2014 May the 4th offers **LEGO SHOP USA/CAN**

Jeff Mack

Is the Darth Revan 1 per household or 1 per Order?

YES. :)

1 per household, but generally 1 per order with multiple per household, but as in prior promotions, your not guaranteed but multiple orders get multiple Revan's UNLESS they review the orders and strike them (at least this is what happened in Europe as far as I understand, very inconsistent)

Thanks Jeff/Ed for posting the sales link on the Forum main page! Saves just an extra couple of seconds from clicking on the thread. Use the links people!!!  :thumbsup:

Is the Darth Revan 1 per household or 1 per Order?

There always seems to be a discrepancy on this. Some people place X # of orders and get one in each, others don`t. Never been able to figure out exactly what Lego`s official stance is on this, as myself and others have had different experiences in store as well. 

Is TLG going to be selling these Darth Revan minifigs after the giveaway? 

There's a $4.99 price showing next to it when you click on "See Details" at S&****

They won't sell them but if they have leftovers they will give them away close to the end of the year when you spend $X on SW sets.

I think you're reading too much into this.  It seems fairly clear at this point that TLG is going to use 50% off sales during May the 4th to clear out old inventory for sets that are retiring.  They did it last year with the B-Wing and are doing it this year with three of the last five remaining white box SW sets on sale.  TLG isn't doing this to give resellers the finger, they are doing it because they have gotten much better with their inventory management and don't need to have sales with the same frequency or depth to clear out old sets.  

Historically, the May the 4th sales weren't as deep (generally around 25%), but they did apply to larger sets (MF, AT-OT, etc.). 

What about the UK? Discounts on all exclusives. Nothing for the US. They are sticking it to investors imho.

May be a dumb question, but if I put the items I want in my cart now and then refresh at midnight, will the sales automatically be applied?  I won't have access to my laptop at that time and my smartphone is a hassle to actually shop with haha

I believe that refreshing the site means the cache will be reset also, so no I don`t think so. Never tried it though. 

I believe that refreshing the site means the cache will be reset also, so no I don`t think so. Never tried it though. 

If you are signed in it should save it.  I put all those items on their favorites list in the cart earlier this week and they were still there when I signed in tonight.

• Like 1

If you are signed in it should save it.  I put all those items on their favorites list in the cart earlier this week and they were still there when I signed in tonight.

Interesting! Honestly never tried it, but if it does, that`s really handy. Save some valuable time  :thumbsup:

May be a dumb question, but if I put the items I want in my cart now and then refresh at midnight, will the sales automatically be applied? I won't have access to my laptop at that time and my smartphone is a hassle to actually shop with haha

Yes, it works . I've done it plenty of times . Have fun
  • Like 1

I was hoping for some deliciously discounted Death Stars, but I'm not going to call the waaahmbulance over three sets at 50% off.

I'll buy what I think I can get away with on LEGO Shop at Home tonight, and hit our two closest LEGO stores while the four of us are out and about buying books tomorrow and see if any of the 50%ers are in stock there, too.

• Like 1

Damn, I wish I had bought more B wings last year.

Ditto! Still this year, 50% off the 3 that are available is good. Even better when you toss in Revan, so even though this year appears underwhelming, there is still value to be had. Only issue I`m thinking about, and I`m sure many others, now is how to get more figures  :laugh: Plastic gold for Revan, and a far superior fig to last years` Hoth Han. 

So who's gettin the sandcrawler tonight? :D

I'm driving to Cincinnati to get one in the morning.  It is REALLY hard.  The new one is much more expansive but I like the smooth edges of the old one 10144, but I get caught up in the Hype and there is nothing more fun than standing in line before the store opens, getting one of the first (I got the first X Wing UCS) and the fig and taking pictures with the family.  So I am on board to get the new one.  Now the hard question for me is, do I build it or keep it mint in the box to display.

What about the UK? Discounts on all exclusives. Nothing for the US. They are sticking it to investors imho.

Again, I think that you're reading too much into it.  At the end of the day, TLG is a business and one that is extremely profitable by all accounts.  The fact that they chose not to discount exclusives in the U.S. almost certainly stems from the fact that they don't need to discount exclusives in the U.S. in order to sell them.  In the U.S., SSD has sold out from almost every online market without any discounts.  If TLG can sell out a $400 set without discounting it, why would they discount it?  Conversely, TLG has sold out of Desert Skiff and the Malevolence in almost every market worldwide except the U.S.  As a result, TLG has a need to discount those sets in order to clear out the inventory.

I think that the problem that many people here make when trying to figure out TLG's motives in any given situation is to analyze TLG's actions from their own perspective and ascribe to TLG motives consistent with the impact of TLG's decisions on them.  Therefore, if TLG prohibits discounts on exclusives, people are apt to view such decision as being motivated by a desire to hurt "investors," when, in reality, it is almost certainly motivated by TLG's realization that it doesn't need to discount exclusives in order to drive sales.

Although TLG has an issue with the growth of the reseller market, it is simply implausible that every decision TLG makes vis-a-vis pricing and discounts is designed to screw resellers.  

• Like 4

I'm driving to Cincinnati to get one in the morning.  It is REALLY hard.  The new one is much more expansive but I like the smooth edges of the old one 10144, but I get caught up in the Hype and there is nothing more fun than standing in line before the store opens, getting one of the first (I got the first X Wing UCS) and the fig and taking pictures with the family.  So I am on board to get the new one.  Now the hard question for me is, do I build it or keep it mint in the box to display.

Yeah the hypes got me too lol, the minifigs are way too awesome to pass up and who doesn't appreciate the amount of detail that they added to it it's pretty epic but when it comes to the outside I like the smooth finish of the old but for some reason the studded exterior looks more realistic to me and I loooove the box haha

• Like 1