Star Wars Planets

Spacewalker95

Wow, that's some nice brick built and printed detail. I was hoping to have all of the planet sets on display, and have a few to sell later on. Maybe once Brick Classifieds are out, I can do a switcheroo with some non-US members. 

I do agree with Sandowsk1. The Planet sets were a flop in the US. Over produced, over available, over clearances, etc. It's rare for sets to be put on sale on LEGO Shop at Home, and even rarer for it to stay like that for the amount of time the Series 2 ones did.

Are those printed parts on the b-wing and snowspeeder?

Yup - awesome

They were not popular in the US.  If they aren't going to make money by selling them in the US, it is a smart decision not to sell them here.  You are in the minority of people that like them.

Yeah you have no way of knowing any of those things you just said. Seems to me most people do like them.

My biggest beef is why is Series 4 not available here or Canada yet is to every other country? How is it the rest of the world like these but not us? Really? That whole bit feels ridiculous.

They were not popular in the US.  If they aren't going to make money by selling them in the US, it is a smart decision not to sell them here.  You are in the minority of people that like them.

Yeah you have no way of knowing any of those things you just said. Seems to me most people do like them.

Lego made a statement about them deciding on not selling them to the US because of low sales. Plus Series 2 & 3 lingered around my Target for a while to the point of being discounted to roughly $6 each yet at my Walmart all three Series' sold out at a steady & often guick pace. Looking back at it all, these sold pretty good at Walmart.

Either way, it still blows considering this is the best of the whole line. Funny to think that Lego is canceling the Planets line altogether, decides on selling the last ones to everybody else, and then turn around to come up with the Microfighters line as a replacement for the following year! :wacko:

Wow I totally missed the boat on these cool little sets. I cant count how many times I walked passed them on SUPER clearance while looking for other deals. Isnt that always the way though?? LOL!!! Is anyone else as stocked as I am about the MICROFIGHTERS line coming in 2014 (props to Orcking for the pics)??? They look super cool to me and kinda remind me of the super deformed versions of Street Fighter and Gundam characters...

• 3 weeks later...

My biggest beef is why is Series 4 not available here or Canada yet is to every other country? How is it the rest of the world like these but not us? Really? That whole bit feels ridiculous.

How many times does the US get exclusive US-only sets? ;)

Still pissed though that even when Americans don't deserve them, Canadians have to suffer too. :D  Canada was suppose to get them according to some sources but haven't seen in any retailer.

For me, these are the best one out of the 4 series. I collect flesh-colour minifigs so these are great.

I'm getting some from Europe. I'll see if I can get some from HK .

I just tried Amazon.fr, the cheapest were 9 EUR. The first couple of sellers won't deliver to Canada, i'll try other sellers at slightly higher price. I can't read German but that's a good suggestion, maybe I should give it a try.

On Bricklink they are also at 9 EUR. So it's about the same everywhere, comes down to shipping really. The sets are such bulky buggers to ship.

I just tried Amazon.fr, the cheapest were 9 EUR. The first couple of sellers won't deliver to Canada, i'll try other sellers at slightly higher price. I can't read German but that's a good suggestion, maybe I should give it a try.

On Bricklink they are also at 9 EUR. So it's about the same everywhere, comes down to shipping really. The sets are such bulky buggers to ship.

They might have changed it but I ordered 2 of each set from amazon.de and shipping was extremely low.

• 3 weeks later...

Info on Planet 4 Series:

Target Canada carries at least 75011 but has no inventory and they wouldn't say if they are getting more in.  My local store had 3 in stock but couldn't find them.

The ID number is 00010244522 and retails at 12.99.  If you are in your local target, ask a staff member to look up the ID Number in his/her PDA and you might get lucky.

See attachment.

post-30305-0-99832000-1388002094_thumb.j

• Like 1