems solid, and $60 for a large ship that is also more or less officially on its way out also doesn't seem bad. 

I mean, I agree that it's a little lame that this has basically become an excuse to clear out old sets, but hey, they don't have to do anything at all :)

The affiliate links don't work for me. Do they go live later tonight?

They are working fine in the web browser.  I have no idea why they are not working in the forum app. These are the links they give for their products.  I will see what I can find.

No links for the watches? I may wind up getting one of those for my son.

It takes time to search and grab each of these.  I was concentrating on the sets for now.  Just click any link, all you need to do is click any of the Lego links and its good.

• Like 1